PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 4 10th Annual Jingle Bell Cruz/Toys for Tots

Jeff W
October 17th, 2011, 07:39 PM
XXX Root Beer - December 4th, 2011 - Sunday.

http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/

redfalken
November 9th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hard to believe this is less than a month away! Thought I should resurrect this thread. Especially since I don't remember seeing it the first time.

I'll be there! With a donation to the toy drive. This is usually a good show if it's dry out. Not much else going on in December to compete with.

So mark you calendars and watch the weather report.

Luva65wagon
November 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
If the weather is reasonable - I'll be one of the three wise-Falcons again.

doghows
November 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Weather permitting I am driving over. Should be in a 65. Might be a Ranchero or my buddy's Galaxie..
Do they just want new unopened toys for registration??

SmithKid
November 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
What time do you usually go?

redfalken
November 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
This one's a late starter! It officially starts at noon. I always swing into the Starbucks off Gilman in Issaquah Commons around 11:30 for a warm beverage and then off to the show.

If you want a dash plaque, and that holiday feeling, bring as many new toys as you can. Santa is usually inside taking donations. He'll take cash too. I believe it's for the U.S. Marines Toys for Tots.

redfalken
November 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hey! So far the forecast for Sunday is mostly sunny!! Let's hope they're right.

I put on new tie rod ends, a center link, and idler arm and will drop the Falcon off tomorrow for an alignment. With all new steering parts and a freshly rebuilt steering box, the steering has really tightened up. Huge difference!!!

Hope to see as many Falcons as possible out there!

Luva65wagon
November 28th, 2011, 01:59 PM
It is nice, now that I look, to see more suns on my iPhone weather app than perpetual rain. Fingers crossed it isn't lying to me now and we have a sun showing on Sunday. Cloudy is fine too.... makes for good picture taking. [thumb]

MacDee
November 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'll be there.
In fact, if the weather's not too bad, I might even bring Freddie!

(Heater core is on her Christmas list...)

Luva65wagon
November 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Gary - you have a heater core already? I have a few laying around including one new one. Used are free and the new one... say 30% off new pricing?

MacDee
November 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Gary - you have a heater core already? I have a few laying around including one new one. Used are free and the new one... say 30% off new pricing?
Cool!
Say, I have this carburetor out on my shelf. I'll trade ya... no, wait... that carb is yours already!

I'm going to try to remember to bring your carb to the XXX.

Luva65wagon
November 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cool!
Say, I have this carburetor out on my shelf. I'll trade ya... no, wait... that carb is yours already!

I'm going to try to remember to bring your carb to the XXX.

Cool... you want the one I have (new or used?) and I should bring one to the XXX... or cool, I have stuff, in general?

64SprintV8
November 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I think it is safe to assume that Toys for Tots probably won't accept my old 5-lug front drums or my old centerlines as suitable gifts. What are the appropriate toys (for the tots) that are acceptable? I was thinking Hot Wheels packs might be nice and a car theme to boot. Other ideas?

redfalken
November 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I think with the huge amount of toys they get, whatever you donate will be put to good use. Can be for a girl, boy, infant, toddler, whatever. Just new and not wrapped. The classics like Hot Wheels are always a good bet!

MacDee
December 1st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cool... you want the one I have (new or used?) and I should bring one to the XXX... or cool, I have stuff, in general?
Cool, I want the new heater core you have. I was just joking about trading your carburetor for your heater core...:p

Thanks, Roger!

Luva65wagon
December 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
I guessed that... ;)

OK, a new heater core from FalconParts.com is $55 so 30% off is ~$40 if you deduct what you'd pay for shipping and I'm delivering it - so how's that.

There are, in fact, two types; a 2" and a 2.5". The new one I have is, I think, a 2" version (I'll check again tonight). It will work, but you need to use shims on one side to take up the 1/2". For a while you couldn't get the 2.5" version and so - of the 3 I have rebuilt so far - they all had the 2" version installed. I use fan-folded cardboard to shim it. It really only needs to not rattle around in there.

Jay Baker
December 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm a-coming. Just can't decide yet which of my two Falcons to drive --- "Tropical Turquoise" or "Testa Rosa" ("red head," a Ferrari name). I'll aim to be there about 11:30. Jay B

MacDee
December 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
OK, a new heater core from FalconParts.com is $55 so 30% off is ~$40 if you deduct what you'd pay for shipping and I'm delivering it - so how's that.

Groovy!

See you Sunday.

Luva65wagon
December 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Groovy!

Far out then, man. :BEER: