PDA

View Full Version : Bellevue Ford Picnic - Sun June 3rd

BPVan
April 15th, 2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.efv8psrg.org/ford_picnic.htm

Luva65wagon
May 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Just pinging this back into the top of the leader board.

Anyone who wants to drive in with us, as we usually do, try to meet up at the BurgerKing at Factoria Mall by 9AM. We'll all cruise in at the same time. If you plan to come, but are gonna be a little late - just let us know and we'll try and hold a spot or two if we can.

falcon cobra
May 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM
It will be nice sunday so I hope we can get a lot of falcons there, patrick would you be so kind to bring your narrow band A/F tester ? I and maybe others need to know what it say's, oh oh or is it wide band I forgot, remember Nooooo rain...jh[yay]

falcon cobra
May 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Well is anyone going to the ford show? we have a lot of falcons around here so why not go and show, ....jh:rocker:

redfalken
May 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm going! I'll be at the BK around 8:30 to grab some breakfast. I love these Sunday shows. That gives me Saturday to scrub off the moss...

SmithKid
May 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I've not done this show before. Do you guys go as "show" or "spectator" cars? Not sure I'm ready to be judged as a "show" car.

Jeff W
May 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
If it's not raining buckets I will meet you guys @ BK. In my experience it is more of a casual show than a hard core spit and polish. In fact it used to be called a picnic. John H is the only guy I know that has walked out of there with any kind of an award... but that was before the rest of us guys started showing up to give him some competition :ROTFLMAO:

When I went last year I didn't have all my glass installed. At least I'm making some progress.:bicker:

redfalken
May 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
This is definitely a "come as you are" show. Yours is plenty nice to show off!

So far it's partly cloudy, a 10% chance of rain, and a high of 61. Sounds good to me!

pbrown
May 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM
It will be nice sunday so I hope we can get a lot of falcons there, patrick would you be so kind to bring your narrow band A/F tester ? I and maybe others need to know what it say's, oh oh or is it wide band I forgot, remember Nooooo rain...jh[yay]

I'll bring the AFR tool. It's a wide band.

falcon cobra
May 31st, 2012, 07:45 AM
This show is a non judged show, it's a picnic, kick the tires, and visit with car people that you havent see since last year, so bring your ride gene, hope to see ya there....jh[AGREE]

SmithKid
May 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Looks like I'm going to make it this week-end. See you at BK!

Jeff W
May 31st, 2012, 12:29 PM
I've not done this show before. Do you guys go as "show" or "spectator" cars? Not sure I'm ready to be judged as a "show" car.

After looking at the flier, I see where you are getting the "Show or Spectator" question.

We are all "show" cars. The $5 spectator car fee is just parking lot fee for the lookie loo crowd. Those cars are not allowed in the show area and do not get a dash plaque.

SmithKid
May 31st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks Jeff, I had pretty well figured that out from yours (and others) previous responses.

Luva65wagon
May 31st, 2012, 02:58 PM
I'm bringing Flarechero this year. First show for it. Gene, if you want to caravan over - come on by about 8AM.

Too bad Gary's car is running a'foul. If you could get it there Gary - we could maybe tune it up while we're there! [thumb] Heck, we installed stuff on Jeff's wagon last year.

It's a pretty fun show, really. Nice orchestra playing music, boy scouts selling hot dogs and soda for cheap, a ice cream vendor, lots of unique cars, always shade trees to hide under if we need to. Use'ta be all Fords, but it still is mostly. The "others" seem to hang out in the higher or lower lots. We always have about the greatest contingent there... if we all would choose to park in the same spot that is.

SmithKid
May 31st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yer on, Roger.

Jeff W
June 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Weather is still looking good. See you tomorrow.

falcon cobra
June 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
What happen to badbird & sprint V8 ? and others I can't think of ?...jh:3g:

64SprintV8
June 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Here are some photos from today's gathering.

falcon cobra
June 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
What a fine bunch of old birds, good to see everyone :rocker: and no rain...jh

BillP 98201
June 4th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Looked like fun guys! Some very SAWEET cars in that Falcon Row!..... Wish I could have been there :bicker:

doghows
June 4th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Wish mine was ready... I see the flarechero and the Gene mobile made it. Nice work guys. Next year I am there with the delivery!!

BadBird
June 4th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Really nice representation from our club and sure wanted to be there. Health issues are keeping me toooooo close to home lately. We got back from Tucson a couple of weeks ago and haven't got much going yet. Hope to see you all soon and nice jobs everyone. Badbird aka Larry

Luva65wagon
June 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Good to hear from you Larry. We were asking about you yesterday and I planned to touch-base this week to see how you were doing. Now we know.

Here's a panoramic view I stitched together.

SmithKid
June 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I second that! Glad you're back in the area, Larry. I hope you get on top of those health issues soon.

BadBird
June 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Fantastic picture Roger, and thanks Gene for the kind words. Health issues have been with me for several years now, just trying to cope with that and the medicines that want to turn me into a zombie.

Trying to get back to working on my car. Several items that I want to work on. Brakes (as you see from my other post), very minor interior issues, rear end making a little noise again and I want to fabricate a shroud that fits over the front framework at the radiator and goes back to also include a fan shroud. Fiberglas work will do that I believe, but first, I have to go through the research and development phase.

Badbird

MacDee
June 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Pat, what was that polish you used on Jeff's car at the picnic and where do you get it? My son just had a bird dropping, um, tarnish the finish on his 370Z and has asked me if there is something short of color sanding he can do to restore the spot. Seems like that stuff should do it if anything can!!

pbrown
June 4th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Pat, what was that polish you used on Jeff's car at the picnic and where do you get it? My son just had a bird dropping, um, tarnish the finish on his 370Z and has asked me if there is something short of color sanding he can do to restore the spot. Seems like that stuff should do it if anything can!!

http://www.amazon.com/Flitz-Metal-Plastic-Fiberglass-Polish/dp/B0002V9LAW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338873274&sr=8-2

redfalken
June 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cool! I hear Jeff might get some for father's day so now I'll know four people who have a can I can borrow! :p

Jeff W
June 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Here is the caravan. I could hardly keep up to all that HP!

BadBird
June 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Very cool pics Jeff. Thanks for posting them.

BadBird
June 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I bought some of that Flitz polish off of ebay and I think it cost me $41.00 with no shipping or taxes. You might try there also.