PDA

View Full Version : XXX Root Beer - Dec 2 -Jingle Bell Cruise

Jeff W
November 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Jingle Bell Cruise and toys for tots.
December 2nd - Sunday
Website says 12:00 but don't we usually go earlier?

They have a Chicken Sandwich with my name on it.:BEER:

http://triplexrootbeer.com/

http://triplexrootbeer.com/Flyer/2012schedule.jpg

redfalken
November 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Last year we met at the Starbucks off Gilman in Issaquah Commons around 11:30, grabbed a coffee/pastry and cruised to XXX. It's just a few blocks down the road.

Let's plan on the same this year. And bring any toys you can donate. I'll be there unless it's raining heavy or snowing.

MacDee
November 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I attended last year without Freddie, but she's running plenty well enough now that I intend to attend WITH Freddie this year!

doghows
November 5th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hmmmm road trip for the Van?? She is running good, but no heater yet?

BPVan
November 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Heater??? You have the best heater of all between your seats!

Luva65wagon
November 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah - I'll try to be there too - weather being considered.

SmithKid
November 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
There sure are a lot of weather-related responses here..... I'm in the same boat :rain: with the additional consideration that I hope to have my car back together by then. The front end will be receiving some new components along with the disk brake setup purchased from another member.

Luva65wagon
November 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
The front end will be receiving some new components along with the disk brake setup purchased from another member.

By then? :WHATTHE:
Better get cracking!

SmithKid
November 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Did you hear that whip too?

Luva65wagon
November 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Keeping an eye on the Weather Channel and Sunday doesn't look very good for going to a show. Keeping a watch on it, but right now looks like :rain:

SmithKid
November 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I'm definitely not making it to this one. My parts aren't all here yet and then I have to set up an appointment for a front-end alignment. RATS!

MacDee
November 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Deb and I are going to go to the Cruise... without the Falcon... just for lunch and to support Toys for Tots. Our daughter and son-in-law live pretty close, so we'll stop off and visit our new granddaughter on the way home!

redfalken
November 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Well, the forecast has gone from 70% chance of rain to 90%. Not looking good for a dry show so far... :rain:

Jeff W
November 30th, 2012, 05:03 PM
That stinks. If its wet, I'll stay home.

Jeff W
December 2nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
An hour ago it was looking hopeful. Now it looks like crap. :rain:

See you next year:3g:

Luva65wagon
December 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Sadly the weather was down-right dreadful this weekend. I seriously doubt any cars made it to the show. I didn't even try. Now if it was snowing, that would have been an adventure!

:rain:

MacDee
December 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
I went... without Freddie. Had a nice lunch. Took a toy; got a dash plaque.
There were a few cars braving the rain, but lots of gearheads inside! Most, probably like me, came in their "daily" cars to have lunch and to see what DID show up!
Would have been a nice way just to get together!

doghows
December 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
That sucks that the weather didn't cooperate. I hope at least people brought by toys if nothing else.
I had a pretty sunny weekend over here??? "Blue Hole" was in effect.

Luva65wagon
December 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
I ended up helping a friend scope out a car that was made available to her; namely, a 93 Saturn 2-door coupe, which had new brakes, tires, and alternator and a mere 65,000 miles on it... all for only $300. She was very much in need of a reliable car, so I did my civic duty by helping her out.

I will put toys in a tots drive bin a before the season is over. Glad a few made it out in the non-blue hole we had over here.