PDA

View Full Version : XXX Christmas show 12/5

Luva65wagon
December 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hey all,

Just a reminder about the XXX Christmas show tomorrow at the XXX Drive-in in Issaquah.

Weather promises to be clear and cold - but no rain. It will be only the second show I'll have made it to this year, so I'm looking forward to it. I've cleared the trucks out of the driveway and pre-started the wagon today so I know it's good to go. I will head out of here about 9AM to try to get there around 10AM.

Hope to see a couple Falcons out there.

redfalken
December 4th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'll be there! The Falcon is all cleaned up and I'm looking forward to showing off the work I did this summer.

I'll be at the nearby Starbucks in the Issaquah Commons shopping area (7th & Gilman) a little before 10:00 to get a hot coffee. It's gonna be about 40 degrees and that can really get to you after standing around for a few hours.

And bring something for Santa! He'll be there taking donations for "Toys for Tots".

Jeff W
December 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I didn't make it as a spectator but saw Thor and his blue sedan on I-90 about 3:00. I'm assuming he was on the way back from the show. Hope you all had fun.

Luva65wagon
December 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Pretty decent turn-out. Kenny and I made it early enough to get up front. Thor made it there just about the time Kenny and I finished lunch and were thinking 'it's about time to go' - and that was about 2PM.

There were a couple other Falcons there we didn't recognize. A 64 conv. and a 64/5 (forgot to look at the grill) hardtop with racing hood and a lot of primer in spots. And there was a post-66 which had 2-four small-block. Didn't see the owners of any of these.

redfalken
December 5th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I had a good time. It's always a nice ride out there early on a Sunday when the traffic's light.

The cars seemed to be coming and going all morning so there was always something new to see. And cold but not too bad!

Anyone know anything about the bus pictured? Just wondering if it was the real deal.

melo-yelo
December 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I had a good time. It's always a nice ride out there early on a Sunday when the traffic's light.

The cars seemed to be coming and going all morning so there was always something new to see. And cold but not too bad!

Anyone know anything about the bus pictured? Just wondering if it was the real deal.

From all that I've heard about the bus, it is the real deal. Good talking with you guys yesterday, I've got some ideas now on what to try next on getting the brakes worked out on my wagon.

EdsFunny
December 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Awww, man. Missed another one. That's it - I've got to stop working.