Thread: 60 Ranchero in BC

bcwoody9 Guest

60 Ranchero in BC

New Ranchero owner in Vancouver.Just bought a rust free '60 that came from central Wash.Starting the task of yanking the 144 (damn it's loud at 70MPH) 3spd for a 66 Must. 289 .T10 setup.Going Maverick 8" with discs all around as well. hope to have it mostly done by fall
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like a fun project. Nice you already have a direction. I have to sit on it and change my mind half a dozen times before I decide what to do.
    Keep us updated as she progresses.

Jeff

Hey BC, I assume you meant a "60 Ranchero in BC" and not an "80..." Regardless, love those Ranchero's! That would be my second choice for going round body. First would be a 63 hardtop of either type.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Welcome BC! Love the black paint and the red wheels. Classic look!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Have fun BC

Sounds like a great plan.......we luv pics
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

bcwoody9 Guest
    Yup it's a 60 It looks better than I type

Nice looking Ranchero, BC. Reminds me of my first (I've been bitten by the Ranchero bug 4 times now). My first was a '60 with 144ci and Dagenham. What a powerhouse that was (ha ha). But it carried three bodies, three dirt bikes, three gas cans, helmets and assorted paraphenalia many trips to the desert riding in central WA from the coast, and still got almost 20 mpg. I loved it and wish I had kept it!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs