PDA

View Full Version : January 20th Meeting

Luva65wagon
January 13th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey all,

We'll be having a meeting at the U-dub BurgerMaster on January 20th @7PM. Hope you can make it.

If you plan to grab a burger and shake, try to get there a little early so we can start the meeting on-time.

Thanks!

MacDee
January 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
If you have it, I will come...

redfalken
January 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Looking forward to it! I doubt if they've been published yet but if anyone has a local 2010 car show calendar, bring it along.

SmithKid
January 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
See you there.
Gene

Jeff W
January 17th, 2010, 06:05 PM
see you there - if anyone has a used 63-64 turn signal switch and harness to donate , bring it to the meeting. I hate to buy a new one ($44) when I will be swapping the column to a 1962 auto set up next year.

Luva65wagon
January 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM
If anyone has an unneeded pair of rear shock leaf-spring supports (the parts the u-bolts go into) they want to part with (they can be the small 7.25 rear size), and maybe a V8 driveline or at least one half of one with a yoke attached, I could use them if they have them and they're coming to the meeting. I'll post in the parts wanted too, but I need to make some adaptations to mount my new 8" rear end. I'll pay you whatever you think they are worth.

Nathan289
January 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Darn it roger,

I went and bought me a cool 63 hard top with all the cool sprint goodies so I had a reason to bring you a 7 1/4 rear end.. and I find out you got a cool new 8" rear?? I might have the plates and u bolts if you want them.. darn it..

Yes I bought my fourth falcon....:doh:
one more and i have my own club[yay]

Nathan

Luva65wagon
January 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Well Nathan... sorry about that. I was almost about to give up. ;)

Nice to hear you have a few extra bucks laying around burning a hole in your pocket to save another Falcon. There've been a few hardtop 63's around here over the past year, but if that's a Sprint, lucky you!

JLP1977
January 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I have to scoot around 7:30, but will definitely be there for the first part of the meeting!

-Joanna

SmithKid
January 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I had made plans to attend the meeting, but have something come up and now won't be able to attend. DRAT! I always look forward to the meetings!
Gene

Luva65wagon
January 21st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Why Gene, that must have been your clone that was there then. Amazing what they can do these days.

Also, Gene, you mentioned "the radio that was your Dad's" when I mentioned your radio was toast. This afternoon I realized you may have been thinking about that old tube radio you handed off to me -- not the one from your Ranchero, which I said I would open up and see what shape it was in. I was talking the one from your Ranchero. I don't suppose it was that one you wanted me to toss -- even though I can't fix it without some other donor(s) to get the parts it needs -- was it?

BadBird
January 21st, 2010, 07:55 PM
I am so sorry that I missed this meeting. Carol and I were just getting ready to leave the house. My health keeps causing issues and we felt that it would be rough to get there. Again I apologize to the whole club. Larry

SmithKid
January 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yesy Roger. I did indeed have my wires crossed as to which radio you were referring to. I do indeed want the Falcon radio back, working or not. Trying to uncross my wires here, I believe you siad the tuning mechanism was hosed up (I wasn't trying to maintain the data you were stating because I mistakenly assumed you were speaking about the other radio). Sorry! Is that correct? Did the radio make any noise? Hum?
Thanks for looking at it! Gene

Luva65wagon
January 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Gene,

Glad we got that clarified. Had you not mentioned your Dad, I wouldn't have made the connection.

Never got so far as wanting to apply power to it once I got inside of it. I did a bit of cleaning some of the parts (as I was taking it apart), but once I was inside I said "Whoaaanelly" and stopped.

I'll arrange to bring it over and show you what's what. I think there are a few places out there that rebuild these (and have the parts to do it). If it wasn't so mucked up inside, the rest of the repair would have been a cinch. Maybe there are some of these around the membership nobody wants we can get the guts from. I'll collect the parts in a box so we can meet up sometime.