PDA

View Full Version : New Shelby bling for my Sprint

64SprintV8
December 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Picked up some Stewart Warner Green Line gauges to put in my Sprint. These are the same ones that came in the Shelby Mustangs. I figured since I'll never own a Shelby I can at least have the gauges :) and since the Falcon Sprint was the basis for the Shelby it will be a reminder of that heritage and DNA. Plus they look pretty cool IMHO.[thumb]

redfalken
December 18th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Nice! I've got a vintage set of mechanical SW gauges but just the black with white numbers & needle. How/where do you plan on mounting them?

Are they still making these or did you get them off eBay? Here's a nice green line tach. A little pricey for me but way cool!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300635212926

64SprintV8
December 18th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Yep, these are the originals I picked them up from a collector on the east coast. They do sell the reproduction ones that they brought back in 2006 - for about $100 a piece for the 2 1/16th ones. I figured I might as well get the real deal for about the same cash outlay.

For mounting I have a 3 gauge low profile pod that I will put them in on the dash on the radio speaker grille since I have the AC under dash. As to the tach I saw that tach on ebay too. I was offered one with sender for the same price but thought it was a bit too pricey as well. I am still working on that deal. Maybe after X-Mas :)

Here's the mock up and what it will look like when the gauges are hooked up.

Luva65wagon
December 18th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Wow - the new gold is green! They are nice.

[AGREE]