Thread: Newby

Newby

Well not new to FALCONS and RANCHERO'S.I live in southern Illinois where good FALCONS are rare.I have a '62 RANCHERO that I have spent over 1500 on the rusted out quarter panels(just for parts and welding).And they are not done.Wish I still lived in Tacoma,where I could have a FALCON or RANCHERO that was rust free or almost.My RANCHERO was rusted out almost to the bottom of the gas cap.Because they don't make a full quarter for a round body.and shipping would also kill my budjet,again.After almost 40 years with FALCONS there is no other clasic car!Glad I found this Forum that is part bof the FCA.

Welcome. I grew up in Wisconsin and had the same problem with the Salt (note the Capital "S"". After moving to Seattle, I was amazed at how clean the old cars are here.

Welcome! Yes, we have better luck avoiding rust while driving our cars, but pine needles and dirt and water and pine needles dirt and water (did I mention water?), we have rot here too, but not as bad as salt would do.

Hope you get it all together without breaking the bank -- which these days is not that hard to do!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"