PDA

View Full Version : Roof rack

compact75
November 15th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I´m thinking of building a roof rack to my wagon but I don´t really have the exact measurements....
I´m also looking for a good picture to build after.

thanks

Nathan289
November 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Have you watched e-bay or craigslist?

They pop up once in awhile..

I know a guy is parting a wagon, maybe it has a roof rack. I'll give him a call.

Nathan

doghows
November 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I have 2 of the roof racks now. One I plan on keeping for my sedan delivery, the second one is all there, but need some repair work done. All the cormer pieces are good just needs some of the straight tubes replaced. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks Steve...

compact75
November 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I have looked on ebay for a while now but couldn´t find anyone,
so yes I´m interested, could you send a photo?

doghows
November 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I will try to get a pic for you. If the rain stops. It looks just like the one on the sedan I have, I will try to get a pic of that for you now. The other one I have will need a couple of the straight tubes but the flat bars and corners are all good.

doghows
December 21st, 2009, 08:31 AM
Finally had some decent weather and got the cover off of the parts car. I took the rack off of the car and took some pics. It has some rust on it but not something that could be rubbed out. The long tubes are the broken ones, but those are just round tube. The end pieces are oval shape but are OK. All the gaskets are soft and break easily but other than that it is in good shape and easily repairable. Let me know if you are still interested and what shape you want it in. I may find some round tube and repair and polish the unit out and sell it that way?? Thanks Steve H.

doghows
December 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
No I sold them both to Jeff. He is keeping one and selling the other. Check with him on those. Thanks Steve..

Jeff W
December 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I think I'm keeping both:banana:

Cleaning one up best I can for immediate installation and saving the second to get the bits rechromed when the budget allows... it may be a couple of years. After the second is rechromed and swapped, I would consider selling the unrestored rack.