PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun contest

Alsprint
July 4th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Ok, I have the bird on the rotisserie, and am scraping the bottom end. Kenny made a statement about how much dirt would be on the bottom so here we go!

How many pounds of combined dirt and undercoating do you think will come off the bottom of the car.

The contents are placed in a QFC paper grocery bag and weighed. The winner will be to the nearest 1/2 pound. The prize is the honor (or the bag of undercoating if desire)
I have not quite finished the bottom but am getting close so start the chatter! Ak

redfalken
July 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Very interesting. Well let's see if "first thought, best thought" really holds true. The first thing that popped into my head was 23 lbs. so I'm going with that. I'm probably low???

Jeff W
July 4th, 2007, 09:44 PM
3-1/2 pounds if you don't count the rusted panels removed...

new_falcon_owner
July 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
my first thought was 12lbs, looks pretty clean under there

BillP 98201
July 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I say 16 pounds

MacDee
July 11th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Okay, okay...I'll play!
14 pounds.

Alsprint
July 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I say 16 pounds

Congrats Bill!!!! it is 16 pounds of lovely black tar undercoating that was removed from the bottom side! Did you want the bag of undercoat as the prize or is the title of winner enough? Thanks for playing!

I will keep you all updated as to the progress. I am going to assemble the blasting booth around it and hit it as soon as I clean the undercoating off the inside quarter panels....
Thanks again to Larry for selling me the rotisserie uppers and blasting booth, and to Kenny for the metal for the center of the rotisserie! It's great and appreciated when members help members! Al

BillP 98201
July 17th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Wow thats lots of scraping

redfalken
July 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Looks solid Al! Good job. I'll bet having it flipped on it's side made things a bit easier. Still lots of work though.

Some day I'd like to do the same to mine. Are you planning on a fresh coat of undercoating?

pbrown
July 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM
You should get it to bare metal and put a coat of epoxy on. Then add undercoating.

Luva65wagon
July 20th, 2007, 05:40 PM
And as I mentioned to you previously via email -- weld up some sub-frame connectors for it! Stiffen that baby up. I'll help fabricate them for you!
:)

pbrown
July 20th, 2007, 05:46 PM
And as I mentioned to you previously via email -- weld up some sub-frame connectors for it! Stiffen that baby up. I'll help fabricate them for you!
:)

That would be a good idea but they should not be added to the car while on the rotisserie. It needs to be flat and supported at the suspension points.