PDA

View Full Version : Regulator

BadBird
July 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I am in need of the regulator that goes on the back of the instrument cluster that wires to the fuel gauge. If anyone has an extra sitting around I would like to buy it. Thanks Larry

modified17
July 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Dearborn has them new but they are 40.00. If I get a chance in the next day or two I'll dig through all my old stuff and see if I have one buried somewhere.

falcon cobra
July 16th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I have one you can have, come and get it.. I"am in kirkland...john h

BadBird
July 16th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks John, will you be coming to the meeting on Wednesday? If so can you bring it then. Thanks again. Larry

Jeff W
July 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
There is a guy on ebay that sells a solid state version of it. $30 shipped.

Just search for "Falcon voltage regulator"

I'm fine with the old style as it has worked for 40 years... but I know you are not concerned about originality and me be interested in new technology.

falcon cobra
July 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
If that is what the book says it is, a fixed voltage regulator I can make one for about two dollars , can someone measure the voltage that comes out of it, I don't have one in my falcon anymore. welcome to the thieves wharehouse..30.00 40.00 or what ever they can get....john h

BadBird
July 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I can't since miine isn't working. I found somewhere on the web that the voltage to the fuel gauge pulsates?? Don't know anything about it. I did find one on the internet for $25.00 and that sure is a rip off for what the part is. I am going to take the old one apart and see what makes it tick. If I can I will post some pics of the internals. Larry

Luva65wagon
July 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I may have a spare - or two. I'll look tomorrow to see what I have. I'm certainly going to be at the meeting. :)

BadBird
July 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM
If anyone found an extra setting around that you don't need please bring it to the meeting tonight. Thanks Larry aka badbird

doghows
July 20th, 2011, 12:33 PM
If one doesn't show up, let me know. I have at least 3 sitting at home. I will keep them on standby.

Luva65wagon
July 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Larry -
I keep forgetting to crawl up in the rafters to look at my pile of wires and instrument clusters, but if after the meeting you can stop by for 5 minutes, I'll probably have one you can have. I won't be going home from work before the meeting to bring anything to the meeting.