PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft

falcon cobra
March 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hi all.. I need a drive shaft, I am looking for a shaft that is around 2.75" dia. and it needs to be 54" weld to weld, and it don't have to have a yoke on it. does anyone know how long is a shaft from a wagon?....thanks john h

melo-yelo
March 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM
I will measure my 4 door wagon drive shaft in the morning from weld to weld. I'm at work now until 11pm. I'll get the measurement posted as early as I can.

Jeff W
March 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
The wagon drive shaft should be the same as all the other Falcons and Rancheros.

The extra length, bumper to bumper, is behind the rear wheel.

Luva65wagon
March 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Typically you measure drive-lines from center to center of the u-joint holes (easiest to measure outer-most edge of one hole and inner-most edge of the other end). The part you weld into the tube is not always a known length. Welds vary from 1/4 to 1/2" depending on who welds it.

A Falcon hovers around 53" center to center (mine did) and I just checked Kenny's site and his was 53" too. Which from weld to weld would be probably 50" give or take an inch. I'll measure the Ranchero shaft tomorrow to see if it is the same. Suffice it to say, I don't think a Falcon shaft is going to make the cut.

I would hit the Pull-a-Part. Supposed to be nice on Wednesday too. The Arlington yard has nice asphalt parking pads for all the cars. No mud to lie in. Lots of Fords too.

falcon cobra
March 23rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Well I will tell you what I need the drive line for, it's my barn find 51 ford truck, although it's not a falcon it does have falcon swing pedals in it, I installed a TCI mustang ll front end, a TCI rear spring kit with a 9" 3.25 ford diff. a 2.3 fuel injected turbo with intercooler, and a T-5, and all I need is to make a drive shaft to get on the road.. roger where is the yard in arlington ? I have never been there...thanks john h

melo-yelo
March 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
My 4 door wagon with cruise o matic measures 49.25" from weld to weld.

falcon cobra
March 23rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks melo, for that.. are you the falcon guy that had the picnic,car show, repair day we had about eight years ago down in renton??:rocker:

melo-yelo
March 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
No was not me. I've not been able to get to involved with the club, but I hope to change that. I just sent in my paperwork to the FCA to join up again, then I'll join the Rainier Chapter as soon as I get my FCA number.

Luva65wagon
March 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Where is the yard in arlington ? I have never been there.

Pick-a-Part
6323 172nd St.
Arlington, WA 98223.

Right next to the Arlington airport.