PDA

View Full Version : Final assembly party

doghows
September 16th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Well it looks like its finally time. The delivery comes home from the upholstry shop Thursday. So I think the following weekend September 28th will be the day. It's a Saturday and the extended weather looks decent.
I have room in th garage for at least one more car and room outside for lots more in the driveway. So we can tech day it and take care of a lot of stuff.
I am in the process of asking my wife nicely for her help with some food options. Will have sodas and water but feel free to BYOB.
Good chance to meet new people, help work on cars, or get help with yours. Give me an idea if you can make it so I can plan out food a bit if you've never been here I think it's about 1.5 hrs from Seattle. PM me with question or directions. Starting time around 9am finish ???
Hope to see you here and meet some new people. Steve.

dhbfaster
September 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Steve, Roger,
What time are you guys thinking in terms of schedule for pizza, club meeting time and time at the car?

Luva65wagon
September 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I generally try to make the 7:55 Edmonds ferry to allow starting by about 9:30 at the latest. They are on about a 50-55 minute schedule, so if you miss the 7:55, the next is 8:50am.

Anybody who wants to come can meet at my place or we can meet somewhere near the ferry terminal. We can hash that out during the week.

I have room for 4 including myself.

dhbfaster
September 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
I'm in. I'll probably leave 7ish from Federal Way and drive south through Tacoma...putting me over there about 9am, and I should leave there around 1-ish for some other commitments. I can comfortably take 1 or 2 more if anyone else wants to ride over or back with me. Really looking forward to seeing Steve's ride and meeting some of you I haven't had a chance to meet yet....and Steve, let me know if I can bring anything.

63Sprint
September 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I don't have my Sprint or Ranchero any longer but I live in PA and would love to help out.

Terry

doghows
September 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Im going to have sodas and water, beer is on you if you want to. As long as your not driving I don't mind.. I should have any tools needed and tape and glue for the seals. Unless anyone has good short cuts or easier ideas for installing all the seals and gaskets bring em..
Still need wiring done dash install glove box ect ect... Lots to do and like Roger said its a 3 bay shop so if anyone (GINA) needs something done bring it..
If you need directions drop me a pm and ill get them for you..
see you all on saturday...:banana:

BillP 98201
September 23rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Hide the sawzall from Steve! Wish I could guys, but dang it! I have to work. Keep me posted

Gustus
September 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Since I live in Poulsbo, I think I will have to come meet Steve and everyone who comes to Sequim. I've been a member for a few months but my wagon is not driveable until I finish putting it back together so I have not made a meeting. I am in the process of installing an after market wireing harness which is a bit of a challenge but is coming together. I am interested in seeing what Steve has done to his ride.
Steve, what is your address?
Paul

doghows
September 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Sent you a PM

Voodoofalcon
September 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a good time but the boss shipped me to Mining camp in Alaska for the next 2-3 weeks. :mad:

Your delivery looks awesome, hope to see it in person someday.

redfalken
September 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I generally try to make the 7:55 Edmonds ferry to allow starting by about 9:30 at the latest. They are on about a 50-55 minute schedule, so if you miss the 7:55, the next is 8:50am.

Anybody who wants to come can meet at my place or we can meet somewhere near the ferry terminal. We can hash that out during the week.

I have room for 4 including myself.

Hey Roger! I'll take one of those seats. What time should I be at your place? Is there coffee and breakfast planned or should I get some before?

doghows
September 24th, 2013, 11:10 PM
What I'm sorry did I hear Krispy Kreme??? Oh sorry I just get that thought anytime I hear ferry ride.
See you guys on Saturday.

Luva65wagon
September 24th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I usually head out from here by 7am to make it there by 7:55 with a few minutes to spare. McD's on either side of the water is my usual routine, but if you want to swing by the 130th KK and pick up a few of those, that would make Steve's day more than the assembly party may.

doghows
September 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Gene, haven't heard from you yet, will you be able to make it?? I need those clips that hold the fresh air seal in place on the passenger side installed and I already have the heater in place...:ROTFLMAO: Just kidding would love it if you could make it over as well.. After all you were the inspiration for shaving my door handles off...:rocker:

SmithKid
September 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Steve, still up in the air as to making it this week-end. I'm gonna be very disappointed if I can't! :mad: Any chance this is looking like a 2 week-end affair?

