PDA

View Full Version : Tech Day Scheduled 2-25-2012

Luva65wagon
January 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hey all-

Bill Williams would like to host a tech day at his place on the 25th of February. He's going to be pulling the motor out of his 65 hardtop. He's got a lot of room on his newly poured slab, which is covered and screened in against the weather. There's room for other people too to come and do something on their car with the help of others.

Bill will need to fill in the fine details of address and time. It was mentioned that he was going to supply food and drinks.

Hope you can make it.

SmithKid
February 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Count me in.

doghows
February 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
I will start planning. If weather holds I will give it a try. Fingers crossed..

falcon cobra
February 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM
So where in this world of falcons does bill live in? If it's not to far I would like to help also....jh:BEER:

Rustorod
February 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Yes everyone is invited to my house on the 25th of Feb for a tech day. I live in the Silver Lake area of South Everett. My address is ;
3200 118th Pl. SE
Everett WA 98208
Its the 128th St exit off I-5 , head east to Bothell-Everett hiway (also called 19th ) then North (left) on 19th to 116th, right on 116th, go about 1 mile, then right on 31st , take a left on 118th and my house is first driveway on the right.

I was thinking of a 9:00am start time. And yes I will provide food and drinks (hope sandwiches,chips and sodas are okay with everyone). See you here! My cell # is (206) 391-6604 in case anyone gets lost. Bill

Nathan289
February 2nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Darn it... I won't be over to the darkside till Sunday night..

I'll catch ya all at the march meeting for sure...

Have fun... guys

Nathan

doghows
February 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
If I can make this one do I need to bring any cutting tools??:D I have a new blue tip wrench I am dying to use...
Just Kidding your cars are much nicer than the junk I work with over here. I will just try to drive a falcon this time. Fingers crossed.[thumb]

BadBird
February 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I can't make it. I have to go to Tucson for the next three months and get the moss removed from the backside of my body. You know I would rather stay here and help, but. Anyway, have a good time and take care. See you at the next meeting in June. Badbird, Larry

BPVan
February 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I will be there as well. Post any extra tools you may need, I'm sure we have anything you can think of among us.

Luva65wagon
February 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Just pinging this thread. Let us know if you can make it to the tech day this weekend. Bill has helped at just about every tech day we've had so far, so let's return in-kind and help him out and get his motor pulled and on the engine stand.

:rocker:

[AGREE]

:BEER:

BillP 98201
February 21st, 2012, 07:10 AM
I'll be there to help. Count me in!

Jim Jarriel
February 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hey, very close to my house, I'd love to attend. I look forward to meeting everyone and help if I can or just observe.

redfalken
February 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
I posted a short notice on our Facebook page with a link to this thread. That's where Jim saw it so it must be working!

I'm still hoping to come up for a few hours but have an unexpected house guest so I'm playing it by ear for now...

SmithKid
February 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Bring your house-guest along & we'll shove some wrenches in his/her hand.

redfalken
February 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
It's my M-I-L who's idea of fixing a courtesy light that won't go off is to reach under the dash and start yanking wires until it does go off! :WHATTHE:

Trust me...you DO NOT want her wrenching anything!! If nothing else I'll come up to get a little peace & quiet!

SmithKid
February 21st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Oops! My mistake!

Luva65wagon
February 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
It's my M-I-L... If nothing else I'll come up to get a little peace & quiet!

Yeah, she's coming to hang out with Jessica anyway. You'd just be getting in the way... :p

Rustorod
February 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing everybody on tech day!!! Come whenever works for you, I will be shooting for a 0900 start!! I will have coffee and donuts ready in the morning and lunch later in the day. See you here, Bill. :banana:

doghows
February 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Looking a little doubtful for me. Got slammed at work and after having a slow summer (very slow) I need to grab all the work I can now. I will bust my butt today and tomorrow and see where I am at. Fingers crossed...:cool:

SmithKid
February 23rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
That's a bummer! Who we gonna get to run the SawZall?

BillP 98201
February 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Gene hes gonna have to bring over another Ranchero over, and give us lessons!

Luva65wagon
February 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
He's an artist. [BOW]

doghows
February 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM
You're making me blush... Off to work!

Luva65wagon
February 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
It was a pretty decent day out there today at Bill's place as we attacked his 65 hartop (sans sawzall) and yanked the motor and tranny. Went pretty well. Weather was pretty cooperative. Bill looked happy. We had a great feast too!

Thanks to all of you who show'd up (Bill Proctor, Gene Smith, Jay Baker, Bill's friend Dennis - and a brief visit from Kenny and Jeff to deliver the chains for the leveler - and me of course) Bill can now move forward on his project, which as best we could surmise is to get a new motor, a swap over from an automatic to a 4 speed, from power steering to manual steering,.. and a few other things while he's at it.... I'm sure.

[thumb]

Bill, looking forward to seeing daily progress reports!

SmithKid
February 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Here's a few pics of the crew and results at Bill's place today.

redfalken
February 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Hey, that lunch looks pretty good. We should have stuck around and actually did something!! I bet Bill's happy to get the engine into the garage area where it was nice and warm.

Jeff W
February 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
... and let's not forget to get Bill those fittings for the dual MC upgrade.

Rustorod
February 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
A huge Thank You(!) to all who participated in the removal of my tired old gutless motor as well as those who stopped by for moral support. It would appear as tho the dreaded W--- disease is highly contagious as my Work/Want list has now doubled. I Reeally appreciate all the help! My plan is to use any good parts off my old motor and add them to my bargain basement shortblock along with a toploader 4 speed I have ( I must say those crate motors are looking better and better- but what fun would that be). I'm still looking for the Z-bar and linkage so if anyone has any leads please pass on the info. I will try to keep my frantic phone calls to a minimum. Thanks again, Bill [yay]

doghows
February 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Looks like a good time, cold but good. I ended up working all day Saturday and half a day Sunday at my shop. Oh well gotta work when the work is plentiful.
Bill if you have any steering stuff you might want to sell off, let me know I am going to need some pieces for my delivery soon. Thanks.

P.S. I do barter work as well....

Anyway nice job on the removal guys...[thumb]

doghows
April 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Bill tried to send a PM but your box is full.... Roger is making a trip over on Saturday and wanted to see if you needed your parts done yet?? Let me know thanks Steve..

Rustorod
April 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
ok, I just deleted my mailbox. thanks. I have most of the power steering parts off the car,one more piece to go. will be ready by saturday for sure. I will contact Roger. I will give him the steering parts for you and a few pieces for powder coating. thanks.

Luva65wagon
April 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Bill, as I texted you, bring them over tomorrow evening after 6PM. If I'm not home yet for whatever reason, just pile it all in front of the small door heading into the garage and I'll load it into the Ranchero when I get home. Be sure to indicate what is for Steve and what is for powder coating.

Same goes for anyone else wanting me to haul something over to Steve on Saturday. It'll have to fit in my Ranchero bed with the tonneau cover DOWN.

pbrown
April 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I'll be making a run to Sequim sometime next week for work. I'll be able to pick things up if needed.

Luva65wagon
April 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'll be bringing a couple things too, so if Steve has them done when you go there Patrick, that'll be great if you can bring stuff back.

No stress on you Steve, don't think you have to rush my stuff. And I suspect Bill has a ways to go before he'll be putting stuff back on - but he'll have to communicate that to you as to his schedule.

BPVan
April 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I have a few things that need to go over as well. And same thing, no rush on Steve's part. I'll see you around 6.

Luva65wagon
April 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't here when you guys showed up - got tied up in a photo shoot. I have all of your stuff loaded and ready to go. Please be sure to communicate to Steve what's what - if you haven't already.

doghows
April 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
All parts are here at the shop.
Brian, I think I remember you wanting those parts a semi-gloss black?
Bill, yours are labeled but I have several silver gray colors. Do you want metallic or no metallic?
I will get them cleaned up in the next day or so and coated by the end of the week. I will post when they are ready for pick up.
Thanks Steve...