PDA

View Full Version : Van side step?

doghows
September 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Brian or anyone else, do you have a picture of the side step? I have mine cleaned up and powder coated but it was removed when I got the van. A picture is worth a thousand words so....
Thanks Steve.

BPVan
November 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Whoah, I missed this one. I will get a picture and scan my shop manual for the assembly if you still need it. Working this much puts me out of touch, hopefully ending soon.

doghows
November 8th, 2012, 07:45 AM
No worries, I have it most of the way installed, I just need to figure out the linkage part. I saw one at the mini regional and have a good idea but just need the time. Been too busy on the delivery to get it ready for paint. But it will be gone for a month or so and I can focus on the small thing for the van...

BPVan
November 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ou4dfn8ltmau6v/Econo%20Manual%2017-30.pdf

doghows
November 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks Brian, I was very close just need to move a piece and it should go right on.:D

olgraybeard
November 25th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Where did you find one of these I'd love to have a pair of these for my E-pup.

olgraybeard
November 25th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Are those a aftermarket or OEM item

doghows
November 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
That was a ford option on the vans, not sure if they had them for the pick-ups or not? I have not decide if mine is staying on or not? If not i will let you know.

BPVan
November 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
The side step was standard with the Falcon Bus (Passenger) models. The pickup never came with one as it did not have side doors. I have never seen anyone fab one in, you could be the first! You will have to scout eBay or the junk yard pretty well to get ahold of one.

olgraybeard
November 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Being that my a_ _ was built to close to the ground and the sides of the pickup are fairly high it would be a good option to reach into the bed of the pickup if it is what I'm envisioning. Any pics of one installed

doghows
November 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I will get some for you. That is if I can get home before dark... Part of the mechanism is inside the van so you might have to get creative on that bit.

olgraybeard
November 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Inside the van or inside the bed, should be the same, what I'm wondering is what it looks like open and closed and closed does it go under the rocker panel like a camper step would and when its open is the top of the step just under the rocker panel

doghows
November 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Yes, open it comes out from under the rocker panel, and closed all you see is the lip along the edge of the rocker.
Got home late last night and didn't get a chance to take a pic or two, but will try for tonight.
The part that is inside the van (bed) is a lever system so that when you open the van door is automatically moves the step out. I will get a pick of that as well.

BPVan
November 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The step does not move vertically, only horizontally but it is pitched slightly down (Or maybe thats just mine?). There is about 1 to 1-1/2" of clearance between the bottom of the rocker and the top of the step. On the vans there is a lever that attaches to the door that moves the step in and out.