PDA

View Full Version : West Seattle Show - Sunday Sept. 16th

Jeff W
August 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I know this is the day after the mini-regional.

Anyone besides me planning on attending?

http://wsjunctioncarshow.com/2012/

redfalken
August 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM
They let motorcycles in this year so I'm taking my Cl350. So I'll be there...just not taking up asmuch space as usual!

Jeff W
August 31st, 2012, 08:08 PM
I sent my pre-registration a few days ago. Hope this nice weather holds.

redfalken
September 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Looks like nice weather ahead! I rec'd my registration number via email last night. Here are some instructions in case anyone wants to show up without registering:

"You will enter the show grounds at the intersection of SW Alaska Street and 42nd Avenue SW in West Seattle. Entry will begin at 7:00 AM. PLEASE do not line up before 6:45 AM. This is a residential area as well as a business area, so please do not rev your engines in the morning."

And I would recommend breakfast at the Easy Street Records Cafe. The dishes are named after bands/musicians. Last year I had the "Rev. Horton Heat Hash"...maybe this year I'll try the "Dolly Parton Stack"! Plus you can flip through used vinyl while you wait for a table.

:rocker:

pbrown
September 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
My number came today via email. I'm in.

Jeff W
September 11th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I got mine also. We will have to pick a place to meet prior to entry.

BadBird
September 11th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I won't be able to make the shows this weekend. Hope the mini and this show are great. Have fun and see you later. Larry

pbrown
September 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I got mine also. We will have to pick a place to meet prior to entry.

There is a Starbucks at 4408 Fauntleroy Way SW. This is just on the other side of the West Seattle bridge. I figure that Kenny and I will head over together.

Jeff W
September 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Starbucks... sounds good.

We will miss you Larry. On the bright side that leaves the nicest Ford award open to me;) meaning your car is beautiful.

redfalken
September 12th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Sounds good to me. That might be a drive-thru only Starbucks. I can't remember but if it is we'll meet in the Taco Time lot next door. We can shoot for meeting there at 6:30??

I know...it sounds early...:cool:

Luva65wagon
September 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Limited to 300 cars... Has it ever been full? Might consider it depending on how the return from the mini goes.

Yes, 6:30 sounds very early. :D

Jeff W
September 12th, 2012, 04:15 PM
If you do come could you bring the two little window crank washers if you can find them? Maybe we can install the cranks over lunch. Hope to see you there. You can call the contact number and see what registration numbers are looking like.

Jeff W
September 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
One of our newest members, Eileen, just emailed me and will be meeting up with us.she lives in West Seattle.

Kenny, can you bring a window sticker for her?

redfalken
September 16th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Nice show! The weather couldn't have been better. And we got to hang out with a new member, Eileen and her `61 Ranchero.

And...I got the award for "Favorite Two Wheeler"! My competition was pretty sparse though. Two other cafe racers and a couple of scooters. But always nice to win![yay]

Jeff W
September 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Here are a few more.

Kenny, pat and Eileen waiting for the awards.

Jeff W
September 16th, 2012, 10:37 PM
more - Unfortunately Kenny moved too fast and I missed him getting the award (and hug).

doghows
September 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Guess I should have kept the van in the trailer and followed you guys home?? Patrick will that car fit in the back of my Van?
You guys must have been trashed by the end of the weekend. I was flat wore out when I got home. Looks like another fun time...

64SprintV8
September 21st, 2012, 10:41 AM
FYI - Kenny gets his award at about the 1:21 mark. :BEER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSaQupFFwFI

redfalken
September 22nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
I'd like to thank all the people that made this possible...:banana: