PDA

View Full Version : Horns on a 65 Ranchero

InkedForLife
February 4th, 2010, 09:25 PM
OK,
So I am slowly building the Ranchero as the body work is almost completed and paint should happen sometime next week. I am painting the last of the bits and pieces, and as the horns were done yesterday, I decided to trial fit them to see how they would look. I cannot for the life of me remember where they mount :confused:. And the shop manual has no pics, of course. So, if anybody with a 64 or 65 (not sure if the other years mount the same) could take a peak under the hood and maybe a pic of there horn location, I would appreciate it. I'll be over in the corner mumbling to myself.

Troy

Luva65wagon
February 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Troy,

I have better pictures stashed on my work PC, but I edited a photo I found on my laptop here and this should help, I hope.

SmithKid
February 5th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Troy,
Pretend like the engine compartment you are about to see is WAY cleaner than the picture shows. However I took a couple of pics for you. Hope they help.
Gene

Luva65wagon
February 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah, just like that. Much better pics Gene. [thumb]

InkedForLife
February 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
[thumb]
Thanks Gene and Roger, was trying to mount them inside the radiator support. Sanity (such that it was) has been restored.

Troy

Jeff W
February 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Maybe I'm missing something... isn't this a RANCHero you were asking about? I think the approved horn mounting location is pictured below.

InkedForLife
February 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'll get right on that Jeff!

SmithKid
February 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
That's only for Ranchero owners full of bull.