PDA

View Full Version : Shoreline Car Show 7/31

BPVan
July 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I see this one is coming up on the 31st and have not seen any chatter about it. I have never been, is anyone participating? Spectating? Boycotting?

The day of show registration ($20.11) is less than a dollar more than if you pre-register ($19.39) :confused:. Motorcycles get $3 savings (Jeff you could save $12! :p).

doghows
July 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Those are some strange entry fee's? Where is it at. Maybe I can bring the ratchero over??

BPVan
July 14th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I was going off of the flyer I got at the Ford Picnic as well as the show calendar Kenny posted which have the date wrong, its actually 8/1. Here are some links:

http://www.shorelineschools.org/news/release.php?releasesid=1054
http://shoreline.komonews.com/content/classic-car-show-august-1

Since it is only the 2nd one I imagine it is still grassroots style as opposed to the Greenwood show.

Luva65wagon
July 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I might try to make that. It might be the day I pull the wagon out of storage and move it back home. Hoping for that anyway...

I agree, really odd entry fees. I may bring exact change. :D

Kelly
July 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I went to it last year with the the Aladdin trailer. They gave me a plaque for best in class / station wagon. There were about 225 vehicles and if I remember correctly, not any vendors. On this year's poster for the show is a small picture of the car and trailer with the band, The Fabulous Hammers, by it. Much smaller event than Greenwood, but a lot of fun.

MacDee
July 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm takin' Freddie to this one. Any excuse to take her out, now that she's running better!

doghows
July 29th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Is that this Sunday??? Crap I'm not ready yet... When is the next one everyone might be going to?? I'd like to get the Ratchero over sometime this year...:3g:

Luva65wagon
July 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm going to be there, but we are thinking about putting together a cruise soon. We talked about it anyway. So sometime in August for sure.

Luva65wagon
July 31st, 2011, 09:44 AM
...that I didn't make it out there, but I woke up to a steady, heavy, drizzle here. I headed out anyway to the storage unit just to see if the weather even remotely appeared as though it was going to break soon. I had to have my wipers on full slow the entire way and there was no sign of breaks in the sky. So, I have more important things I should do than stand in the rain today.

Sorry JP. I hope you understand.

BadBird
July 31st, 2011, 02:50 PM
After spending the whole day a couple of weeks ago at the Mill Creek show in the rain I wasn't excited at all about doing it again. So, didn't make the trip. The weather is turning a lot better now so hope some of you had a good day. Larry

falcon cobra
July 31st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Well I didn't make it either, but did go to the kirkland show, there was only 1 falcon there cause I took my truck otherwise there would have been 2, this picture is for jeff, do you have a boat?....jh

MacDee
July 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah it rained. Until about 1:30!
Kelley was there with his rig, and, besides he and I, there was one other Falcon there, a '63 with the Thunderbird top. It belonged to the event photographer, who, as it turned out, is a Boeing employee that I recognized. I gave her a invite-to-join card.
I also ran into another familiar Boeing employee. It's the guy that installs the 747 freighter crew access ladder... which I designed! He has a really nice '59 Buick which won the award for Best '56-'59 Sedan.
So yeah, I got wet, but I also had a really great time!

Jeff W
August 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Well I didn't make it either, but did go to the kirkland show, there was only 1 falcon there cause I took my truck otherwise there would have been 2, this picture is for jeff, do you have a boat?....jh

I don't have a boat. Would you settle for a washtub? Nice dual outboards.