PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Monroe Swap Meet

Luva65wagon
January 28th, 2010, 08:43 PM
As discussed at the last meeting, we are going to once again do the Monroe Swap Meet as a club function. Here is some information:

Big Auto Swap
5/15/2010 - 5/16/2010
Early Ford V-8 Club's Auto Swap Meet
Information: www.efv8psrg.org (http://www.efv8psrg.org) or 800-645-4997

We'll have a 10x20 space and we'll try to arrange for a single storage location a week or so beforehand to let you get your stuff there.

So start cleaning out your rafters and looking for things you want to get rid of. Though this is an auto swap meet, many odd things are bought and sold there.

As we did last year a small percentage of the "take" will go to the club and the rest goes to you. Large ticket items you want to part with you can decide how much. We'll post the specifics of everything over the next month or two.

Nathan289
January 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
SOOOO Roger wanna another 3 speed?:ROTFLMAO:

Should I bring over my stuff next weekend or should I figure something else out?

I'd love to clean out my garage... I gots lots this year..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
January 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Nathan,

NO!

But you can bring it and we'll try again. Steve has the other one you brought last year now... and my guess is it'll be there too.

Depending on how much you have and what sort of space it requires, you can bring it over and we'll store it at Kenny's place. :ROTFLMAO: Just kidding Kenny. If it can sit outside, I have room for it here.

I'm trying to get our company red-truck ('78 F350 flat-bed) as a 4th vehicle (they said I can have it if I want it, but it's not running at the moment - some Duraspark II issue, I think), so I hope to have stuff just loaded into it as it arrives. That's not a done-deal yet.

So what do you have? You ought to make the trip here that weekend so you can help out... and take home what doesn't sell. They allow for camper trailers if you camp like that. Anyway, I see in a vision 2 old tranny's and a two 7.25 rear ends (mine and yours) and whatever you bring that doesn't sell sitting in my back yard... if you don't come. :D

redfalken
January 30th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I need to be getting junk OUT of the basement, not IN!

I'm running out of old parts to sell but I'm sure I can round up a few. And there's never a shortage of things that fall into the "odd" category...

Rustorod
January 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM
I should be able to come up with a couple things. How about studded snow tires for a truck?

Nathan289
January 31st, 2010, 06:13 PM
I have a 2.3L from a DOHC Ford ranger with a spun rod bearing..( was thinking 2.3L with a T-5 in a two door wagon) Its a complete engine..

tylers_62
January 31st, 2010, 10:23 PM
new here but i thought id throw it out there, i may be able to put something in the bed of the ranchero if anyone needs

doghows
February 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Hey Roger; Are there any parts I should save off of the wagon I am parting out?? Has a good rear fold and tumble seat? Steering column. Some other good stuff as well. I think I will come over for that one. Oh yeah I have 2 of those tranny's now?? Do they breed?? Any how let me know I would be happy to donate some stuff to the club or just sell it.
By they way the new cowl and dash go in the sedan this weekend. :banana:
Let me know Thanks Steve..

Luva65wagon
February 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Steve,

You just never know what people will need. At the very least that seat would make a cool shop bench. :)

All the stainless would be worth bringing as well.

And as for those tranny's -- yeah, they seem to be cloning themselves.

Be sure to take some before pics of the repai work you did under the cowl. [thumb]

doghows
February 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Cool; I will put some piles together before I scrap out the last of the parts car.
Look for some pics up on Monday, I should have it all in by then. Time to start looking for color. It would be easier to powder the dash before I weld it back in???

Jeff W
February 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I have seen many people looking for replacement wagon roofs. You may want to cut that off as long as you don't have to store it too long. They like them cut 1/2 way up (or is it down?) the posts.

The only wagon specific piece I am looking for is the removable piece of floor that covers the rear shock towers... it is 43" wide and about 7" on each side of the 90 degree bend. After seeing the rear floors of your delivery... I'm expecting you will need that piece from the donor.

... oh - and of course the spare tire cover and spare tire hold down hardware.

doghows
February 5th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Let me double check that. I saved the one from the delivery, and the donor car does have a good one. I think the one from the delivery was OK, but the smaller piece right next to it was bad. I will look at it tonight and see if I have a good one. I have the spare tire cover and hardware from the donor car. The cover is red though??? I'll put it in the pile.

Jeff W
February 5th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Red is great. I have a bunch of other items to paint/dye as well. I'm sure we can work out a deal. I'll inventory all my other trim and see if I need anything else that you may have laying around.

Jeff W
February 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I don't need them but be sure to save all the headliner bows and attaching wire clips... They are hard to find.

doghows
February 8th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Let me know, I have been saving all the "weird" stuff. I kept all the interior trim panels and still have a 6cyl and auto that are in the car.

Nathan289
February 23rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Hey Roger,

Believe it or not I actually sold the 2.77 three speed I had..
I've been able to sell off some odds and ins here and there and have found some things Ive needed..

