PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game

Vikingblu
July 27th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Hello everyone. I've recently acquired a 1963 Futura convertible.
It has been garaged for 33-35 years. My Father purchased the car in '78. and we cleaned it up a bit when I was a teenager. Needs some TLC, minor interior paint, and a top, but otherwise a nice driver.
Hope to meet some other owners soon, as this car needs some miles put on it.

redfalken
July 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Welcome! Nice looking ride! Do all Futuras have bright metal work (stainless?) rocker panels? I hadn't noticed them before but they go nice with that blue.

Vikingblu
July 28th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Welcome! Nice looking ride! Do all Futuras have bright metal work (stainless?) rocker panels? I hadn't noticed them before but they go nice with that blue.

I am no expert, I believe the Futura is the deluxe model, and should have the rocker trim. As well as the fender "sights".

Gina K
July 28th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Welcome,
That's a beautiful car, keep us posted with your progress.

SmithKid
July 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Pretty car, Dave. Hope you can attend and bring her to a Club meeting so we can kick the tires with you.

Vikingblu
July 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Pretty car, Dave. Hope you can attend and bring her to a Club meeting so we can kick the tires with you.
Dont kickem too hard, they may pop! ;)

If you dont mind me asking, when and where are the meetings?

SmithKid
July 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Next scheduled meeting: Sept. 18th @ 7 PM? Our PREZ will be out of town and we may reschedule. It'll be posted on this Forum if it is rescheduled.

Luva65wagon
July 30th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Very nice car. Someday I will have me one of those or a hardtop. Would rather have a 63 1/2 something rather than my wagon any day. Of course, then I'd have to change my username. Oh well, would sacrifice that.

Welcome! We'll be gentle on your tires.

We generally meet on odd months on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. We just met last week because we had a lot of members vacationing the week before. I will be at a trade show that week of the next meeting a Gene indicated, so we will decide in early September whether to go one week early or one week late - or do it without me. :(