PDA

View Full Version : paint ideas?

tylers_62
January 31st, 2010, 04:33 PM
im considering paint colors for my 1962 falcon ranchero it has red seat etc and the Grey carpet and dash. i was wondering if you guys could maybe post some pics of your colors? i dont care if its a ranchero or not just need some ideas. thank you!

Luva65wagon
February 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM
I would suggest red, but that's too popular ;)

I really like the color of Patrick's car (user Pbrown). Not a real popular color, but it's classic. I like my car's color too, since it hides a multitude of sins, but it's not really a color.

tylers_62
February 1st, 2010, 08:12 PM
i checked out his color. it almost looks like the original color that was on this.

pbrown
February 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM
How about a two tone. Paint it red with a dark charcoal roof maybe. Or red hood, roof and bed top with a dark charcoal or black or maybe gray down low.

BTW - My 62 is Sandshell Beige. It's the original color.

Another color I considered was Cool Vanilla. It's a newer Chrysler color that I've seen on several 300's and PT Cruisers.

tylers_62
February 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
that actually sounds really sweet. im gonna have to allocate some funds from my birthday [thumb] and get the body work done, and hopefully get a sketch of it done.. hmm. thanks guys keep em comin

tylers_62
February 1st, 2010, 09:59 PM
im kind of leaning towards a blue for some reason. red is a really popular color and looks great on these cars but i have always loved blue. im considering lexus spectra blue. or ford royal blue