PDA

View Full Version : Door Panels

Marion
February 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Need Door panels or patterns to make door panels for a 64 falcon post.

thanks

falcon cobra
February 13th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I thought we were here to help people? and no one will anser the two questions that have been ask. why is that?? marion look up jake at northwest falcon interiors he is in ballard,and about the kickdown linkage check your local salvage yard or e-bay... I can see who has been on the forum and none of you know anything to help others....:ROTFLMAO:

Marion
February 13th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I know of Jake in Seattle, Just a bit rich for my blood, I was looking for patterns or someone selling door panels. seeing how im changing seats and all in my ride I will not be needing factory style panels. However my next Falcon built for my wife will be all if not mostly stock. Stella (as i have named my Falcon) will be a bit of a learning curve so as I build my wife's Falcon I will know the ins and outs of these cars. Thanks Cobra for the response. I just Joined the FCA last night so I will be a paid member here once i get my number. I am Curious if there is a way to make a south Chapter of the Rainier Chapter seeing that those that live and work south of Tacoma can't seem to make meetings up there. I know it will be hard for me to make it up that way on a week night.

BadBird
February 13th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Leave it to me to open my mouth. Why, Falcon Cobra, put a note in this saying no one would help. Can't you see the thousands of help messages from the members? Especially Roger, Pat, Kenny etc etc etc and others that have vast Falcon knowledge.

I saw both of these messages and I don't have any response (knowledge)so it doesn't make sense for all of us who know nothing about the questions to reply that information. If any of us who visit the site know the answers we give it. So cut everyone some slack and apologize. Larry

Marion
February 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hey BadBird, I'm sure I will open my mouth as well one day I have plenty of time to work on the Falcon unless I get hit by a train soon. LOL I don't expect answers right away, but it would be cool to have a member offer to pull panels and make a pattern or we could make a day of it somewhere with a BBQ and a beer or whatever they drink. Either way I will update and save patterns for those not wanting to pay the high prices for NOS parts.

SmithKid
February 13th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I also didn't respond as I didn't have anything to say that anyone already in this crazy hobby wouldn't already know, and I had no panels to offer. Marion, I don't know if my Ranchero panels are the same as your 2-door, but would be willing to gently pull them for a pattern to be copied. If you strike out and mine are the same, I'd be willing to meet with you to accomplish that.

While reading John's rant, the thought crossed my mind as to why he hadn't volunteered his info before that also. Maybe he just wants to rant?

BadBird
February 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Maybe I am a nut, but my darn panels were too hard to get on and adjusted to where I needed them. There has to be an easier way to get patterns though.

SmithKid
February 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Normally I'd agree with you, Larry. But at some point in the near future I need to remove my passenger side door panel for an adjustment to my door popper. I believe the driver side is just the reverse. So.... if Marion chooses to, I will be willing to make the two needs coincide.

Marion, if you choose to do this, contact me through a PM so that we can set a date/time and exchange phones and location.

Marion
February 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Gene, if you need to remove them that would be great. I will even help with your adjustments. Im sure they are reverse of each other. I can do the pattern on huge paper and keep it handy for others that need it.. Will PM you my number. Thanks.

SmithKid
February 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Not a problem. Also, I have the remnant of a roll of kraft paper here from another project recently completed.

Marion
February 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Gene, Looking forward to meeting with you tomorrow thank you for helping me with the door panels.

Marion
February 16th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Can't wait to get started. It was great meeting you and thank you for ripping off the door panel to let me get a template. I was wrong about the Piece over the door panel on the doors, :ROTFLMAO: its only on the rear Panels. I knew such a piece existed I just had it placed in the wrong spot. the Chero panels match up with my doors. [BOW]

SmithKid
February 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Glad to help, Marion.

Marion
February 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
So as you know Gene Helped me with the door panel template. Just a small update i found the rear seat panels for my car which are shot but well enough to make my template from. I will save all templates in case someone down the road needs to use them...