PDA

View Full Version : Meeting and Tech Days (7/21/2010)

Luva65wagon
July 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Just had a member call me asking if we're having a meeting tonight. No, there is no meeting tonight. I will always send a mass-email if there is a meeting.

I won't be able to make this month or next month - for sure. I think the first opportunity I'll have again to hold a meeting is September (I hope).

That said, there's nothing keeping the rest of you from meeting and keeping things afloat. Don't let my life-problems keep the rest of you from moving forward with things. I'm just in the midst of an immense project at the moment with an impossible deadline with programmers calling and emailing me 24/7 -- and my mind isn't thinking Falcons at the moment.

That isn't to say I won't try and make a tech day if you have one. Oddly, I don't consider that something that requires much thinking, like planning for a meetings and tech days do. I may have to step aside and answer an email once an hour if you have one, but that's doable. ;)

It appears, also, that something didn't happen in the last push for having a tech day this month at Dalton and Bob's place. I'm sure the ball was dropped on my part for not continually pushing for it and making sure everyone was on the same page. It was supposed to be this weekend, but Dalton didn't hear from anyone, so his plans changed. Please try and arrange something up there and take advantage of the offer Dalton and Bob made to the club. You don't often get the chance to lift your car up and stand underneath it! :WHATTHE:

Thanks for your understanding folks.

SmithKid
July 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear (read) about the cancellation at Dalton and Bob's...... Guess I'll use the time I had scheduled for that to work on my own car. I'm in the middle of the heater box rebuild, and then will probably attempt to get my dash re-assembled. I'm getting pretty close to getting the car back out of the garage for some driving and really looking forward to it!!!!!!

Now for my Tom Sawyer bit....... Anyone else that was planning to go to Dalton and Bob's place is certainly welcome to come by my place for som QUALITY Falcon time. I think I could even manage to scare up some lunch and refreshments. Let me know.

Gene

Luva65wagon
July 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
I feel pretty bad the tech-day got messed up, but thanks Gene for offering to have people over. I hope some people take you up on your kind offer.

BillP 98201
July 25th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I was trying to figure out when Daltons tech day was happening.........
Gene.... just say when you want to do this.
Roger...... sorry you are so slammed at work, I can relate.
Everything will work itself out

Dalton
August 31st, 2010, 01:46 PM
So I was hoping to try to schedule another tech day at my house on Saturday September 25th. The offer of using the hydraulic lift stands. The shop has enough indoor room to work on three cars and is equipped with basic metal fabrication tools. I live in Arlington which is 30 minutes north of the Everret boeing plant. It would be nice if people could let me know if they are attending that way I could plan for the amount of food needed.

BillP 98201
August 31st, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'll come by during my break.......... Dont have to worry bout feeding me.

Rustorod
August 31st, 2010, 04:54 PM
Dalton, count me in of course as I wouldn't miss a chance on your lift. When we get a head count let me know and I will figure out some chow to bring. Thanks for doing this, I love Tech Days!
Bill

Luva65wagon
August 31st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Sadly I'll be attending a trade-show the week leading up to that weekend, flying back that day, so I probably won't be able to attend unless they can drop me out of the plane above Smoky Point. But by all means move forward and make this happen. Jerry should try to get his car up there if he can. Maybe someone can help towards that if he can make it.

Sorry I've been absent. Just got back from a much needed, but way too short vacation. Have been back to work only a couple days and it feels like I never left. I'll be glad when this show is behind me.

[AGREE]

Dalton
August 31st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Alright so my address is 425 148th St Ne Arlington WA 98223. I will put up a sign at the end of the driveway to make it very clear where to go. I guess it will be first come first serve on who uses the lift. I believe two or three people want to use it so we will have to be quick.

Luva65wagon
September 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Great Dalton. I will send out a forum newsletter in a week or so about this and the upcoming meeting, which I think we need to have this month. So hopefully we'll have a few people coming up there and final details can be arranged at the meeting.

redfalken
September 1st, 2010, 10:30 PM
I should have my Falcon back together by then and a road trip would be nice! I won't have any projects to do but will be glad to lend a hand.

And I'm looking forward to seeing the shop!