Nathan

InkedForLife
April 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
When are we going to start collecting the stuff for the swap meet? I have a bit of stuff to sell;
rear end from a 65 I6 Ranchero
almost complete 4 lug front end from same
almost complete 5 lug front end from a V8 Ranchero
M/C and booster from a 76 Maverick
2v cast iron intake from a 289
and various other parts and pieces

Troy

Luva65wagon
April 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
People will be able to bring things to my place beginning in May, but I don't have a lot of "undercover" space I want to have filled up with stuff for too long (that's where I park everyday). Stuff that can sit in the weather for a while can come at just about any time as May gets closer. I have a space that is drier, but not totally dry.

InkedForLife
April 2nd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Wow, don't know where my heads at. Was thinking the swap meet was this month :D. Nothing to see here, move along.

Troy

Luva65wagon
May 3rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
OK guys, it's May now. Just less than two weeks to go.... Jerry Kirby brought a few boxes of things to sell by this last weekend -- all of which he is donated at 100% (Thank you Jerry!) and so anyone else who has things they want me to haul in, run them up to my house before that Friday before the meet -- I'm going in to set up on Friday -- and I'll drive them in.

PM me if you want my address.

Jeff W
May 3rd, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'll bring Kenny and the few items we can scrounge up first thing Saturday Morning. Pat - You are welcome to ride with - I'll have my van so we can get a few things in the back (no engines).

I don't have an awning but hope somene brings one. My fair skin isn't good in direct sun:NERVOUS:... although I'm hoping for sun rather than rain.

Did we get a confirmation on location? Same as last year would be swell.

Luva65wagon
May 3rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Same place as before. I think Gene said we could borrow his pop-up again... though he thinks he'll be out of town that weekend... and I still have the club banner.

redfalken
May 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I looked through the thread twice but didn't see anything about a time to be there Saturday. I probably won't have a lot of parts to set up myself but can help.

My neighbor was wanting to go with so I thought I should break the news to him about how early he'll be getting up!!

Luva65wagon
May 11th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Vendor setup is:

Friday 12PM-9PM
Saturday 5AM-7:30AM -- 8AM open to everyone, closes 5PM
Sun 7AM-8:30AM -- 9AM open to all, closes 2PM

I've not had a lot of people bring anything for me to bring. Thought there would be more. At this point I'm not sure I need to bring the flatbed. I guess I'll send a mass-mailing as a last-minute reminder.

BadBird
May 11th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I have some stuff to bring by. Not sure when is a good time to bring it. Larry

Luva65wagon
May 12th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Larry, you can bring stuff by, or I can swing by (and drool) and get it from you. I'll be home tomorrow after about 5PM and will be off from work on Friday to bring the stuff out there, probably around 1 or 2PM (before traffic to Monroe gets crazy)..

My address is 126 143rd St. SE
Lynnwood 98087

Jeff W
May 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Roger - do you have tables or sawhorses and wood?

What else do you need (other than items to sell)?

Luva65wagon
May 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I've got one 6' long table I'm bringing and I have a couple sets of saw-horses and can drag down an old hollow-core door or two from the loft to act as tables. If there's room like there was last year (no vendors behind us and a straight shot to drive out) I may be able to use the back of my truck for some stuff. We'll see. The weather is expected to be pretty good, so the ground will be there for some stuff.

SmithKid
May 13th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Roger,
I have a folding table approx. 2.5 ft x 5.5 ft that I could bring to you tomorrow. I could just put it on your carport.
Gene

Jeff W
May 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
So it sounds like all of the booth stuff covered. I'll leave my sawhorses at home and just bring my personal stuff (chair, cooler, money to spend and a welcoming smile).

Don't forget the "invite to join" cards and the holder. That's half the point of getting the booth.

redfalken
May 14th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I've got the cards, some decals, applications, and some old newsletters. Roger, I hope you have the card stand because I don't find it anywhere!

Dalton
May 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM
My Dad and his friend Jerry have a booth set up at 601 #98 and #99 where is the Falcon booth at? I will probably be at the show for all day Saturday and all day Sunday so come visit us.

Luva65wagon
May 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I've got the cards, some decals, applications, and some old newsletters. Roger, I hope you have the card stand because I don't find it anywhere!

Yeah, I think I've seen it. I'll look in the box and in my car. I think I've had it since Greenwood last year when you had you M/C.

I hauled a truck load of stuff up there today with the help of Bill, but he was on-call and needed to get back by 5PM, so it's all in a pile under a tarp. I'm going to go there very early, ~6AM, so there is some hope of getting things somewhat organized before the throng of looky-loo's. If anybody plans on getting there before 8AM (fingers crossed) call me from outside the car-corral gate and I think I can get you in from there. Otherwise the gates are open to all at 8AM. We are one row over from the car corral in the v-shaped grassy knoll.

