PDA

View Full Version : Falcon wheels

joe demoruelle
September 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
You and your club members are so helpful.... but because the car is in Las Vegas, the distance seems to be too far. I've had to pass on a replacement grille and a rear window crank because of distance from your club. I'm a new Falcon Club of America member and my knowledge is limited, but I'm learning about the car fast. I was looking for stock wheels but custom are OK if I knew what brand to order.

joe demoruelle
October 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
The lug holes on one of my wheels have gotten worn and are not making a good fit. It was suggested that I replace all my wheels, but they are a four lug pattern and having a hard time finding looking for replacements. Can anyone suggest a place to find custom wheels and or replacements ?
Just finished putting in a gas tank on my '65 station wagon. WHEW. Quite a job. Nothing lined up. Had to custom make intake and vent tubes.

doghows
October 29th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Are you looking for stock wheels?? I have plenty of those. Let me know size and for which style hub cap if that is what you are looking for.

61ranch
December 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I just made a reply post to an old thread that I made looking for information on the old wheels as well for mine. I had some steel wheels custom made by a place in California called Early Wheel Company. They came exactly what I ordered, look great, fit great and I was able to up size from the factory 13 to a 15 and still clear the fenders and was even able to lower it down 2" from where it was sitting. Just my 2 cents.

EdsFunny
December 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Sweet! Can they fit the old hubcaps?

61ranch
December 16th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I haven't tried the old hubcaps, I decided to run a set of 40 Ford style hubcaps. A little different than the dog dish caps but I liked the block style Ford lettering in them. I will try to put my dog dishes on and let you know.

61ranch
December 16th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Lets see if this works, I just changed my profile picture to a photo with the wheels and caps on it after I was able to lower it. (and no the wheels are not staying that color, I haven't decided what color I am painting the car)

Jeff W
December 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I like the red... But it's hard to tell what color the car is from the photo, blue?

EdsFunny
December 17th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Cute car. I don't know what's up with the red wheels, but I've got a set.

61ranch
December 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah it is blue and the wheels are just in ruddy brown primer right now. I needed some rolling stock under it and couldn't make up my mind on what color I am painting the car and the wheels so I left them in primer.

61ranch
April 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Sweet! Can they fit the old hubcaps?

Finally, I can say yes, I tried the old caps on mine and they fit just fine.

EdsFunny
May 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Finally, I can say yes, I tried the old caps on mine and they fit just fine.

Excellent. They sound like the folks to go to. Thanks.