PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Mini Regional pics

Gina K
August 24th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I had a great time but am oh so tired. Steve...the Sedan Delivery pic is for you!

doghows
August 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Nice thanks Gina. How many falcons were there this year?

redfalken
August 25th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Here's a few more for the collection. Had a nice time and saw some pretty cool Falcons & Comets.

Monte and Allen (from the Columbia River club) mentioned we should consider having it up here next year. Something to consider!

falcon cobra
August 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe about 30 or so, nice comet...and I was a great and long day, plus good food...jh[AGREE]

ew1usnr
August 25th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Hello, Gina.

Is your brown (maybe maroon) Comet a 1963? I like the little tail fins. The six tail lights and wrap-around front bumper look nice also.

In picture "IMG_1144.jpg (4 of 5)" the tail of the brown Comet is close up and there looks to be a black Comet in the background.

Thanks, Dennis.

Voodoofalcon
August 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM
A few of my favorites

falcon cobra
August 25th, 2013, 04:04 PM
We are sure lucky the show was yesterday, it's rainning cats & dogs down there today. that would be a real bummer after all the good weather we have had this summer...:WHATTHE:..jh

Gina K
August 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Yes, we were blessed by perfect car show weather. Dennis....my Comet is a 62 S-22 which is kinda the Futura of Comets. The three tail lights, bucket seats with a console. The black one was a 62 also but the plain jane version and not an S-22.

falcon cobra
August 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Here you go ..jh

Gina K
August 26th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Good thing I only REALLY only like the early years. But seriously I love my car. She is worn out from the long drive and is doing some weird surging now. It's always something.

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I took quite a few pics also, they are of the same cars but you might want to see them anyway. There will be several more attachments to get them all. It was a good show and enjoyed the time.

There was one mustang guy who asked if he could come in and I told him hell no. Not very nice.:banana:Larry

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:27 PM
More pics of the mini-regional

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:29 PM
More mini-regional pics

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
More mini-meet pics

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
More pics from the mini-meet

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM
More and more pics

BadBird
August 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM
This is the last pics.

redfalken
August 26th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Great work Larry! Thanks for posting all those individual shots. There sure were a lot of nice cars there.

Luva65wagon
August 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Ah man... there is a pic of me with my hands in the Crispe Creme box!

Was a great day. Sadly I realized on the way home I didn't even take one picture - so busy talking about vacuum advance and Autolite 1100 carburetors. :o

Good to see so many of you did take pictures.

For future notes... we are being asked to host it next year, so please be thinking towards that and making plans to attend. We had 4 Falcons out of the 35+ cars, so it would be nice to see everyone who is local to make the mini-trek to the one we host. ;)

doghows
August 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
The car is at the upholstery shop now when it's back it's go time. Meetings, events, show,ect if I have gas money I'm there.

ew1usnr
August 27th, 2013, 04:07 PM
You guys included a picture of a Mercury "Ranchero" (see below). I never knew that these existed. What years were they made? What were they called?

Thanks, Dennis.

Luva65wagon
August 27th, 2013, 04:18 PM
They are like the Jackalope - plenty of them out there, but fabricated by humans.

This guy built it this way. The story on the hood said that Canada created the Ranchero under the Mercury badge (just like pickups) until the 1960 model. So he took up the idea of "what if" and built this "Commachero" as he called it. It was for sale... $11,500. I have his card if you are interested.

ew1usnr
August 27th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks, but I can't buy another car for numerous reasons.

He did a really good job, though, on the fabrication of the counterfeit Mercury pickup.

BadBird
August 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
First mini-regional for me and it was fun. Met some outstanding people and saw some great cars. My question is......did it seem like not many Falcons showed up, or is that to be expected. I honestly thought there would be more cars. Not complaining and if that is what we should expect, then lets go for it.

I hope we discuss this further at the next meeting. I believe with a lot of leg work we can draw in a bunch of sponsors, advertise, with sponsors help offer trophies, come up with associated sponsors being at the exhibit, selling. Food vendors, or at a local that is more upstage to bring in families. This one was good, but we can be great. Sorry, got me started. I would like to do this, as if you couldn't tell. Larry

Gina K
August 29th, 2013, 09:53 AM
My first mini too and I had a great time. My co-pilots back was out so she was a hurtin' unit but no regrets. I'm with Larry, I think we should host next years. I don't have any grand ideas to make it better but am willing to help out when the time comes. Probably wont be at the meeting so now you have my thoughts.

SmithKid
August 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I also think this would be a good thing to do and would be willing to work on it. For the vote: AYE!

doghows
August 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'm in. And I'll have a car this time.
I did a bronco event in Arizona for a few years and built it up to 300 broncos and had 12k in raffles prizes. So I'm in.