PDA

View Full Version : The Doghows motor lives!

EdsFunny
August 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
The original two hundred bucks has gone up about 15 fold, but...
I'm done with the 302, with the exception of an oil filter, a fuel pump, and a carburetor. She's a full roller motor now, with 2" and 1.6" valves. Now I'm waiting for the bell housing and some epiphany as to how to get headers down that little tunnel...

BillP 98201
August 15th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Looks great Ed! :rocker:

doghows
August 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
OK now I want it back.. I will trade you another 289 and all the powder coating you could want for it?:D Looks awesome what kind of powder do you think it has??:3g: and which car is it going in?

Luva65wagon
August 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
So that's what $3000 looks like! Looks awesome. All these guys with motors lately - makes me antsy to start working on mine!

SmithKid
August 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I'm drooling!

EdsFunny
August 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
There's going to be some powder coat in the future, all right. Homemade headers, I think. I'm guessing 350-400 horses, depending on how well I can get it to breathe.
( edit ) I thought I'd throw in what it looked like when it arrived in the garage...

falcon cobra
August 16th, 2011, 12:35 PM
That shop is to clean, hope you didn't take it apart in there. what kind of cam are you using?, and tell us about the heads. thanks john h:rocker:

EdsFunny
August 17th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Painted floor. Easy to wipe up, but it's a bit scary pulling a bike in with wet tires. I can find stuff I drop, though.
The heads are aluminum Patriot Freedoms, 2.02" intake, 1.6" exhaust. 185cc intake runners, 70cc combustion. The intake manifold is an aluminum Edelbrock RPM with some fiddling done to make the plenum match exactly. I think I'm going to go with a smaller Holley carb and a manual choke.
I'm not smart about the fuel pump yet - I think a 140 gpm pump is going to have too much pressure ( the blurbs say 7.5 psi ), and I think an 80 gpm will work fine. Any opinions?

EdsFunny
August 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Well, I can make you a great deal on a tired 260 and Dagenham 4 speed...
I'm going to have to get some coating done, though. Count on it.

falcon cobra
August 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
As I ask, what kind of cam? and do you have roller rockers...thanks

EdsFunny
August 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
As I ask, what kind of cam? and do you have roller rockers...thanks

It's a relatively mild custom cam. Believe it or not, I'm trying for some kind of reasonable gas mileage. It's a full roller motor. I had the machine shop drill and tap for me, as it was an original 302. ( You'd have to ask our esteemed Sequim member what car it came out of - I forgot. At this rate, parts out of his shop will be represented in all club vehicles.)