PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dash Opinions Wanted

pbrown
January 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I planning to do some dash upgrades soon. I have my options narrowed down to these three. I'll be using the stock 62 dash bezel. I already have the carbon fiber insert for the combo speedo/tachometer plus four smaller gauges.

The dash will be painted Ford Sandshell Beige to match the body color. The interior upholstery is already two tone beige and burgundy.

What do you think of these options?

white text on burgundy faces
http://www.rainierfalcons.com/gallery/data/500/medium/White_on_Burg.JPG

burgundy text on white faces
http://www.rainierfalcons.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Burg_on_White.JPG (http://www.rainierfalcons.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/162)

burgundy text on beige faces
http://www.rainierfalcons.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Burg_on_Beige.JPG (http://www.rainierfalcons.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/161)

redfalken
January 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Hey Pat,

With your interior I like the beige with burgundy text. You should post a shot of your interior for those not familiar with it.

falcon cobra
January 26th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Patrick, I would go for the beige also, I did the white in mine, and I think there was only black & white ones then, about 8 years ago. not sure why my wheel looks orange, it's rangoon red....jh:rocker:

doghows
January 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Likin the beige with Burgundy as well. The white looks to hospitaly, while the beige looks more antiquey.. Pardon my spelling...

Luva65wagon
January 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Patrick, I would go for the beige also...

Is that a Buick or is that a Falcon? :confused:

Nathan289
January 26th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I third, the beige and burgandy gauges.

The white wouldn't match anything in the car.
The burgandy and white although cool would grow old.. too much red.
The beige and burgandy as long as they don't clash with the colors you already have would be a great touch..

Are you doing anything else in carbon fiber??

Nathan

SmithKid
January 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Beige/Burgandy for sure.

Luva65wagon
January 26th, 2012, 11:01 AM
My only concern for you Patrick (though I did vote the same as everyone else) is that they only go up to 120 MPH. :D

falcon cobra
January 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Like the add use to say " wouldn't you rather drive a buick ? " it's my $10.00 wheel from the pick n pull... now it's half GM & half ford, I almost got a 427 small block c**v dart motor from a buddy. but it was not cheep...jh

Luva65wagon
January 26th, 2012, 01:25 PM
" wouldn't you rather drive a buick ? "

Well, if it was a GS with a 455, maybe. Or a Grand National, perhaps. But then I would give it back to its owner.
:D

OK, who broke rank and voted Burgandy on White? :p

doghows
January 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I would really like to see how this turns out Patrick. Might be a cool option to do on the delivery?? I would use different colors how ever..[thumb]

falcon cobra
January 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Ok patrick which one do you like? Oh Oh roger do you think this is the other vote ? ..jh:WHATTHE:

BadBird
January 26th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I guess I will be different. I like the burngdy text on the white faces. It just looks faster and your car definitely doesn't look antiquish. You have made so many fantastic upgrades and with your interior I think these would stand out. Now I will tell you, I am color blind. So that makes my opinion even stranger I guess. Badbird, Larry

BillP 98201
January 26th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I like #3 too!

pbrown
January 26th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I haven't voted. I'll call AutoMeter and see if they can create the face for the burgundy on beige. That would look cool if the colors match. The only carbon fiber will be the dash insert. The metal part of my dash will be Sandshell Beige. The dash pad is already burgundy.

I'm also thinking about welding up the ash tray and radio holes to smooth out the dash. This is still open for debate.

You can play around with different gauge options here:
https://www.ampcustomshop.com

Falcon1
January 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I like number three also.

Nathan289
January 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM
In my humble opinion, I think any of the gauges would look good.
I'm kinda thinking the carbon fiber insert will look out of place, but you won't see much of it with five gauges installed. I'm probably wrong, but it was just a thought

I think the white faces or beige faces will be easier to see at night.

Before filling the ash tray or radio holes is there any accessory or gauges you could mold into those openings? Like turn the ash tray hole into an ipod dock or what ever?

Nathan

BillP 98201
January 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thats a good idea Nathan!

Jeff W
January 27th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I think you should weld up ALL of the holes on the dash and install a full on Heads Up Display out of a new BMW.:banana:

Nathan289
January 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Pop out cup holders..

In dash navigation??

Boost gauge, trans temp, or any other gauage molded into the radio spot?

Nobody makes a clock anymore.. find a cool old in dash falcon clock..

Nathan

falcon cobra
February 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hey patrick what did you ever deside about the gages? will they make the color you want...by the way what did you do with the carb you had on your car befor the EFI? ....jh:3g:

pbrown
February 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm planning to go with the beige gauges. I'm not going to order them until I get back from a vacation. This will be sometime near the end of March.

I still have the carb. It's on a shelf in the garage.

falcon cobra
February 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Patrick what kind of carb is it, and what is the cfm? and is it for sale? the summit carb I got 3 years ago I just put it back on my falcon and it still has a flat spot in it, and the fuel boils in the bowl when I put it in the garage and really reeks with gas fumes...just great ah. it's quicker than the Q-jet but it's a real pain in the butt:confused:. thanks..jh

pbrown
February 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Patrick what kind of carb is it, and what is the cfm? and is it for sale? the summit carb I got 3 years ago I just put it back on my falcon and it still has a flat spot in it, and the fuel boils in the bowl when I put it in the garage and really reeks with gas fumes...just great ah. it's quicker than the Q-jet but it's a real pain in the butt:confused:. thanks..jh

It is a BG Road Demon with some mods.

1) I upgraded the vacuum secondary pod to the version that comes with the Speed Demon VE so springs can be swapped easily.

2) The idle air bleeds and high speed air bleeds have been drilled and tapped so they are now adjustable.

3) The whole carb was torn down, cleaned, and rebuilt with the red non-stick gaskets. These carbs have had some bad press due to some QA/QC problems. I just wanted to make sure everything was perfect. The new gaskets are reusable for easy jet changes. I have a complete set of jets.

The CFM is 625 advertized but these usually flow more that stated.

The carb is not for sale at this time.

pbrown
September 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Here is the finished gauge cluster.

redfalken
September 9th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I've seen it up close and it really looks nice. The cream face, burgundy trim, and chrome rings look really sharp with the rest of your interior scheme.

Good job!

doghows
September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Nice you going to the mini with the car??

pbrown
September 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Nice you going to the mini with the car??

Yes I am.:banana: