PDA

View Full Version : mini regional falcon meet

Nathan289
June 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys.

I got a flyer from the columbia river falcon club for a mini regional on september 15, 10am to 3pm at the fat moose bar and grill.

Fat moose bar and grill is located at:
1388 lewis river road
woodland, wa 98674

I'm going to do my best to attend this show anyone else heard about it and making plans?

Nathan

redfalken
June 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't got anything yet and don't see anything on their website.

http://www.falcon-comet.com

I would be up for going though. It's about a 2 or 3 hour drive on I-5 from Seattle. I say we keep this on our radar. If we decide to host an official regional some day we will more than likely co-host it with them.

I met the group several years ago at a show in Toledo and they are a really nice bunch. Is there contact info on the flyer? We should get the word out and help make it a success!

Nathan289
June 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Allen shade
360 225 seven 40three
Falconcomet@cni.net

As I've said Jen and I plan on attending. Wekve looked into hotel cost and I've asked for the time off from work.

The problem now is will I have the falcon back together in time to drive it?
I have a goal now.. I just need parts to get it going..

Anyone want tp donate a transmission and flywheel? Maybe some clutch parts:sawzall:

Nathan

pbrown
June 28th, 2012, 09:13 PM
My flyer came in the mail today.

doghows
June 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Got my flyer yesterday. I am going to bust my a** to get mine running and presentable. Hopefully it will be it's first showing!! Sounds like it is time for me to round up parts and plan an assembly party!:BEER:

BadBird
June 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds like the one we should all try to make if possible. Definitely putting it on my list. Now, do I drive down and look for a motel or take the motorhome and trailer the car. I am going to look for camping areas close by.

redfalken
June 29th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Jeff pointed out this is the day before the West Seattle Junction Show! :mad:

I'll be going to both anyway. This year they are allowing `79 & earlier motorcycles in the Junction show so I may take my 350. Bikes are WAY easier to get ready for a show!!

redfalken
June 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Monte Brachmann emailed me a flyer so I converted to jpg in case someone doesn't get one in the mail. Mine arrived today.

Jeff W
June 29th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Jeff pointed out this is the day before the West Seattle Junction Show! :mad:
!

Yeah... shouldn't the Columbia River Gang check with us before scheduling these things...:ROTFLMAO:

Nathan289
June 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Im trying to verify i can get this weekend 9/14 off. If i can ill be there either in the falcon if i can get it finished in time.. or the 2010 mustang..

Has anyone heard any more details? I hope the Moose bat and grill has a big parking lot. Because we might be filling it.

Nathan

Luva65wagon
July 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'd received an email from Monte @ the CRC_FCA and I meant to post the flyer (did I mention I'm a little under the gun here?). I'll see how it goes, but I can't say just yet whether I can make it. I'm gonna try for it.

Nathan289
July 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Its looking like i'll be making my hotel reservations next tuesday..

Now its can i get the car done in time?

Nathan

Monte Brachmann
July 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM
The Columbia River Falcon Chapter is looking forward to seeing as many Rainier Falcon members as we can in September. There is plenty of room to park Falcons and Comets. The Fat Moose actually gets a permit from the City of Woodland to close the street behind the restaurant where we will park. We can back the cars up to the curb on both sides of the street for a length of about three blocks. They also close off their front parking lot for show cars also. About two weeks ago we took our 63 Futura to a Friday night cruise at the Fat Moose to see how car shows work at that venue. It was great. Good food and beverages at the Fat Moose also...

We have mailed flyers to all FCA members in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We have also sent flyers to the California FCA chapter presidents to help spread the word. We have been getting responses back from folks that are planning to attend.

redfalken
July 18th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Looking forward to the show Monte. Sounds like it will be a nice day!

I'll be going down for sure so if anyone wants to caravan, we can figure out the details when it gets closer to showtime. Maybe we could all meet somewhere at Southcenter Mall and then cruise down I-5.

Nathan289
July 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Im going to be brave and attempt whites pass on friday the day prior.

Hoping the car will be ready by then.

Nathan

doghows
July 19th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I hope to have one of my cars ready by then. If not I may have to drive something else but I am going one way or another!!!

