Thread: Introduction

jlrhyner Guest

Thumbs up Introduction

After over 35 years of hauling and storing my 63 Falcon Futura Convertible around the US I am finally retired and going to get it drivable. During that time I have only put on about a thousand miles, I originally bought it in the late 70's with over 98,000 miles on it. Most traveling has been by trailer or ship. So far I have reupholstered the seats and cleaned up most of the interior, as well as some mechanical work. Next is to replace the door panels, all the door and window seals and the top. It's not a frame up restoration but it will be a good casual show car. The goal is to have it ready for the Dearborn Classics show in OR in mid August.

In addition to my Falcon, my oldest son has a 69 Torino Fastback and my second son has a 70 Rover 3500S (British). We like old cars, our daily drivers are a 91 Explorer, a 96 Cherokee, and my 06 Suzuki S40 Boulevard motorcycle.
    I hope to be at the July monthly meeting

Jim

Welcome Jim

Welcome to the club Jim. Are you going to post some pics for us?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

jlrhyner Guest
    Bill, I will try in the next day of so. Need to figure out how.

By the way, what time is the monthly meeting? I would like to go tomorrow.
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your ride, or at least some photos for now. The meeting is at 7:00. If you plan on eating, arrive a little early.

Hope you can make it!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

jlrhyner Guest
    Is that 7:00 am or pm. On the calendar it says meetings are at 6:00 to 7:30 am but that looked obsolete.

My wife said she has something for me to do this Wed so now it looks like it will have to be the August meeting before I come. If there is an event the group will be at in the meantime, hopefully I can be there.

Good catch, the Calendar says 8:00-9:30Pm for all of the meetings. I bet Pat can update that to 7:00PM and add the Location as Burgermaster - University Village.