PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum with my 64 Sprint

64SprintV8
November 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Rescued mine in June of this year. It had last been licensed in 2006 and had been sitting outside detoriating exponentially as I passed by every week/month. I finally stopped by and knocked on the door and said "Your killing me man. What's up with the Falcon?" I bought it 5 days later and so it begins...

Here is the chronology of progress so far.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=ce56b7799e1791cf&page=play&resid=CE56B7799E1791CF!163

doghows
November 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Very nice. It is good to see one rescued from neglect. Hope to see you at a meeting or some shows this spring... That is if I ever finish or keep a car for more that 6 months???:ROTFLMAO:

falcon cobra
November 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Hi there, what a nice find, where do you live in redmond? I am in kirkland...jh:BEER:

64SprintV8
November 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM
English Hill - between 124th and 116th - where are you in Kirkland?

falcon cobra
November 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I know where that is! we had the place on the corner of ne 116 & 162 ne, but now in kirkland,my freind pete lived just around the corner from 172ne...jh

BillP 98201
November 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Very nice Sprint....... love those wheels........ did you say it was neglected?
What motor does it have in it? Welcome to the club! :BEER:

64SprintV8
November 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. It was originally 1 of 3,829 Sprints with a 260V8, ford-o-matic, and a bench seat. Now has a fresh 289 w/ C4, and buckets/console. The freshly built motor only had around 200 miles on it when it was parked and then routinely started.

I say neglected because of the following:

Pic #1 - It never moved from that spot for 5 yrs and was not covered. See the grimey river of moss, mildew, dust, pollen, pitch, and poop on the trunk deck.

Pic #2 - Notice the rotted windshield wiper blade and more moss. But you can't see the bees living in the trunk. :WHATTHE:

Pic #3 - The new carpet was moist/ruined and the new door panels had warped due to the increased humidity and being left in the weather for 5+ years.

(Not a slam on the previous owner, there is a background story as to why this happened that I will share at a future meeting or car show.)

From where she was to where she is right now only took me about 3 months and a lot of elbow grease. I still have some things in mind to do to her but I like the old school look she has right now.:cool:

The chronology from then to now is in my original post if you are interested.

Luva65wagon
November 18th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Awesome find. You've done a great job cleaning it up. And welcome!

64SprintV8
November 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks. Looks like we have a good "Eastside" contingent here. Pretty close to RedHook Brewery too.:BEER:

MacDee
November 19th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Is this the car I'd seen parked on 171 Ave NE in Redmond? We had a co-driver in our vanpool who lived up the street from a Sprint, maybe this one, sitting in the driveway, usually on flat tires! It pained me to see it sitting there neglected, but I already had my "project". The last time I saw it was probably a couple of years ago.

You've done a beautiful job! Congratulations!

64SprintV8
November 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks MacDee. That's the one. Usually only 2 of the tires were flat though.:o