Luva65wagon
August 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Just pinging this to the top again. We should try to get as many to go here as we can.

doghows
August 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM
The Van is looking promising for this one. Either way I am going...

Nathan289
August 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I'll be there with or without a falcon...

Im thinking the falcon wont be finished..

Nathan

Luva65wagon
August 20th, 2012, 03:00 PM
The Van is looking promising for this one. Either way I am going...

Put the van and the SD in the trailer - tow 'em if you have to!

doghows
August 21st, 2012, 08:12 AM
I don't think they would both fit???

pbrown
September 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Is there a plan in place yet for the Seattle area folks? I'd like to go but it will have to be a day trip.

redfalken
September 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
If we leave our hood about 12:30, we should get there around 3:00. We should be at Southcenter Mall around 1:00 if others want to meet us there and caravan.

Just a suggestion. I'm not sure where everyone's coming from.

pbrown
September 5th, 2012, 10:04 PM
If we leave our hood about 12:30, we should get there around 3:00. We should be at Southcenter Mall around 1:00 if others want to meet us there and caravan.

Just a suggestion. I'm not sure where everyone's coming from.

This is sounding like you plan to head down on Friday. I was not planning to stay the night.

redfalken
September 5th, 2012, 10:45 PM
OK...too many paint fumes! I saw the 3:00 and thought afternoon but it starts at 10:00. So...

Leave at 7:30, Southcenter at 8:00. That sounds better!

doghows
September 6th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I will be heading that way from Sequim, any one over here or along the way want to meet up? Not sure if I am driving the van yet, but if not I will put it on the trailer and drive it when I am closer. The sedan delivery is not even close so next year for it.
I think I go down 101 till Olympia and then right down the main drag? What time do you guys plan on arriving at the mini? Maybe I can time it to hook up on the highway or in Woodland...

pbrown
September 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I will be heading that way from Sequim, any one over here or along the way want to meet up? Not sure if I am driving the van yet, but if not I will put it on the trailer and drive it when I am closer. The sedan delivery is not even close so next year for it.
I think I go down 101 till Olympia and then right down the main drag? What time do you guys plan on arriving at the mini? Maybe I can time it to hook up on the highway or in Woodland...

We'll probably be hitting Oly close to 9:00 based on Kenny's departure time. We may want to leave a bit earlier to get into Oly closer to 8:30A.

Nathan289
September 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
We'll be arriving Friday.
The falcon isn't finished so we'll be driving the mustang.
Looking forward to seeing everybody..

What's the plans for Sunday?
We're staying the weekend...

Nathan

redfalken
September 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Jeff and I are going to a nice little show in West Seattle on Sunday. I'm entering my motorcycle if all goes well with the painting and I can get it together and running by then.

http://wsjunctioncarshow.com/2012/

Luva65wagon
September 6th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'll be doing whatever everyone else decides to do. [thumb] Will also be heading back that evening and not staying over. Have a trade-show coming up the next week, so too much preparatory stuff to do for that to do anything on Sunday.

doghows
September 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Well Van needs a clutch and a fuel sending unit, so if I bring it it will be on a trailer. What you think guy's bring it or just come down for support. Either way I am going.

pbrown
September 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well Van needs a clutch and a fuel sending unit, so if I bring it it will be on a trailer. What you think guy's bring it or just come down for support. Either way I am going.

Bring the van [thumb].

doghows
September 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
OK twist my arm I will bring the red pile. Just have to find a place to stash the truck and trailer. I'll drive it a little ways. Maybe there is a Walmart close??

Nathan289
September 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I'm trying to talk the wife into buying a neat 62 two door wagon in tacoma
so we can participate..

Probably not going to happen.. but its worth a shot right?

Nathan

redfalken
September 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Steve - bring the van if you can. I'd love to take a look see and there probably won't be many there.

Nathan - Any `62 tudor wagon is at least worth looking at. Get her a new orchid before you leave. That might make her more receptive to the idea!!

Nathan289
September 8th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Kenny,

Like the wife needs any more orchids like i need another falcon :ROTFLMAO:

Of all the falcons we've had the wagon is what she misses most.. the problem is we're not in a position to buy.. nor do we have the space for another falcon...

But its a silver moss green two door wagon...... oh well

It will be fun to see everyone next weekend...

Nathan

Nathan289
September 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
We'll be taking the scenic route on friday.. whites pass to sr-131 to sr503

We should arrive around 5pm..

Nathan

doghows
September 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Ok the Van is coming down. Got it all cleaned up. Don't trust it to drive that far so I will throw it on the trailer. Hopefully I can meet up with you guys on the freeway but if not I will make it early enough to find a place for the truck and trailer and drive the Van over.

doghows
September 12th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I count about 5 so far who else is going down?? Gene? Bill?
I talked with Allen yesterday and asked about trailer parking and he said there was plenty of room. Do I need to bring a table? I am going to load up the E-Z up and a few chairs but if anything else needs to be hauled let me know. I can load it in the van.
See you guys Saturday!:banana:

SmithKid
September 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
:( :mad::bicker: I can't go! We have guest's staying with us over the week-end.

Luva65wagon
September 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Can any of us that are gong down from the Seattle area decide to meet up at some specific place south? It's always better to have a caravan. Kenny and I met up for the regional on the Tukwila exit where the Dennys used to be. Is this doable? Some other place perhaps?

doghows
September 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm game. I'll have the truck and trailer but should be able to meet up. I will be coming in through Tacoma however???

redfalken
September 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
It's getting tricky now. I don't know much about Tacoma so I'll defer that. Steve, are you coming on 16? Anyone know of a landmark in S. Tacoma where we can meet?

redfalken
September 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Just south of where 16 meets I-5 is the Tacoma Mall Blvd. and S. 56th St. exit. It looks like there's a Shell gas station right there.

pbrown
September 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I think this is the Shell station. It seems like a good meeting spot.

http://goo.gl/maps/0Q7s2

That is probably a good spot to top off with gas.

redfalken
September 12th, 2012, 11:10 PM
That is probably a good spot to top off with gas.

Oh yea, gas! Some of us may be sipping a bit more than others...:shift:

Nathan289
September 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM
The wife and I are all packed and ready for our 9am departure on Friday.
We plan on taking the scenic route.

I90w to 395s
395s to 12/82
Whites pass to 131
131 to a bunch of forrest/park roads
503 into woodland.

Only bummer is we won't be driving the falcon.

See. Ya Saturday

Nathan

doghows
September 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Yes I will be driving through there. I was planning a quick stop at the Krispy Kreme right there at the mall. I think I need to leave here around 6- 6:30 am and that would put me at the mall right around 7:30. What time are you guys going to be in that area?
I am game for that I have everything ready so all I have left is to load up on the trailer wake up and go.:3g:
That Shell station would work well. It is right down the street from the doughnut shop!!!!!

Luva65wagon
September 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Kenny was saying he'd be in the South Center area around 8AM and Tacoma is about another 30 minutes further south from there. So if I am reading this right:

1) No pre-stop in Tukwila.
2) Meet at the gas station off of S. 56th St exit
3) Steve is bringing the donuts.
4) We meet there around 8:30AM and maybe hold until 8:45 unless everyone is there by 8:30 and has had a donut. [thumb]

pbrown
September 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
3) Steve is bringing the donuts.
Don't forget some jelly filled.

pbrown
September 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I have an extra canopy chair. It is on the Goodwill pile at the moment. I can bring it for anyone that would like it. I don't want it back.

redfalken
September 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
You're a born leader Roger. Sounds like a plan. 206.669.9777 if anyone needs to connect along the way.

Steve - I like the ones with the chocolate on top and white creme filling. They also have a seasonal caramel apple that looks good!! [thumb]

BillP 98201
September 14th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Im missing donuts too? Dang work foils me AGAIN! Take LOTS od pics guys! :rocker:

Nathan289
September 14th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Bill,

Call in sick with anal glucoma... you can't see your *** coming to work Saturday... lol..

