PDA

View Full Version : 4X4 Ranchero???

doghows
August 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Has anyone ever seen a 4 wheel drive Ranchero?? My friend told me he saw one and thinks I should make the Ratchero into one?? Sounds interesting but would I be shunned by the Falcon community for doing it???:confused:

melo-yelo
August 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen 4x4 elcamino's and a 4x4 Dodge Caravan even a VW bug body mounted on a Chevy blazer frame. I've seen a Falcon Van mounted to a Ford Dually 4x4 frame, it was not pretty and I don't know how safe it was, seems like about 2 feet had been cut from the middle of the frame. You own the ranchero, I say do what you want with it. [thumb]

Luva65wagon
August 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
As long as I can go for a ride in it - I say go find a Ranger 4x4 cheap (they are out there) and do it. A Ratby4chero.

doghows
August 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I think it will be worth a look. Maybe a Bronco II? I will need to measure some up for width and wheel base. Hmmm a Ratby4chero?? I like it.:BEER:

Luva65wagon
August 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Like this:

doghows
August 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
You find pictures of the damdest stuff. Like that just not as tall. It will be weird enough without having to be 60 feet tall. But I like!!

61ranch
August 8th, 2011, 08:54 AM
You know, I never thought about doing something like this until now. These cars kinda have to grow on you anyways since they aren't your standard Mustang or Camaro anyways so why not, I think it would be cool. And you can pick up Bronco 2's cheap as well as a later Explorer. Possibilities..................................

doghows
August 25th, 2011, 12:08 PM
So it looks like I need to find a standard cab ranger, or 4 door explorer. Those have the closest wheelbase. About 1" difference. So I am looking for cheap or free. No sense in dumping a ton of money into my barn car at this point... Body can be trash all I need is the undercarriage. Let the fun begin!!!:banana:

BillP 98201
August 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
You cant do bodywork and build rat4cheros at the same time.....lol hmmm FDD.
Falcon deficet disorder

SmithKid
December 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Steve, this might be the easier route to a 4x4 Falcon. Everything should just bolt on.
http://blog.cjponyparts.com/2011/12/for-sale-1965-mustang-with-4wd/