PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Picnic in Monroe Aug 11

Luva65wagon
July 28th, 2012, 11:22 PM
August 11th 2012 Dave's Picnic and Car Show, Monroe

Very impressive collection of classic cars and street rods; over 100 Indian motorcycles and even some airplanes. $15 admission includes a great lunch and a tour of the estate and its many amazing garages filled with car memorabilia.

We should all meet (those who come) at the gas station at the intersection just west of the Monroe Fair grouds at 9AM or sooner. We will caravan the remaining 1/8 mile up the hill to the grounds just above the gas station.

Please indicate all who are coming so we know who to wait for.

redfalken
July 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I guess I wasn't thinking and will have to skip this AGAIN! Knee surgery is 8/9 and I doubt I'll want to be walking around at a car show 2 days later...:mad:

MacDee
July 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I'm coming! Deb and I really enjoyed this show last year. We're looking forward to doing it again. I'm betting Freddie won't stall this year....

falcon cobra
July 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Is that all we can drum up is two or three, I posted the daves picnic on another thread a week or so ago and there was no responce at all, well at least dave will be there, I hope. thes is a great place to see....jh[yay]

pbrown
July 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I'm going if I can get the car back together in time.

SmithKid
July 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'm driving over 200 miles to attend.

redfalken
July 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
If you have a wheelchair and want to wheel me around all day...I may reconsider!

Luva65wagon
August 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I plan to try and bring both the Flarechero and the wagon. Now that will be interesting.

Just pinging this on the daily list again since I've been gone a couple weeks.

SmithKid
August 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Has there been any more thought about meeting somewhere and going in as a group (caravan)?

pbrown
August 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
It's looking like I won't have my car together in time. I'd like to ride with someone else if there is room.

BadBird
August 8th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I am going to try and make it. What time are you meeting at the station?

falcon cobra
August 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear that patrick, maybe you can drive kenny's car and we will find a wheel chair for him, he might like one with a 144 I6 under it....jh:rocker:

Luva65wagon
August 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I think the plan is still to meet up at the gas station down below at 9am. At least I've seen no other suggestions. If all goes well I will still have both my cars there.

Yeah... somebody should drive Kenny there in his car so he doesn't miss this. I've seen crutches around someones garage - haven't I?

Jeff W
August 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I am sad to say that I will not be able to go.:( I was looking forward to this all year.

SmithKid
August 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
OK, I'll be at the gas station below b/4 9 AM, and yes, I too know where there's a garage with a pair of crutches in it. Want me to bring them, Kenny?

doghows
August 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Someone come and get me. I don't have either of mine going yet. The delivery runs and drives but no doors, windows, hood, fenders,ect,ect,ect.
Going to the exhaust shop Sunday evening!!! Have fun guys and post some pics to keep me motivated. I still plan on making the regional.[thumb]

redfalken
August 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Knee surgery went well, or so I'm told. I don't remember talking to the surgeon afterwards but Jess says I was wide awake. He said I should recover well and be back to 100%. But again, they probably say that most of the time anyway!

I think I'll still have to pass on going to the show. They usually wear me out and end up being a long day even when I'm not hobbling around on one good knee. I'm spending today icing and elevating.

Someone take lots of photos and send a few to me for the next newsletter!

64SprintV8
August 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
:D - Hope the knee feels better soon. We really could have used some Red to go with the White and Blue. :BEER:

64SprintV8
August 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
More of same - Patrick has the real ones, unless he filled up on Gene's visage. :D (you had to be there for that one)

Here are some more random pics I took througout the day. http://sdrv.ms/SaLy1k

falcon cobra
August 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Hey thanks for the great picts of the show, sprint V8....jh:BEER:

falcon cobra
August 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM
So is everybody dead or did you not have a good time at DAVES PICNIC...?? :D....must be the heat..ah..jh

doghows
August 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I want to know how Roger drove both cars over there???

pbrown
August 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I want to know how Roger drove both cars over there???

[thumb][thumb]

http://www.motorsport-server.de/img/news/1298826256.jpg

pbrown
August 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM
So is everybody dead or did you not have a good time at DAVES PICNIC...?? :D....must be the heat..ah..jh

Sorry. Just woke up. Too much sun.

I'll be back next year.

falcon cobra
August 14th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Roger told me that SHE drove the wagon.....and now you know....jh

redfalken
August 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
So there's a "she" that you would let drive your Falcon??!! :WHATTHE:

Must be serious!

doghows
August 15th, 2012, 07:54 AM
That explains his absence from here?? Maybe all my whining about a honey do list has got him wanting one?? Or does he just need another project.

Luva65wagon
August 15th, 2012, 12:21 PM
"She" drove the Flarechero and now "she" is calling it her Ranchero. Don't know how that happened. :confused:

doghows
August 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Do we need to start keeping an eye out for another one for you then?? I know where there are a couple. (couple, get it haha)

All kidding aside that is cool that you have a "she" that is willing to even go to the shows with you.

Luva65wagon
August 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
LOL. She says I really like the wagon more anyway. And I said, "when did I say that?"

No... no new Falcons. Please.

I've been away a lot, yes, but also got hornswaggled into helping with a full kitchen gut and remodel a few weeks ago and that is eating up a lot of my time. Every day until it's done. But I try to get on here as often as I can - if I don't drop from exhaustion the second I get home.