Nathan

doghows
September 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I like that glaucoma, you could try Chinese disease. "Dragon A**"

Sorry couldn't resist. I think I will just get assorted doughnuts and you guys will have to fight over the popular ones. So I think I need to leave around 7am to put me at the spot by 8:30.
I am bringing an EZ-up, and 2 chairs, I will toss in some gas, water, and oil since I will have plenty of room. I am also bringing a small table for my build books. I could bring a 6ft fold up table if the club wants to lay any stuff out?? Let me know I have the Van area and the back of my truck..
See you guys in the am. I am stoked..:banana::rocker:[yay]

redfalken
September 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
It's going to be a long weekend for me so I doubt if I'm up for doing any club recruiting other than chatting with visitors and bringing some cards.

Otherwise it's kickin' back time for me...:BEER:
Now it's time to give the Falcon a bath, check the vitals, and start loading things I don't want to forget! See you all there!

Nathan289
September 14th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm already here.. scouted the fat moose and am now sitting pool side at the Q..:BEER:

Going to go find a car wash and wash the mustang and gas it up.. looks like arco at $3.89 a gallon is the cheapest.

Nathan

Nathan289
September 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
There is atleast one falcon here..

A very nice 64 hardtop.. white with blue interior... ca plates... nice..

See ya guys in the am

redfalken
September 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Cool! I haven't cruised in the Falcon for a long time. And now I have an iPod dock! Should be a fun trip.

pbrown
September 15th, 2012, 07:14 PM
It was a fun trip. We had four cars from our chapter. I think the total count was 33 or something like that.

I tracked my fuel mileage for the first time. I got 15MPG on the trip South. That was running between 3000 and 3400 RPM at 60-70MPH.

I noticed a voltage drop on my way home at around Olympia. I made it home with the gauge reading 11 volts. I looked under the hood and found that the lug connecting the charge wire to the alternator had broken due to metal fatigue. I was running completely on battery for 70 miles. I did a quick fix at home but will be looking for a better cable assembly. I don't want that to happen again.

I forgot my camera so I hope to see some of Steve's photos on Monday.

pbrown
September 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
... and thanks for bringing donuts Steve.

Nathan289
September 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
It was a great trip and a nice show.

I was told 36 was the final number when I inquired before we left at 2pm.

There was some great cars.. how about the 64 hardtop with the 428?

I took some pictures but wasn't very dilligent about doing so.

It was great seeing everyone again.. hopefully there will be another sow like this one soon.

We ended up staying in long beach tonight.. nice drive up the coast..
Tomorrow is astoria, or to see fort george brewery.. then back to spokane..

Wish we were able to bring the falcon, maybe next time...

Oh kenny we forgot to pay you before we left.. guess I'll paypal it..

Nathan & jen

redfalken
September 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
No problem Nathan. You can send to membership@rainierfalcons.com

It was a nice trip although my knee (which I thought was pretty well healed) was really hurting after 2 or 3 hours on the pedal. But great to get out for some highway cruisin'.

Here's a few shots from the event. Big thanks to the Columbia River Chapter for putting this together!

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Had a blast, now if I could just remember what time I am suppose to meet people?? Her are some pics,I took at least one pic of every car.

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Some more pictures.

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
And another batch

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
and yet some more

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
and a few more

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:09 AM
another batch, sorry if I am doing this the wrong way. I should put them in the gallery I guess??

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Last batch I think

Nathan289
September 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Great photos...

Great times...

Whens the next trip?

Nathan

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM
On a side note, I did score a beautiful fender for my delivery form one of the Columbia river guys. I have his card he has got a HUGE barn full of falcons and parts. Mainly stuff from 62-65. Super nice guy named Steve (go figure) if anyone needs anything I will get you his info...
Great time cool cars, nice people.[thumb]

Nathan289
September 17th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I need a 62 or 63 wagon.. lol...:rocker:

Nathan

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Call this guy: He has a very decent 60 or 61 sitting there. I thought I saw a 63 on the side of his barn as well.

Steve Averre: 1-360-430-0143 He is in Longview and that is where I got my fender.

Luva65wagon
September 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM
It was a pretty great day. Better than the day before when my radiator cap blew and spewed anti-freeze all over the place. :bicker:

Maybe next time we can make it in Centrailia? ;)