Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Day forming for 1st of August

Tech Day forming for 1st of August

We're trying to arrange a tech day for the first weekend in August up at Gene's place in Everett. How many would be available to go up there and help Gene on his Ranchero and Joanna on her 4-door 62? Gene's is fresh from paint and needs assembly work -- all new into new, for the most part. And Joanna needs a windshield installed, a gas-filler relocated, and possibly an ignition upgrade. Lots to do and could use as many hands on deck as we can coerce, uh, I mean convince, to come out. Gene will break out the grill and the club will buy some burger makings and drinks.

Please let us know, including Gene, whether this will work for anyone -- or whether another day might be better. Joanna is gone the 7th-16th of August, so we could do later in the month too depending on Gene's fishing schedule.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; August 1st, 2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger,
    Just a little bit of info for my Ranchero. I purchased a complete ("used, but in good condition") power steering setup from another club member and have never done any front-end work. I would like to "use" any volunteered labor to install that setup, and possibly even drop the front springs out to cut a coil from them. Of course, as you mentioned, there is also lots of assembly work to be done, both interior and exterior. I have all new interior pieces already and a complete set of clips to install side chrome. I have not gotten to the door openers and poppers yet, either. So there is lots to do, and I will be very appreciative of any and all assistance. My Ranchero will probably be in the garage and I have a "mostly level" double wide driveway to work on Joanna's car. I can even supply a pop-up to shelter the driveway workspace in case the weather is too wet or too hot.

The barbecue will be on the patio for the fixin's. I will supply soft drinks for those interested. If you prefer stronger libations, BYOB.
    Gene

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Would be more than happy to come up and lend a hand!
    The pain is only temporary

Count me in for sure! I've got window experience AND I love putting shiny new pieces on fresh paint!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

As much as I would like to be involved in more tech days, I'm afraid I'm committed to taking any free moments that I have and plowing ahead on my own Falcon. After it's back on the road, I'll step up.

Make you a deal Jeff... if you come to the tech day I'll give you the entire next day; I'll haul out my welder and grinder and we'll have at it. That way we can enjoy your presence and you'll get as much done, maybe more! Oh heck, even if you can't make it... I'll come out the next day and help you if you need it. Whatever you need.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"