PDA

View Full Version : 4 1962 falcons on craigslist

Nathan289
October 11th, 2012, 07:43 AM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/3330743929.html

4 falcons for $1500.. I'll have to check if that's each but the way i read it its all 4 for $1500.

2 rancheros.. one looks like a 63.

2 wagons. I'm interested in one wagon and maybe some parts.

Anyone want to go halvies?

Roger, Steve????

There looks to be more falcons on the property too.. start the rainier falcons recycling yard?

Nathan

falcon cobra
October 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Forget that guy, he is a dork, about 15 years ago I went and looked at those cars and was set to buy the wagons, all I needed was to get a way to get them to kirkland, then I found out he didn't have the titles. those cars look way worse than they did back then....jh:mad:

Nathan289
October 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Really? What a shame..
Seller claims go have titles..
Might be worth a flyer. One wagon and both rancheros look restoreable.

Nathan

falcon cobra
October 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM
It's a shane alright, one wagon was really nice, a wash job and wax and you could go to the show,the other was a parts car. his wife had the titles,and a bitter woman she was he said and devorse was on going, maybe he has them by now. good luck....jh

Nathan289
October 11th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Wow, 15 years to get the titles, must have waited for the bitter old woman to die. Or maybe its the bitter old woman selling them.

The blue 63 ranchero looks like it could be worth $1500 alone but one picture makes it hard to judge.

I'd only want the decent wagon if its decent.. maybe the windshield from the other wagon. My guess is they both have roof rot along the drip rails.

Still as hard of a time im having finding a wagon that isn't $8k or more..

A cheap enough project might be swingable

Nathan

Nathan289
October 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Well, the wife doesnt even want drive out to look.

I think the one wagon if solid enough would be a decent buy at $500..

Oh well, my search continues..

When did wagons become hard to find?

Nathan

doghows
October 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up John, I was set to go and get them all. I had my eye on the blue ranchero as well.....

Nathan289
October 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Let me know if the wagons are worth restoring.. maybe youll want to sell one..

Nathan

doghows
October 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I really need someone closer to Cle Elum to take a look at them for me. It is a 3.5 hr drive from here and I would need to make 2 trips to get them.
Maybe if you are interested in a wagon You could scoop up that one and I would just have to haul 3 of them home???

Nathan289
October 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Its a 3 hour drive for me too.

I'm only interested because its a cheap wagon..
I'd rather find a drivable wagon than a total resto..

I want to go look at them, but don't have the time..

SmithKid
October 15th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Whad'ya wanta know? I may be passing through Cle Elum on Wednesday.

Nathan289
October 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Gene,

You going fishing at soap lake?

If you stop let us know.

Nathan

SmithKid
October 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Normal lowland lakes season was over on the last day of last month, and my normal choice of where to fish this time of year is so low, I don't think I can get my flotation device to the water..... so I'm just taking some time for relaxation (this retirement stuff is tough). Do you live near Soap Lake now (not Spokane)?

Nathan289
October 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Gene..
Still live in the ghetto for now.. same place as the last time you stopped by.

Nathan

doghows
October 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Just curious if they are rust buckets or workable units?? Need to flip another car to finance the finishing of the delivery!!!:shift:

Nathan289
October 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Im wondering the same thing. Wish they were closer so i could take a look.

Even if one of them is buildable you might be able to make some coin.. that blue ranchero looks the cleanest.

The parts wagon looks to have five lug front suspension..

If the cleaner wagon is solid and not a pile of rust and bondo.. i might convince the wife to let me get it..

Nathan

SmithKid
October 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM
OK guys, I'll see how the timing works out for when I'm passing through. Maybe..... Steve, just for flipping, did you check out the Ranchero Roger & I saw at the Lynnwood P&P a couple weeks ago. It looked flippable to both of us.

doghows
October 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I did, was very tempted to go for that one, but you know I am a round fender guy...

SmithKid
October 18th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hope you guys aren't too disappointed in me. We ended up coming back thru Cle Elum late at night and I didn't get to stop. Sorry!

doghows
October 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM
You are so fired!!! Just kidding probably for the best. My wife thinks I have two many now??? Down to two.? The delivery and the van...
Your punishment will be a tech day at my house this spring to put the delivery together for the car show season!!![thumb]

Nathan289
October 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
No worries gene,

Something better will turn up.

Nathan

falcon cobra
October 20th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I'am still not sure why those falcons have never sold, I think it was almost 20 years ago I seen them, I'am sure we went to see them in my buick and that had to be in 91 or 92...he lives right in town and the cars are in his back yard..[ salvage yard ] ...how strange...jh:eek:

Nathan289
October 20th, 2012, 09:42 AM
It would be nice to see them saved. At $1500 for all four and they still havent sold, makes you wonder.

Nathan