PDA

View Full Version : Mecum Falcon

BadBird
December 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Not sure if any of you watched the Mecum Auto Auctions that just ended this last weekend. It was in Kansas City. I watched quite a bit of it and there were a bunch of cars that went for what I thought were ridiculously low prices. The one that I almost gagged on was a 1964 Falcon that was restored completely. It was a convertible, red, 6 cylinder and the engine bay looked great. It sold for $6,750 and if I would have been there I would have dug up that much money instantly. Larry

SmithKid
December 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I saw that particular episode also, and felt the same as you. It was a nice car, and a whale of a bargain for somebody!

BadBird
December 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Even my wife knows I would have bought that car. I am seriously thinking about going to KC next year for their Mecum auction. The whole time there were cars being sold well below their worth. Larry

Luva65wagon
December 13th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah - I missed that car, but was watching a few others on the block. Watching the prices of some really nice cars makes you wonder what planet people are (still on) when someone is trying to sell a junker locally for $6000.

:confused: