PDA

View Full Version : New Member

philnlucky
February 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Hi, reporting here from Northern Washington State.

I saw the site, seems to have a bunch of local info.

I got a few cars, a 64 Futura, 64 Cyclone and 65 Cyclone and some spare parts. .

My current build is a real 65 Cyclone, 289 dual 4 barrels, 4 speed and a 9 inch.

Phil
Soon to be FCA member.

Jeff W
February 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome. Burlington isn't too far north. Hope you can make it down to a show or tech day this summer. Thanks for including the picture. I don't want to alarm you, but a previous owner may have installed the incorrect springs. It looks like it's sitting a bit high:)

dans1957falcon
February 15th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cool looking car you have there,I also have a "c" word 350 running duel quad's 3 inch exhaust ratchet shifted 411 rear gears in a 4000lb truck got to love speed and with the 3inch noise.Now if it were only a ford "f" word I could drop it into the 65 falcon and pick up a few second's but that's not an option at this point.
great car.

philnlucky
February 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Probably should have noted, its a dealer installed dual 4 barrel, and its still sitting on the engine stand, hence the high stance. :banana:

Also, my rear tire offset is wrong, I am running the 1970-71 14"x7" Cyclone ralleys, which were off an older Fairlane I had.

P

Luva65wagon
February 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Phil,

Very nice car. So it was a factory installed dual 4-barrel and you are rebuilding it at the moment? What other things had the factory added? I wouldn't think they'd just throw dual 4's and leave the bottom-end alone.

So I assume you trailered it to where you show in your picture?

philnlucky
February 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
The intake has a C6 part no between the carbs, with C6 dated Holley's. Its just a plain jane cyclone. I kinda went a little wild on the paint, so its got to run a healthy small block. A stoplight runner. :rocker:

The cyclone was shown at the request of my painter, at the Oak Harbor car show last fall, I had barely enough time to get the vinyl top on it. Car will be finished this spring.