PDA

View Full Version : Monroe Swap Meet

MacDee
March 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
What days were the Monroe swap meet? I don't have my notes from the March 2013 meeting and can't remember....
I believe I will be able to do a shift at the booth this year! :WHATTHE:

Luva65wagon
March 22nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
May 18/19 are the public dates. We'll probably not setup until Saturday, but I may go on Friday just because I can. ;) Others who want to go on Friday can, but we have to use the Vendor pass to get it.

redfalken
March 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Jeff and I are carpooling for a Saturday shift. Maybe Brian too?

And we talked about possibly getting a Falcon parked in our space. If you weren't at the meeting Weds., we have a corner shaped space that looks pretty large. At least on the map. We could probably park a car to get attention and still have room for the 10' X 10' awning and a couple of 6' tables for parts.

So...any volunteers to show off there ride? I personally think it would be cool to display a fairly stock time capsule if we can. But I'm sure anything old and shiny will attract attention. Roger...your wagon's pretty stock but I know you're also hauling parts.

SmithKid
March 22nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
My calendar shows me available for the entire week-end, and one of my specialties is to hold down a chair. I'll cover at least one day.

There probably aren't too many cars more representative of the Falcon than yours, Kenny.

Luva65wagon
March 27th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I'll be there probably all three days. But Sunday will be my manning the booth day assuming the weather is good and we stay. Will be there in the booth Saturday too for any of you who want to trek out into the yard. Hopefully will find anything I want to get on Friday and get that out of my system.

I will likely be bringing other cars to the corral too, so probably can't bring the wagon for the booth.

BPVan
March 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I'm for Saturday in but I will need to leave by noon. I wouldn't mind walking the grounds early for an hour then I can help at the booth.

redfalken
March 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
There probably aren't too many cars more representative of the Falcon than yours, Kenny.

Mine's beginning to be a 20-footer with 14 years on the bodywork and paint job...and no garage. I'll bring it if no one else steps up. That might give me a chance to get some detailing done while you're entertaining the crowd!

But...anyone out there with a nice survivor or stock restoration, please feel free to volunteer and show off your ride.

Where's Curt? He's got a beautifully restored `69. Here's a shot from the 2005 Nationals. We drove to San Rafael in a caravan. Really nice guy but I haven't seen him in several years.

68FalconSC
April 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Where's Curt? He's got a beautifully restored `69. Here's a shot from the 2005 Nationals. We drove to San Rafael in a caravan. Really nice guy but I haven't seen him in several years.

That's a '67, not a '69 Kenny. Unless he put '67 front fenders on a '69. The little "scallops" on the fenders were a '67 only thing.

I would like to help at the swap meet too. I should be availible most, if not all weekend. Jon

redfalken
April 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Jon...you are correct on that. Even the name of the photo says `67. That was either a typo or a brain fart!

Jeff W
April 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Here is an example of a mostly stock 1968.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=RDldwiVYtgI&feature=relmfu&nomobile=1

Jeff W
May 9th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Getting close so I thought I would tickle this thread. I am planning on being in the booth Saturday. Will be there Starurday from start until close - would like a break late morning for a quick walk around.

What are the other plans/needs?

SmithKid
May 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
My current plans are to be there both Friday and Saturday. I also told Roger that if he's still on jury duty, I will volunteer to load up my truck with whatever is going to the swap meet for the club and get it there for setup. (I don't think Roger has received any items yet.) If Roger can't make it there Friday, I'd certainly be grateful for someone to assist in the setup. I could be there Sunday also, but that isn't my current plan.

redfalken
May 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Well, dang me! I'm probably not going to be able to make it now. I forgot my aunt had called a few weeks back. She has a layover at Seatac for a few hours Sat. morning and I really want to visit with her.

Sorry for the last minute. I may be able to come out for a few hours in the afternoon but if you want a Falcon to display, someone else will have to volunteer.

:(

BPVan
May 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Gene -

I would be happy to give you a hand if you need it.

Luva65wagon
May 11th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Well totally spaced out sending the announcement email for Wednesday meeting. Will do that now. But I may have a better idea what Friday will be like. Have been serving on jury duty for weeks now with no end in sight, so we'll see how Friday works out.

To be clear, I wasn't going on Friday to setup. Maybe, at most, scope the area out. It's usually the best day to shop the bigger vendors.

So if anyone is going, try to be at the meeting Wednesday to get more details, but we will post final details here too.

SmithKid
May 11th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Wow. It seems as though I really misunderstood your intent for Friday :confused::o. So.... Can I retract my earlier statements and offers for Friday? Please? In light of the above, I probably won't be going until Saturday. But I still volunteer my truck to transport stuff to/from the meet if that is needed.

Luva65wagon
May 11th, 2013, 09:12 PM
We'll discuss all this on Wednesday. No problem.

BadBird
May 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Carol and I are planning on being at the meeting on Wednesday, and if needed I will try my best to be at the swap meet on Saturday or Sunday. Also, if you want me to bring my car Saturday or Sunday let me know. Larry

falcon cobra
May 17th, 2013, 09:36 AM
So who is going to the S/M tomorrow? haven't herd much about it for a while...jh

Luva65wagon
May 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I plan to bring the Comet to the swap tomorrow to try and sell it. As a club, were not thinking about hanging around for Sunday and as such do I hear any objections to parking the Comet next to the booth? I know it's the "other Falcon" but they charge $35 to put a car in the corral now and if it rains, like they say, I don't think it will be worth paying $35 for only one day. If people think it will send the wrong message, I'll be OK with that, but I think it'll draw attention to the booth/club even if it's not a Falcon.

Any comments?

Bill Williams and I went there today and setup the tent and put a table under it and sealed it up for the night. We didn't get too much time in as I wanted to shop around because he had to get get home, but it's all there. If you have anything to bring, we have a really nice space, so there's plenty of room. Whoever gets there first, try and setup as much as you can.

As for the "who-all will be there", we did discuss this at length at the meeting, Wednesday. Most everyone is only wanting to do Saturday, so most everyone who is coming is coming by 8AM on Saturday. Because I have the window placard, I'll try to get there early. If anyone shows early, give me a call and I can get you in at the car coral gate.

Jeff W
May 17th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Roger - Go for the Comet at the booth. It will draw some people over... if you love the Falcon you certainly know the Comet. Plus if it rains I'll have somewhere dry and warm to sit and sulk (get a full tank of gas please).

If we take everything away Saturday @ close, I can throw the table and big items in my van and take them home so you won't have to get them in your Comet or come back later to pick-up. You can get them after work someday as I'm close you your day job. Alternatively, if you sell the Comet, I'll bring you and the junk to your house after the swap.

Luva65wagon
May 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM
OK. Thanks Jeff. And the heater does work nice.

Jeff W
May 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM
OK. Thanks Jeff. And the heater does work nice.

Only when the engine is running... which is why I need a full tank for eight hours of idling. :banana:

BadBird
May 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Best wishes at the swap meet and I hope the comet sells. I am headed to my Great Granddaughters 1st birthday. Stay warm and see you all at the BCC show if all goes well. Larry

Jeff W
May 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Long but good day. It drizzled a few times but we never had the promised rain. While we were packing up at 5:15PM the sun decided to finally come out.

We sold a few things but more importantly handed out about 110 club cards to interested Falcon owners.

Very special thanks to Jay B, Gary M. and Roger M. for helping man the booth. Gary designed and built a very nice rigging contraption for our club banner. Always great to see many faces I only know from the forum. I appreciated those that stopped in and introduced themselves. Gina even made it over from the peninsula.

It was an amazing location... high traffic and quiet neighbors[thumb]

Luva65wagon
May 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Yep, we have a winner spot now. We need to keep it, though I heard rumors floating about that the fair grounds may want some things to change next year. We'll see what those might be.

The spot nicely accommodated the Comet and would present any car we decide to bring out there. Didn't feel crowded at all. We had a lot of people stop because the car was there, so that too should be the plan in the future.

And of course, letting people know we exist is the reason for being there and I think we did good at that. Selling a few parts helped too. ;)