There is a REALLY nice 61 Ranchero there for $9500, V8, 9inch and no rust I could find anywhere. Gosh, I wonder if he'd take part trades for a couple other trucks... :) And my old panel truck is there again too. :(

Luva65wagon
May 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
My Dad and his friend Jerry have a booth set up at 601 #98 and #99 where is the Falcon booth at? I will probably be at the show for all day Saturday and all day Sunday so come visit us.

We're at 31-13 in the front by the car corral, so come visit us too! [thumb] We'll have a Seahawks pop-up with the club banner on the front.

Luva65wagon
May 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM
So it sounds like all of the booth stuff covered. I'll leave my sawhorses at home and just bring my personal stuff (chair, cooler, money to spend and a welcoming smile).

Don't forget the "invite to join" cards and the holder. That's half the point of getting the booth.

It is? I thought it was so I could get rid of some my junk! :p

I have two tables there, which will probably be enough. I didn't bring the doors. I forgot that I buried them up in the loft and was not looking forward to digging them out again.

Luva65wagon
May 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Yep, the card display was in the file-folder case. I'll bring that too. Good thing I went out and looked, because I had stored the headers Jerry brought in the back of the wagon and would have forgotten all about them.

Luva65wagon
May 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Day One was pretty good. Dalton was there early to help me get a few things set up as we waited on Kenny and Jeff (thank you Dalton). They showed up right about the time the gates opened.

The day was very nice and I suspect there are a lot of red people right now (me being one of them).

I'm going to head back in the morning at about 8AM (the gates open at 9AM on Sunday) and try to get things set up again. The two vendors beside us on both sides are gone tomorrow, so I can spread things out better. Not 100% sure if there's anybody else coming to help tomorrow. Kenny and Jeff said Patrick may show.

Anyone who has parts there who's expecting to get the parts that didn't sell, or monies from sales made, can come to the meeting on Wednesday where we'll sift through the thousands we've made. :rolleyes: Or they can pick them up from my house next week.

Jeff W
May 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I'm a little red... but it was worth it so the club can get a little green.

Thanks to many the generous donations of parts!

I think Dalton recruted about 12 new prospects and handed out 50 cards to Falcon owners.

Luva65wagon
May 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I was a little red too after yesterday, and today at the end was a lot wet as well. Just about 1:30 as I started towards packing up things -- looking up and crossing my fingers the dark clouds would not open up... they did exactly that. The heavens opened up and it came down hard, and fast and didn't stop for the entire rest of the time until we drove away at about 3PM. Sucked big time. Sort of deja vu from Jon's tech day as the Bill Williams, Andy and I fought to get Jon's car done in a down-pour. I gotta stop getting stuck in the rain. Had it not been for my friend showing up from Sequim I would have had a really tough time getting things wrapped up and the tent brought down and everything loaded up. No other club members showed up today. :o For my friend's help the club bought him dinner from some of the proceeds. Seemed only fair, since he got soaked to the bone too.

I need to know now what to do with the stuff that other people own. I have stuff of Bill's, Kenny's, and Gene's. Currently it is all in my carport -- except for the pop-up tent. If everyone is coming to the meeting on Wednesday, I'll take it to work with me on Wednesday and you can get it at the meeting. If you don't indicate - here - you are coming to the meeting, I will not haul it out there and you can pick it up here from my carport.

Dalton
May 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I was there Saturday but I couldn't make it out Sunday due to some work around the property and a History report. Saturday was pretty busy until around four and then it started slowing down. My Dad (Bob) said that Sunday was moderately slow for him and I was wondering if we sold alot Sunday. I look forward to rolling through all of the thousands of dollars we made on the meeting on Wednesday. Hopefully all of those people who we passed out cards to will actually look at the website rather than throwing them in the trash can...

lilblackwagon
May 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thought this might be an appropriate place to post since it is 'bout the swap...
Anyways...I went with pockets full of cash hoping to get a van full of parts for my projects and ended up only buying some headlight surrounds for my Falcon (which it doesn't need). Scored them for $5 at the last table I visited. Kinda bummed. I didn't find a single thing I needed. I picked one of y'alls cards up so I'll probably join the club soon.
On another note...I couldn't believe some of the prices there. I was hoping to pick up some slotted mags (4 lug). Seems people think they're worth their weight in gold. Even with extreme curb rash. I guess I shouldn't get upset 'cause it's not like they make 'em anymore...

Luva65wagon
May 17th, 2010, 09:28 PM
There used to be a couple Falcon vendors who frequented the swap meets, but they haven't been seen (by me) in a couple years now. Probably retired. Seems most of the Falcon vendors are either thinning the stock, closing, or just plain disappearing.

And yeah, I'm not sure I get prices on some things either. Even some of the cars in the lot were very rough for what they were thinking people should offer for them. There's no such thing as cheap any more.

It was good to talk to you on Sunday and hopefully we'll be able to help you out with your wagon.