PDA

View Full Version : I spotted a 1961 Dodge Lancer

ew1usnr
June 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I took this picture from the street. I didn't want to trespass. This is a 1961 or 1962 Dodge Lancer two-door. They came with a 101 horsepower slant six. The Dodge Lancer was a compact competitor to the Falcon that was only made in 1961 and 1962. It was very similar to the 1960 and 1961 Plymouth Valiant. In 1963 in was replaced by the Dodge Dart. The car is missing its hood and trunk lid and I have been told that it has been sitting there for at least the past eight years. Because of the missing trunk lid, the trunk would be rusted out and the interior would be rotted. That is too bad because this would have been a beautiful car when it was new.

Jeff W
June 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I particularly like the tiny rear wooden spoke wheel:ROTFLMAO:

I can't recall ever seeing the two door version. That would be fun to have.

redfalken
June 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I took this photo last month in the Red Mill Burgers parking lot near the Ballard locks.

Luva65wagon
June 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Because of the missing trunk lid, the trunk would be rusted out and the interior would be rotted.

And how does that differ from 90% of the Falcons we, here in the Northwest, restore all the time? Rot usually stops somewhere - and you just start from there! Go look at what my Ranchero looked like once I removed all the rot.

:banana:

ew1usnr
June 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Rot usually stops somewhere - and you just start from there!

Hello, Roger.

You have a point. The water in the trunk probably created its own drain holes.

falcon cobra
June 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Was there gators in there...?:confused: