PDA

View Full Version : Friends know each others names

Luva65wagon
May 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm often reading posts from users who have no signature in their threads and a user name that isn't their name and ask myself, "Have they used their name before?" "Do I want to call them 6365Falconguy?"

The answer of course, is No. We'd all like to know who you are so when we reply to your thread we can call you out by name. So if you have not done so yet, please consider adding a simple salutation at the end of your thread, or adding a signature to your thread so we can remember who you are. If you don't know how to do this, here's how:

1) Look up in the header of the forum and find Quick Links and select "Edit Signature"

2) This will open a little dialog window where you can create what looks to be a post - just like you see here. I've made a screen capture of what my signature looks like, which you can see below.

3) Enter whatever you want to have show at the end of your thread each time. You can be slightly creative with fonts and sizing. Just highlight the text you want to alter and select an action (font, size, bold, etc).

4) Some of us like a picture of our car. You need to have a pretty small thumbnail view of it. Try not to go too big (stay about 80 pixels or less in height). But you will see a place down below the editor for inserting the picture. My picture, for instance - though it looks like two pictures - is really one picture. It's edited to look like two. You can only have one, so this is how I managed. I was crafty and even selected the same color as seen in the threads to divide the two pictures. But that's just me.

5) When done - save your signature and they will magically appear in every thread you've ever done.

6) We will now know you.

7) We will all be happy. :)

SmithKid
May 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Okay. I did it. Now you know who I am.

Luva65wagon
May 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
And a fine job you did too... Mr. Smith.

redfalken
May 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Been there, done that! When I join a forum I always try to get the basics in my sig. Who, where, what, etc... The more info you can give the less questions you get. Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.

Nice to meet y'all!

MacDee
May 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Okay.
Now y'all know my last name, too!

Luva65wagon
May 16th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.

Of course, you can also select 'Quick Links' and then 'Edit Your Details' and, at the very least, enter your location there. We've all assumed because you are posting here you are semi-local to the Seattle area - only to discover you are in Sweden! One of these days we'll realize the world-wide-web means just that. :WHATTHE:

Jeff W
June 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Here you go

redfalken
June 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
That leads me to a question. I helped Jeff size the photo for his signature but notice it doesn't show up on his older posts. Shouldn't any changes you make to your signature change on all your previous posts???

SmithKid
June 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Changes have affected my previous posts

Luva65wagon
June 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
It has for mine too. Don't see how it wouldn't.

TechBoss
June 29th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Hello, my name is Rod Neumann. I've had lots of different Fords over the years, but am currently the proud owner of a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. The car retains the stock color, Wimbleton White, but otherwise has significant adaptations enhancing its look and performance. The interior was transitioned from Palamino (brown/tan) to Black, the manual 3 speed was swapped for a T-10 4 speed, the 260 has been replaced with a 289 and the stock 14" rims have made way for a set of Hurst Dazzler 15x7 (rear) and 15x6 (front) wheels. I am interested in meeting some other Ford/Falcon owners and discovering more about this pre-pony car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiiguu42pigjf5w/tribute4b.jpg

redfalken
June 29th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome Rod! Do you know Nathan? User name Nathan289. He's a Falcon guy in the Spokane area and chimes in on these forums occasionally. If you hit some car shows, you'll probably see him this summer.

Nice ride!

SmithKid
June 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Agree! Beautiful car, Rod.

Luva65wagon
October 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Steve - here are the instructions I thought I had posted before.

Here is the copy of the text from my sig modified with what might be your information. Edit at will:

Steve Harwood
Dog House Powdercoating

63 Sedan Delivery
powered by: 5.0 | AOD | 9" rear

I did a quick edit of a picture of your early side-shot, but if you use this image it will look to be floating on the page. Upload it (option #2 under signature pic) and it will show up on all your previous threads.

Had to upload an image of the code you type in - the forum converted it to what you see above the dual [SIGPIC] portion.

dhbfaster
October 15th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Hello, my name is Rod Neumann. I've had lots of different Fords over the years, but am currently the proud owner of a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. The car retains the stock color, Wimbleton White, but otherwise has significant adaptations enhancing its look and performance. The interior was transitioned from Palamino (brown/tan) to Black, the manual 3 speed was swapped for a T-10 4 speed, the 260 has been replaced with a 289 and the stock 14" rims have made way for a set of Hurst Dazzler 15x7 (rear) and 15x6 (front) wheels. I am interested in meeting some other Ford/Falcon owners and discovering more about this pre-pony car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiiguu42pigjf5w/tribute4b.jpg

HI Rod,
For some reason I seem to think I recently read an article about you and your car somewhere...? Was it the Seattle Times? Welcome to the forum.

dhbfaster
October 15th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Ok Roger, thanks for the tutoring...here's the try with the first signature. Hopefully it works...
Well...looks like the pic is quite big....need to shrink it.
Shrunk it now...and just for fun, used the apple blemish tool and partially rubbed out part of the fender dent!

Mikeske
January 2nd, 2015, 12:51 PM
My name is Michael and I posted separate to introduce myself. I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

slautomotive
February 2nd, 2015, 12:02 PM
Happy Monday,

My Name is Will Sando and I am the proud new owner of a 1962 Ford Falcon Futura. I own and operate an auto repair shop in Coeur d Alene, ID but I have always loved restoring Fords from the 50's & 60's (much more character than those mini-van things). I look forward to getting to know you other Ford enthusiasts more.

BillP 98201
February 3rd, 2015, 09:37 AM
Very nice car!

phasmiddy
May 28th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Hi, new member here, I've already proven what a newbie I am in my posts, hahaha.
I'm Michelle, and my husband is Michael, and we have a '62 wagon.

Do you folks have T-shirts, or thinking about making club shirts, or is that just corny? I have an idea for one, it's really simple if you wanted to see it, basically just the "R" form Rainier Brewing Co (we use in here in Renton for Renton shirts, haha) with the Falcon logo under it.

Hope to meet you all next month :)

SmithKid
May 28th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Welcome Michelle & Michael. Hope to meet you soon, too.
Our shirts, hats, & much more is available at:

http://www.cafepress.com/rainierfalcons

phasmiddy
May 28th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Awesome, thank you!!

dhbfaster
May 28th, 2015, 10:59 PM
HI Michelle & Michael...welcome to the club. Look forward to seeing your wagon...or at least some pics.

phasmiddy
May 29th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I just posted a few pics, one of when we first obtained her, and a few of her in paint works. I don't have a current picture of the entire car because she is in the shop right now. her name is "Mexican Blonde" and we are going with a Mexican theme.

ew1usnr
May 29th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I just posted a few pics, one of when we first obtained her, and a few of her in paint works. I don't have a current picture of the entire car because she is in the shop right now. her name is "Mexican Blonde" and we are going with a Mexican theme.

Hello, Michael and Michelle.

I clicked on your web page link and found the photos of your 62 wagon "Mexican Blonde". Very nice! I like the Deluxe trim and the metal gravel panels that they placed on the rear fenders that year. Have you noticed how the back edges of the rear side windows curve in to meet the back window and give a streamlined "boat tail" effect? That is kind of like the wrap-around windshields of the cars in the 1950's.

Have you noticed the little patch of black accent paint in the trim right above the headlight?

You even have the original gas cap. :)

Que Bella!

Soft Taco 84
November 30th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Hello, all! My name is Richard and I just joined the forum. I'm starting to do a little work to my Falcon and thought this would be a great place for info and advice. I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed. Looking forward to doing some work on this thing! I want to start driving it on weekends again.

Gitanesteel
December 2nd, 2016, 01:09 PM
Hello, all! My name is Richard and I just joined the forum. I'm starting to do a little work to my Falcon and thought this would be a great place for info and advice. I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed. Looking forward to doing some work on this thing! I want to start driving it on weekends again.

Welcome Richard - where do you call home? Look forward to some photos of your Falcon.

ew1usnr
December 2nd, 2016, 06:31 PM
I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed.

Yeaaaa!!!

Soft Taco 84
December 4th, 2016, 03:10 AM
I'm from Sanford, Florida. I have pictures on my phone but can't figure out how to upload them without a computer. The car has been in my family since the mid 60s. It was my grandfathers car so it really means a lot. I'm really excited about getting to the point where I can drive it regularly.

ew1usnr
December 4th, 2016, 07:30 AM
I'm from Sanford, Florida. I'm really excited about getting to the point where I can drive it regularly.

