PDA

View Full Version : Ford Picnic - June 2, 2013

pbrown
May 15th, 2013, 07:42 PM
This is an annual event for the club. All Falcons are welcome. Please plan to join us for this show. We will meet at the Factoria Burger King and the drive over as a group.

More details to follow.

MacDee
May 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
What time do we leave from Burger King?

redfalken
May 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
We leave the Burger King around 9:00 am. I usually show up at 8:30 for some chow.

http://www.efv8psrg.org/ (http://www.efv8psrg.org/ford_picnic.htm)

Luva65wagon
May 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I'm debating whether to test drive the wagon to this show or drive the Comet. Have not driven the wagon since Dave's picnic last year when it went into the garage to get the clutch and shifter bits rebuilt. It needs to come out to play, but want to shake out any last issues with the Comet too. Too many cars and not enough drivers... What to do, what to do...

Jeff W
May 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
What to do, what to do...

Duh?[thumb]

Luva65wagon
May 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Duh... [slapping forehead]

:p

redfalken
May 31st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Weather looks like it should be nice for a car show this weekend. 70* with a few clouds and no talk of rain!

See you there!

Roger - Unless you've acquired a transport trailer, I vote Comet since I haven't seen it up close yet.

Luva65wagon
June 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Nope, no car transport trailer yet.... so I'm leaning towards Comet too, just so I can show it one time before maybe selling it. I'll either park it at the far end of the aisle - or right in the middle of us all and we'll have a Comet on Falcon sandwich.

How many of you are meeting up at the Factoria Burger King in the morning? We'll wait for any of you to get there by 9AM, but then we head out from there pretty soon after that. If you're meeting up at BK, but haven't made it there by 9AM, we might wait an extra minute or two if we know you're coming. :D

See you all in the morning.

SmithKid
June 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Count me in for BK at 9:00.

redfalken
June 1st, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'll be there.

I also got an email from Eileen and it sounds like she plans on being there. She was having trouble logging on and replying to the forum thread. I'll have to look into that.

Jeff W
June 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
I will be there as well.

Eileen F
June 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
See you all at BK before 9 - won't forget my chair.
Eileen

Gina K
June 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a great time, wish I could join you. It's my dads 87th birthday so I need to spend time with him. I hope I can attend another upcoming event.
Have fun and take lots of pics to post.

falcon cobra
June 1st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Hey patrick is there any chance you could bring your wide band A/F meter? :BEER:...jh

BadBird
June 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Carol and I will be there. See you all. Larry

Luva65wagon
June 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM
If anyone on the north end wants to caravan to BK - Gene is coming to my hose at 8AM to leave then. Let me know by morning if you're interested.

SmithKid
June 1st, 2013, 09:43 PM
I could even take a rider if interested.

falcon cobra
June 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
I was a great day in bird land, and it looks like they need to be fed, with all the beeks open. good to see ya all...jh:3g:

SmithKid
June 2nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Yup! Enjoyed the day greatly! I counted 10 Falcons and one lonely Comet in our group, and saw a few other Falcons straggled elsewhere. All in all, a great showing. Too bad there was no Sedan Delivery represented.

doghows
June 2nd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Just had to put that out there didn't you. I'm working on it. Maybe ill have to tow it over one time just so everyone doesn't think I am photoshopping these pics.

Lawrence
June 2nd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures. I sure hope to make it, in the Falcon, next summer! The event will give me a target date to work towards.

I spent the morning in Edmonds, trying to start-up her-up, but it was another no go. I'm going to post an update on the "tech" board. And would welcome suggestions and / or assistance.

redfalken
June 2nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Great turnout and a nice day for a show. Here's a few more shots.

redfalken
June 2nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
And a couple more.

SmithKid
June 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Steve, what makes you think I was referring to your car (trying to project :D innocence)? We did miss you though! Keep that painters fire lit!

Luva65wagon
June 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Great pano's Kenny! Is that a feature of the camera, or Photoshop?

Do I deserve double shots of the same pic though?

For those not there I am shown helping Jay Baker put his new chrome bezel on his dash, and then install the glove box on his beautiful '65 Futura. I didn't anticipate it taking as long as it did to put the dash together for him, but was glad I could help. I'm sure it bugged the heck out of him to have the gaping hole always in front of him. Sadly the speedo cluster we chose from his ample supply (simply because it looked the best) is making noise up to 15 MPH and we'll have to yank it out again and put back the one he had been using before - with the chrome this time. But until then, he'll just have to keep it above 15 MPH.

[AGREE]

I had a brief, yet shocking, conversation with Jay shortly after. He asked when we might be having another meeting like this one. I said, you mean meet at a car show? He said yes, and then indicated this was his first-ever car show! :WHATTHE: Pardon me Jay for calling this out, but you have such nice cars, I think we would have all expected you did this to show them off. But apparently it's just because you like them so much. I think others will echo we'd like to see you at more shows with your car. Impeccable quality. Glad to have had a hand in it in some small part.

redfalken
June 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Fixed the double take! Though you DO deserve it for all the hard work you put into Jay's dash!!

The panoramas are from the iPhone. Does a great job and they look even better in high res where you can zoom in on the details.

Jay's first car show??!! That's hard to believe. We gotta get him out more often...