PDA

View Full Version : Wiper motor Conversion

doghows
August 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Not sure if this is the right spot for this. I am looking for the parts to do the wiper motor swap. I believe the parts are from a 78-79 f150 or Bronco. My choices for salvage yards over here in Sequim are very limited. I was hoping that in many of your guy's travels you might keep an eye out for these parts. I would gladly pay for the parts and some gas money to any one that found them. I only have 2 yards here close and they don't like people to go out into them and look. Any help would be great and thanks. Steve H.

pbrown
August 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
The switch can come from an 80 Ford truck or Bronco. That will give you low, high, variable intermitant, and push button squirter.

The motor can come from any 70s Ford with a 2 speed setup. I bought a rebuilt motor from the local parts store and turned in my vacuum motor and the core. I wonder what the rebuilder thought when they opened that box.

Do you gave a 62 or 63? I forget. 63 is an easy bolt in. A 62 would require a complete under dash bellcrank and arm assembly from a 63-65.

doghows
August 5th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I am looking to put this in my 63 Ranchero and eventually in my 63 Sedan Delivery. The wipers in my Ranchero actually broke off at the part that goes through the cowl. I have spare wipers and bell crank so I guess I just need to fine the motor and switch. Thanks Steve.

EdsFunny
December 2nd, 2010, 02:21 AM
I live in Port Townsend and work during the week in Seattle. If you get a line on one, maybe we can work out a relay across the pond.

doghows
December 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Ed, I will keep you posted if I find one... Thanks Steve