Rustorod
September 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I won't be able to attend the September meeting as will be out of town but am looking forward to Tech Day at Dalton's. What time does it start? Thanks.
Bill

Dalton
September 12th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Im not quite sure what time everybody wants to start but I was thinking that people who want to use the lift should get here at around 9 or earlier.(first come first serve) I probably will be serving tacos at around noonish.

pbrown
September 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I won't be able to make it. I'll be in Port Townsend for the film festival. I'd love to get out there sometime though. Sorry.

redfalken
September 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
TACOS!! I'll be there!

SmithKid
September 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I won't be able to make it to the monthly meeting this coming Wednesday, but am planning to be at the Tech Day at Dalton's. Hope I can help somebody in some way.
Gene

MacDee
September 13th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Alas, I'll be tied up with family activities.
I'll be there in SPIRIT though!

BillP 98201
September 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Thats funny Kenny

Jeff W
September 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Did I miss a post or email? Is there a meeting tomorrow (September 15th) at Burgermaster?

Dalton
September 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Here is the email I recieved from the Webmaster:
Fellow Falcon Owners...
September Meeting
We'll be having a meeting this upcoming Wednesday Sept. 15th at the University Village BurgerMaster. Hope you can make a point to attend. As usual is will begin promptly at 7PM, so if you plan to have supper prior to the meeting, give yourself an extra half-hour to eat so we can begin on-time. If you need to locate it on a map, the address is:
3040 NE 45th St
Seattle, WA 98105
Hope to see you there!
Tech Day @ Dalton's
On Saturday September 25th we'll be having a Tech Day up at Dalton's in the Smoky Point area North of Seattle and Everett. His dad's shop has a lift and this will be a great opportunity for anyone needing to get a look up under their car. The shop is located at:
425 148th St Ne
Arlington WA 98223.
Dalton will put up a sign at the end of the driveway to make it very clear where to go.
It will be first come first serve on who uses the lift. There are already two or three people who want to use it the use will have to be quick so everyone who needs it gets a spot.
If you can make it, be sure to post on the following thread so those who are planning to feed this clutch of Falcons can plan for enough bird-feed.
Thanks - and hope you all have a good time.
Rainier Falcons

Jeff W
September 14th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks Dalton. I'll have to check my profile set-up to see why I'm not getting my email messages. Maybe I let my Club Membership lapse... I'll have to shoot the treasure a renewal check ASAP.

Jeff

Luva65wagon
September 14th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Jeff, I think those emails go to all forum members.

"I'll have to shoot the treasure a renewal check ASAP." :p

redfalken
September 14th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Won't have the Falcon quite ready to drive yet but I'll be there. The engine's running fine but the interiors out now for new carpet and new kick panels with speakers!

Luva65wagon
September 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Say, how'd it go at the tech day? Anybody got anything they can report?

Rustorod
September 29th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Tech day was great. It was Dalton, Bob (Dalton's dad), Kenny and I. I got alot done on the underneath of my car and Dalton made some wonderful tacos. I would like to thank Dalton and Bob for the use of their awesome shop and lift.

Bill

BillP 98201
September 30th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Well I got there late. (thanks to work) Talked to Bob for a bit, and got a tour of the shop. Very nice. I think Dalton was selling his motor as I was leaving.

redfalken
September 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I would LOVE to have all that space and such a nice shop, not to mention the lift!!

Dalton - Did you sell the 170??

Bill - Did the C4 kickdown and speedometer cable work?

And thanks to Dalton for the awesome Mexican food!! We'll have to do it again next summer.

Dalton
September 30th, 2010, 08:53 PM
So here is some pictures of the tech day. Bills car is the one on the lift, kennys the red one, and mine the white one. Theres also a beached whale that we like to call our dog in one of the pictures. I ended up selling my 170 the day after the tech day for asking price.

Rustorod
October 7th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Yeah, Kenny, my speedometer works now! Yaayyy!! Haven't tried kickdown cable yet as that day was first time on freeway for car since I got it. I will check it out and let u know. BTW- thanks for helping. New trans mounts makes it feel more solid and safe too. The use of that lift reaally helped me. Now I only have 999,997 more things to fix on the car. Thanks again, Bill