PDA

View Full Version : RainierFalcons.com wishlist

pbrown
May 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hey All,

I'd like to get some feedback on what you like or dislike about this website. I would also like to know what features you would like to see. I, for one, would like to have a photo gallery and a nice collection of technical articles.

Luva65wagon
June 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Pat,

It would be nice to have a "Stay logged in unless I log out" feature. I was working on a post a week or so ago and was detailing some work I was doing and it took a little while to finish (I didn't count the minutes, but it was a few) and when I posted it said I needed to log-in and I lost the post. P155ED me off, so I never reposted the thing. Had put too much work into it. Why do we have a time-out anyway? I can see it on a banking site, but here? If this can be altered, I'd vote for that change.

pbrown
June 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
There is a checkbox seen during login named "Remember Me". Check that box and you won't have trouble. If by chance you still do, check the cookie settings.

pbrown
June 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I changed the session timeout from 15 minutes (the default) to 60 minutes for those that don't want to use the Remember Me option.

Luva65wagon
June 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Patrick,

I knew about the "remember me" feature, but I thought that only had to do with initial log-ins. We have the same feature, but we don't use time-outs on my forum, so I never set it to see if it had that effect. 60-minute time-out would have been enough for me on the one post I lost though, so thanks for that.

Sedanman
June 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Patrick,

How about a "help needed" section for those who have projects on thier car they need help with? I know that can be covered in the tech section or events, but it's just a thought.

As for posting tech articles, I loaned Roger some old early 60's Road and Tracks with road tests and tech articles on early Falcons and Comets. I don't know if those could be scanned and posted here or not (as far as copywrights are concerned). I have another issue about the rally falcons - not the same one I've seen other places.

Jeff W
June 25th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Pat, The Forum is 104 times better than the email chain. It is so easy to use the search function to find something that I "kind or remember" reading.

Now that we have a checking account it would be great to have a Pay Pal link to pay our pending Dues. Maybe the Falcon Club of America can take our lead and set-up an online pay. I have to keep my checkbook around just to pay my for FCA dues.

Tech articles woudl be great or at least links to other chapters tech articles. A one stop shop would really cut down on the search time.

Thanks for all you and Kenny due maintaining this site.

Jeff

pbrown
June 25th, 2007, 10:44 PM
We will be adding a PayPal payment system soon. I'll work with the prez and treasurer to get this going ;).

I like the tech articles idea. I'd love to see some of the more common projects documented.

Big Stuff:
Ford-O to C4 Swap
Disk Brakes
Engine Rebuild

Small Stuff:
Ignition Tuning and Fundamentals
Wide-Band O-2 carburetor tuning
Car Show Detailing
Dual Circuit Brake Master Swap
Vacuum to Electric Wipers
Electric Ignition Installation (Pertronic Ignitor and Duraspark II)
Mechanical Brake Light Switch

Jeff W
July 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Pat, the "Recent Threads" on the front page is a great idea. Nice work.

redfalken
July 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I agree. It makes it really easy to see if there's something new since the last time I visited.

I think it also emphasizes to new visitors that there's a forum where people chat.