Thread: Just joined today

Just joined today

Hi fellow Falcon fans.... I just signed up today so I could communicate with you here... I have three Falcons right now ... 1963 Sedan Delivery, 1963 Two door wagon, and a 1961 Two door wagon ... ( thanks Jeff ! ) I am also hooked up with a few Comets .. in fact, I've got an odd ball on my operating table right now... it's a 61 I've dropped a 289 in, and a couple nights ago I installed a four speed with the 4th gear OD.

I usually am going in way too many directions to convince myself I've got any time to relax, but I'm thinking about doing that someday. I look forward to meeting some of you here and there eventually...

Brian J. Seattle ~

Greetings Brian,

Sounds like you have the addicition too

If you ever want to part with that 63 two door wagon let me know.. I know a guy that wants to build a shelby clone.. long story but supposedly shelby and company built a two door wagon as a shop truck with all the gt 350 goodies

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Hi Brian, you will have to upload some of your pictures. I know you have some truly unique things going on. I still need to get a look at your chopped comet.

just hopped off the 61 Comet

Hey Nathan and Jeff ... thanks for the posts ... Nathan... I'll keep you in mind if I decide to let the 63 wagon live.... Jeff I will post a couple pics sometime.. I tried earlier in the parts wanted section of this site... but I don't think the pics or the post were published. I'm cranking very hard right now to put the 61 roadster Comet on the road by the end of August ...

I just got done about an hour ago drilling all the welds and removing the cowl... I don't recommend anyone who loves their Falcon look at what lurks under this panel on these old relics... FoMoCo didn't think about sealing most of this area with primer or paint from what I found....

A few nights ago I changed out the toploader 3 speed for the four speed O.D. trans... Sweeeeet ! Nice shift linkage 4 barrel 289 ... I can't wait to cruise this one ! Well, I've got a mess of tools, rust and chunks to go downstairs to clean up.... I'll talk with you guys later ........
    Brian

horror flick pics

I'm baaaackkk, not sure if these will upload, but I'll give it a try. You can see I trashed the cowl top getting it off.... I did this because it was rusted through in a few areas and the grille had been used for the casual catwalk ... seems to be popular with some of my Ford products I've noticed. Anyway.. I've got a very sweet cowl section I sawed out of a 1960 Falcon I parted out a few years ago... I need to find out what's available in the line of ' weld thru ' paint and seam sealer if possible.

I best go clean up and get some shuteye ... tomorrow's a worksearchday ~

Live long and modify ............. Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting the naked cowl section so I can see the trouble spots. I'm going to take advantage of my little arms and a sponge brush. I think I can lay on my back and reach through the two vent holes and paint my Eastwood Rust Encapsulator in all the right areas. I have already reached in there with a sponge and soap and water to scrub it clean.

I just bought a can of Zinc weld-through primer from Napa, $9.95.

Check out Wesco Auto Body Supply for auto paints and such. They will have the better grade of seal sealers. There are several locations depending on where you live.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Brian,

Interesting wooden engine compartment shelf....

I began doing what you just did on a 64 Ranchero a few years back... decided to abandon the car. But yeah, these were not expected to be around long enough to matter to Ford. If it probably wasn't a key component to keeping the car from twisting any more than it already does and breaking the windshield or something, I was debating (then) to make this a removable panel like some of the other bigger Ford cars are. Probably still could do it with some planning.

Nathan- If you're reading this, I have a picture of a Shelby 2-door Falcon (SedanDelivery), but it was a 64 or 65 car in my picture. I'll look for it and post it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"