It might take some expense and aggravation to get everything on your Falcon working correctly, but keep telling yourself: "This is a hobby. This is a hocbby." Once you get everything worked out you will enjoy the heck out of driving your little convertible. You will cause a stir every time you pull into a gas station or a grocery store parking lot. Falcons are wonderful little cars.

I do not want to steal you away from the Rainier Falcons. These are great guys and they have a terrific bulletin board. But given that you live in Sanford .... you may also want to get in touch with the Sun Coast Falcons, a Florida section of the Falcon Club of America.

See: http://www.flfalcon.com/ and Bill Shira, President, at shirawd@aol.com

Upcoming club events:

Dec 10, 2016 Suncoast Chapter Meeting and Christmas Luncheon, election of officers, Meeting will be at Red Lobster in Old Town Kissimmee, Fl. 11:30 AM.

Jan 7, 2017 23rd Annual Ford and Mustang Round Up at Silver Springs, registration is now open on line www.npdlink.com .

Have fun with your Falcon. Dennis in Tampa. :)

dhbfaster
December 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Hey Soft Taco...welcome to the club! Great to see someone else with their grandfathers car. If you get a chance check out my thread under "show off your ride" called "saving granddad's falcon"
Have fun and looking forward to those pictures when you finally get them off of your phone.

wincampie99
December 15th, 2016, 10:04 AM
My name is Sofiara.
I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล (http://ballzonereviews.weebly.com/)

Luva65wagon
December 15th, 2016, 10:14 AM
My name is Sofiara.
I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล (http://ballzonereviews.weebly.com/)

that's awesome!

:confused:

Gitanesteel
January 18th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Anyone ever thought of a "Friends know what friends look like" thread. We're on a first name basis but, other than my brother, I'm not sure I know what any of you look like. How about a photo of you and your Falcon if you have one.

My first drive in the car in 28 yrs - unfortunately not the clearest photo

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/scozim/1965%20Falcon/Driving.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/scozim/media/1965%20Falcon/Driving.jpg.html)

Luva65wagon
January 19th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Probably not a bad idea. I looked around on the forum and found a couple pictures already, but this one shows (from left to right), Bill Williams, Me (fighting headers), Gene, and Denny Ballard (RIP Denny). We were dropping the engine into Gene's (Smithkid's) Ranchero. The proverbial 1 guy working and 3 guys watching photo if there ever was one.

rman
March 15th, 2018, 10:10 PM
OK so here's my story:

I found a '65 Ranchero Deluxe biding its time out in Elma back around Halloween 2016 and she sat parked in front of my house for many months. It was stripped of all the trim and had Falcon tailights, but had been modded from the original C4 to a Dagenham 4 on the floor, which at the time seemed sexy. Plus I liked the idea of the 200cid gas mileage for tooling around town.

Then a few months ago I found ANOTHER '65 that is a complete pile of rust, but it has all the trim, including the afterburner tailights. Oh, and it's a 289/C4.

So I finally found a warm dry spot to park one of them and started tinkering on it. There are a bunch of falcon-ish sites on the interwebs and over the months I've been spreading thinner but being as how this is local I'll try to maybe do a project thread since I haven't done very much yet.

And my name is Rafael

Luva65wagon
March 21st, 2018, 10:29 AM
We like saving Ranchero's around here. Mine was a "made 1 good one out of 2 bad one's" so... good luck to you Rafael...

SmithKid
March 21st, 2018, 11:06 AM
Mine was also one of the "saved" category. It was found on Camano Island under some evergreens loaded with needles and the accompanying corrosion, with a "running on six" 289 that made it home under it's own power(?) and has since become a pretty nicely presentable runner (12+ years). I wish you the best on your project(s). It's worth it.

Corbin
July 2nd, 2018, 07:15 AM
Howdy,

After wanting a Falcon for years, it all came together for me a few weeks ago. We purchased a house with a shop down in Roy, so what better way to occupy the shop than a new project.

I was taking a very hard look at a car in PA and was considering flying out there to take a look. Then a local car popped up on craigslist, checked it out and drove it 2 hours to it's new home.

The folks that I purchased it from didn't seem to know much about the car however they have the contact info from who they bought it from. So I am anxious to have a chat with them.

The car is was painted recently. They changed the Guardsman Blue to red and put black interior in. The 260 is now a 302 that seems stock except for the longtubes. Someone along the way installed a Hurst Dual Gate along with the console.

There are some things done to the car that make me scratch my head and ask my self "why". For example, the Accel coil had gone out, so they installed another coil but left the Accel mounted to the fender well. That said, that is the fun part, putting your personal touches on the car and fixing it your way.

Luva65wagon
July 7th, 2018, 09:20 PM
I've read your introduction thread too, but thought I'd reply here first. Looks like a great car to start with. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Also, since this thread was started as an instruction guide to help folks create signatures for their posts... is your name Corbin or is that just a handle?

Corbin
July 7th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Roger,

Yes my name is Corbin. I don't really care for handle names. I will get my signature updated tonight.

It's been a fun car. Today my brother came over and we ripped out a rat's nest of wiring that previous owners have done. I now feel comfortable knowing that there is minimal risk of a wire fire.

Luva65wagon
July 11th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Corbin, no worries. When and if is totally up to the user. Being a more local community of Falcon owners (with a few exceptions... and likely more to come) it's just nice to not reply to FalconPerson6365 that way forever.

And yes, ripping out all the wiring will drastically reduce the chance of it catching fire! ;)

sitdracing
August 9th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Fresh member here, my very first car was a 1967 Falcon Sport Coupe, I now have a 1964 Futura with a 347ci with a procharger. Hello to all!

Luva65wagon
August 9th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Welcome Fresh Member Sitdracing.

Love the sedan. It's good to see more of these being done. They, and yours, really do look good. Post more pictures and your history with it in the show off your ride section. We'd love to hear more.

Tattooguy21
January 4th, 2020, 12:02 PM
You guys can call me Dub.

I'm actually a Ford bronco aficionado and driver with a love for all things old. On my way to pick up my first falcon which until a week ago, I never planned on owning or had any real interest in. I'll explain it all on my introduction post. Glad to be here and learn something new.

Gitanesteel
January 4th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Welcome Dub!

dhbfaster
January 4th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Welcome Dub!
Look forward to the story ad what’s behind the “Poor decision maker” title.

Luva65wagon
January 5th, 2020, 10:13 PM
Greetings and as others have indicated... it'll be interesting to hear how you came upon your Falcon. I'm sure many here will appreciate seeing what your Bronco looks like. You're free to mention anything you want about it in the ChitChat section.

[thumb]

Millennial Falcon
February 1st, 2020, 04:24 PM
Gentlemen.
I purchased myself a 63 Futura convertible this last Wednesday and felt a great need to know others that share in this obsession i have.

I have grown somewhat concerned after my purchase however.

Is it normal to find yourself creeping down to the garage at all hours? I’m hoping the stroking and sweet talk will fade with time too. It’s not at a Christine level or anything.

I think I’ve got this under control. Just concerned.

dhbfaster
February 1st, 2020, 05:48 PM
UT oh Matt, I’m sorry to be the one to break it to you but that little problem you speak of ...it’s more likely to get worse than better. Welcome to the support group, I mean club.
Now feel free to head over to the “show off my ride” section and help feed our addiction with some pictures, what your story is and what your plans are. We’d love to follow it. Welcome to the forum! You’ve got a good group here. Most of us have documented our addictions there if you want to see how bad it gets.

Ilvmygt
February 22nd, 2020, 06:37 PM
I am new to Falcons. We purchased a Futura Convertible in early summer and used to in several local car shows. The car was originally a 6 cylinder with a 4 speed. The previous owner replaced the 4 speed with a C4. As I got to know the car better I realized there is something not quite right with the drive train and the car would vibrate even when not moving. Based on this we decided to move forward with updating the cars drive train and suspension. This has turned in to my winter project.

Luva65wagon
February 22nd, 2020, 11:42 PM
I am new to Falcons. We purchased a Futura Convertible in early summer and used to in several local car shows. The car was originally a 6 cylinder with a 4 speed. The previous owner replaced the 4 speed with a C4. As I got to know the car better I realized there is something not quite right with the drive train and the car would vibrate even when not moving. Based on this we decided to move forward with updating the cars drive train and suspension. This has turned in to my winter project.

So, what are you going to update it all to? Winter is just about over!
:)

Ilvmygt
February 23rd, 2020, 07:49 PM
I started in December with the the removal of the engine and transmission. Then removed the front suspension and installed a Mustang 2 front suspension. That gives me modern suspension with power Rack and Pinon and disk brakes. The rear suspension was also removed to install a 4 link rear suspension with disk brakes. Changed the Master cylinder to a power dual master cylinder. I am changing the 6 cylinder to a 302 with an AOD. The suspension work is pretty much complete.

I ended up taking the interior apart to inspect and clean everything up and for work under the dash. Found minimal amount of surface rust so it all got treated with a rust conversion coating and epoxy primer. The dash was also taken apart to modify the brakes and steering so I will paint the dash before I put it all back together. While the dash is a part I did a little rewiring to move the fuse panel off the light switch. I was going to replace the wiring harness but found it to be in remarkably good condition but was having issues with some of the bullet connections coming apart. I plan to put heat shrink over the connects and that should prevent then from coming apart. Since the shock towers are gone I moved the wiring in the engine compartment to clean things up.

I am waiting on the engine and transmission to arrive. I will need to test fit the AOD once it arrives to see if any work on the tunnel will be needed. This is going to be my wife's car and she wants an automatic so that is what we are putting in.

When will it be done? This work will be done before we take to its first car show or cruise. This year is the drive train, next year is interior and paint the following year.

Luva65wagon
February 23rd, 2020, 10:20 PM
Sounds awesome! I think a lot of us would appreciate seeing some of what you just described. You should start a thread post some pics of this work. Sounds like you've got a lot done in a very short time.

Falcon61
March 1st, 2020, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I've got a 61 Tudor. All original running gear and drive train. Dual exhaust but the guy before me stuffed glass packs in them so it sounds like something other than what it is. An original 170 I6.

I'm restoring it now. There are many little problems which I would love to get input on. I love this car. My great grandmother had one and kept it until the late 70s. It went through a good restoration in '99 but the next owner didn't take care of it and let the floor pans and upholstery go to pot as well as a few other items of neglected maintenance. Would love to take it to a car meet so I can get off on the right track with advice from guys who've done this before.

dhbfaster
March 1st, 2020, 01:05 PM
Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum!
i completely restored my grandfathers 61, starting six years ago...and still small things to do. You came to the right place. Some of the best advice I got was to start my own thread under “show off my ride”. (Thread: saving granddads falcon) Before I did that, I started separate threads with questions...it would have been better to have it all in one place.
I couldn’t have done it without this club.
We love to see pictures...so we can participate in the success of your projects.
Do you live in the area?
Check for the next club meeting.

Falcon61
March 1st, 2020, 03:30 PM
I live up in Whatcom County but I'm willing to drive up as soon as I get the steering box tightened up correctly.

I think the Rainier Falcon club is probably the closest club to me.

Luva65wagon
March 1st, 2020, 11:03 PM
Welcome Chris. You should check out Don's thread. He built quite a beautiful Falcon. Stunning in person. I'm sure many of us were honored to work on such a cherished vehicle. It had a great history.

We'd love to see what you have and hopefully get a chance to see it running and driving to a show near you (or us).

Falcon61
March 2nd, 2020, 09:21 AM
Welcome Chris. You should check out Don's thread. He built quite a beautiful Falcon. Stunning in person. I'm sure many of us were honored to work on such a cherished vehicle. It had a great history.

We'd love to see what you have and hopefully get a chance to see it running and driving to a show near you (or us).

I went through Don's thread. Daunting and inspiring at the same time. I will take some pictures and start a thread as soon as we've got a few less clouds. Beautiful work.

dhbfaster
March 2nd, 2020, 01:34 PM
Yea, before I started saving granddad's falcon I probably had 8 or 10 threads on individual tech topics (At least) under the "Tech Talk" category. Of course, if you went through my thread...you probably noticed my favorite two emogies...:doh: and :BEER:

Don't be shy or worry about the clouds, great photography, or even good grammar or spelling for that matter...snap some pics with your phone and get posted and have fun. I remember one time I was having a personal "falcon day" and everyone knew it, and I was doing something under the car, got stuck with it...took a pic on my phone of the problem and made a post (lying under the car.) I went to the bathroom and came back...and someone posted exactly what I needed to do. You won't find that on facebook. People in the club were following my falcon day and checking in. This is a great group.

Luva65wagon
March 2nd, 2020, 09:46 PM
Don't be shy or worry about the clouds...

Clouds make for some of the best shots of cars. No shadows. [thumb]

Turbocluck
December 19th, 2020, 07:01 PM
Names Bill... not sure if this is my scene as my birds will be heavily modified, but I thought I'd intro myself... Rainier Oregon? or is it a different "Rainier"

EDIT: So, admin just confirmed ALL Falcons are welcome, which is awesome in my book. With that said, My name is Bill and I have 2 65 Falcons, 2 1st gen Cougars, a 67 Malibu, Legacy 3.6R, and 06 F150... We don't discriminate but we also don't cross contaminate LOL.. Back to the Falcons...

Secondhand Sally is my 65 Futura wagon. She's an original 289/C4/PS car sporting original paint and a perfect patina. She will see duty as a dog hauler / tow rig / promotional vehicle for our future dog foster/rescue. She will be receiving a 333 stroker, Sniper EFI, Bauman controlled 4R70W, Expy 8.8 with 3.55s and disks. 2014 Mustang GT front 13.2" in disks, Borgeson P/S, sliding roof, mini tub and air ride.7276

Coop is my 65 Tudor Sedan that will be widebodied and sport a 2018 Ecoboost engine and 5 speed trans, 4 link and double adjustable coilovers on all 4 corners. Should be a crazy little go kart. same brake system as Sally, full cage, racing buckets, fiberglass bumpers, etc. light and fast with 32MPG LOL.7277

gtaroger
December 19th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Hi every body . My avatar says gtaroger. You guessed it my name is Roger.The gta comes from when I owned a 1967 GTA Mustang fastback.I owned it for about 12 years. I always had a dream of owning a few special cars. 1963 Falcon Futura,1967 Mustang fastback,1965 Shelby Cobra and a GT40.So far iv'e owned all but the GT 40. My problem is I can't afford these cars all at one time.I've always had a soft spot for the Falcon. It doesn't matter what year, I love them all.I got out of cars some years back and owned boats.I was what we call river rat. The Detroit river is a 1/2 mile from my house. One day I was talking to friend I know and he was driving the 67 Mustang. I fell in love with it.I put my boat up for sale the next day.I bought the Mustang and started upgrading every winter for 15 years.I have always wanted a Cobra ,I decided If I were to have one I would have to buy and build a kit Cobra.I sold the Mustang and started a two year build on a Factory Five Cobra.I drove the Cobra for 14 years. Every winter I did upgrades on it.I loved it and found it to be the most fun to drive out of any car I have ever driven.Then one year I got a big spot on my face.It turned out tobe melanoma cancer.I thought about putting a top on the Cobra,but my back is shoot.I sold the Cobra and looked for two years for a car that I wanted with a top on it.I went a local car cruise and spotted this Falcon. It didn't have everything on it that I wanted,but it fell for it.It was not for sell ,but I ask the owner if he would be interested in selling it.He said he might,He had just finished building 67 Camaro pro street. I made him a offer and I had the car a week later.I have made the car more a street cruiser than it was.I now have air,power steering,quieter mufflers,AOD trans,all new door and window seals.I really don't see me selling this car. I'm 70 years old and I have a car thats comfortable,drives great,looks good and still hauls ***.72747275

Luva65wagon
December 19th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Names Bill... not sure if this is my scene as my birds will be heavily modified, but I thought I'd intro myself... Rainier Oregon? or is it a different "Rainier"

Rainier Chapter of the FCA is anchored in Seattle, but we have many users on the Forum. Some come and go (as is common on forums or Facebook), but we help anyone no matter where they are. Local users are generally members of the local Falcon club, a chapter of the FCA. This forum is just an arm of that club with a broader reach.

Luva65wagon
December 19th, 2020, 10:56 PM

Awesome cars! I think most of us are jealous, but your Falcon is pretty sweet too. Great choices.

Luva65wagon
December 19th, 2020, 11:04 PM
Sally is my 65 Futura wagon. She's an original 289/C4/PS car sporting original paint and a perfect patina.7276

You'll notice my user name has nothing to do with having a 63 Ranchero. When I joined the club I had a 65 tudor wagon and that's what I had for nearly 20 years. Sold it off a couple years ago to a couple locally (Mike and Bev driving it away in the tail light image) and they're loving it now. Looking forward to seeing another one come together.

Turbocluck
December 19th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Rainier Chapter of the FCA is anchored in Seattle, but we have many users on the Forum. Some come and go (as is common on forums or Facebook), but we help anyone no matter where they are. Local users are generally members of the local Falcon club, a chapter of the FCA. This forum is just an arm of that club with a broader reach.

Sweet, I'm a fellow PNWerer... I'm just south of Rainier Or. in St. Helens Or. LOL... We're a simple folk and have ZERO imagination when naming towns. I look forward to getting to know y'all as these builds progress.

Turbocluck
December 19th, 2020, 11:33 PM
You'll notice my user name has nothing to do with having a 63 Ranchero. When I joined the club I had a 65 tudor wagon and that's what I had for nearly 20 years. Sold it off a couple years ago to a couple locally (Mike and Bev driving it away in the tail light image) and they're loving it now. Looking forward to seeing another one come together.

I had a 65 when I was 19, 289 3 spd in a 4 lug 6 banger car and that thing was a rocket for what it was. Always wanted one and came across the wagon while I was looking for a body for my Cougars spare drivetrain as I was upgrading. I found a write-up on making a trailer from a rotted out 2 door and came across Coop, my tudor, but I just couldn't cut the little bird up. Now I am neck deep in an Ecoboost swap in Coop and Sally sits in the rain. Priorities... LOL

gtaroger
December 20th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Can't wait to see the coop when done! Roger

RetroSpeed
January 5th, 2022, 09:44 PM
My name is Chris and I own a 1960 2-door wagon with a 200/C4 and 2:79 geared rearend.
The garage mate to the wagon is a 1963.5 Ranchero, a factory 260 V8/T-10 4 speed truck.

Turbocluck
January 5th, 2022, 09:55 PM
Can't wait to see the coop when done! Roger

She's coming along slowly... we made some changes and replaced the 5 speed manual with a 6 speed auto and slap shifter... I ended up busting my arm in the ice a couple months back with no insurance, so it's takin a bit longer than i would have liked to mend... Now, I'm back to work so it'll be slow, but steady once the weather changes.... Here are a couple pics.

Turbocluck
January 5th, 2022, 10:03 PM
Mocked up... still toying with the front bumper and splitter.

falconero
March 14th, 2022, 06:10 PM
Hello,
Neal from Utah here. I just did a "fly-n-buy" out to Sacramento to pic up a lovely 1963 Ford Falcon Futura Sport Convertible. I had a little trouble with a loosening clutch cable followed by bad weather that made the drive back to Utah a tad dicey, but she's now safety ensconced out here in the "Land of Zion." :BIRTHDAY:

Hopefully, the fact that instead of finding a rescue to save, I just bought my way in by shelling out for a prim and properly pruned pruebread won't cause too many looks askance from the other Falconeers that have built from scratch. LOL.

I do have a few things yet to resolve and also plan on making some changes on her, so I should soon have few money pit tales of woe to share with community members soon enough. Ha, ha!

I look forward to learning much from many of the talented Falcon builders that peruse this board.

For pics check my post in the "Show Off Your Ride" forum (https://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/showthread.php?3754-My-1963-Ford-Falcon-Futura-Sport-Covertible).

Thanks,
Neal

---

Luva65wagon
March 15th, 2022, 12:19 PM
I'm sure we'll look past the fact you didn't build it. But hey, they all need a home. Looking forward to seeing you post you pit tales.

Olesneaker
September 28th, 2023, 12:51 PM
Hey, Mike Rooney from Bristol , VA. My 63.5 Comet Custom has been in the family since new; I drove it some in high school. 260/ 2spd auto. Was kept outside for most of its 79000 miles so needs work. Been in garage since 2001. 302 built for it already, work on car is slow due to medical problems (me, not car...).
Would like to drive it by spring... wish me luck!

dhbfaster
September 28th, 2023, 06:59 PM
Hey, Mike Rooney from Bristol , VA. My 63.5 Comet Custom has been in the family since new; I drove it some in high school. 260/ 2spd auto. Was kept outside for most of its 79000 miles so needs work. Been in garage since 2001. 302 built for it already, work on car is slow due to medical problems (me, not car...).
Would like to drive it by spring... wish me luck!

Welcome to the forum Mike!
Mine has also been in the family since new. Enjoy the ride. We have a nice small group here but we will pitch in where we can.

Olesneaker
September 29th, 2023, 05:34 AM
Thank you, Don! Looking forward to sharing with you!
Mike