BPVan
September 25th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I am in as well. I will meet Roger at the ferry terminal if there is a seat available. I'll bring my wiring tools.

doghows
September 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Roger said he has 4 seats so you should be fine and yes wiring will be the hardest stuff to tackle. I think I need to try and find some more crimp terminals to be on the safe side.
Thanks guys its getting closer.

BPVan
September 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I have a really good crimp tool and connectors. For splices I will be more pro and do solder/heat shrink. Maybe Gene can bring his solder pencil with the built in power plant :D

doghows
September 25th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Well looks like the weather is going to suck so I think I'll pick up some fuel for the heater and maybe ill set up the rv so we don't track stuff into the main house.
I have a couple soldering irons here but not sure how good they are. Any way if you bring supplies keep track of stuff and ill reimburse as needed. I'm sure ill forget something.

doghows
September 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Need a favor; does anyone have a Falcon fender script badge that I can borrow for a week or so?? My pinstripe guy wants to use that for a visual aid in doing the show sign for my car. I will return it just need to use it for a few days. I can't seem to find all the badges that came off my car???
If so could someone bring it over with them on Saturday? Thanks Steve:rain:

Gustus
September 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I have a bird but no script.

doghows
September 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Ok so turns out we will be installing the front glass. I swear this town is all on crack!! Ill post the whole story in the reconstruction thread.
So what kind of glue do I need for that?? I have two windshield gasket all the trim and new glass. I have the black tubes of stuff for the door seals but not sure if that is used on the glass. Thank everyone.

falcon cobra
September 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Steve it's called windshild sealer [black] and it's like claulk. can get it at a auto parts store. I have a rear fender falcon scrip you can use but I can't go sat...jh

doghows
September 26th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks John maybe some one can scoop it up from you and bring it with them.. Anyone close to John?? Id trade a T-shirt for whoever can bring it for there troubles. John Ill give you one too.. Thanks..

Jeff W
September 26th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Maybe I used the wrong stuff:confused:

I used "3M Automotive Bedding and Glazing Compound". My well stocked Napa had it on the shelf. It came in a standard caulk tube and seemed to work good. I also used it for my wagon's other fixed glass (which your delivery doesn't have).

http://3mcollision.com/3m-auto-bedding-and-glazing-compound-08509-1.html

I will be in Oak Harbor this weekend but sending good energy your way.

I owe you the window setting tape used to hold your chrome strip to the top of your rear window. I need to order enough for both of our wagons. I'll get going on that order and snail mail it to you :o

have fun you guys

Luva65wagon
September 26th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Should's read this thread first. Yes, that's the stuff, Jeff. I can try and pick up a tube tomorrow for you Steve, if you can't get it local. Won't have a lot of time to run around, but anybody wanting to send something to Steve can run it over to my place tomorrow at any time of the day.

On the subject of the commute...

Kenny and Brian so far.

Should we just meet at the 205th Home Depot/Costco parking lot and then nobody has to drive any further north? That might give Kenny a few extra minutes to swing by Krispe Kreme! :banana:

Luva65wagon
September 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Can the emblem you need for art be done with just printing something like this out?

doghows
September 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
I did that but he want a real one too?? Artists.

redfalken
September 26th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Should's read this thread first. Yes, that's the stuff, Jeff. I can try and pick up a tube tomorrow for you Steve, if you can't get it local. Won't have a lot of time to run around, but anybody wanting to send something to Steve can run it over to my place tomorrow at any time of the day.

Kenny and Brian so far.

Should we just meet at the 205th Home Depot/Costco parking lot and then nobody has to drive any further north? That might give Kenny a few extra minutes to swing by Krispe Kreme! :banana:

OK, you twisted my arm. Krispy Kreme it is. I think there's one on the way up Aurora around 125th. Meeting at Home Depot sounds good. I'll give you a call when I get there.

What time do you want me there?

doghows
September 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
OK my parts store only had the 3M window bedding stuff so I bought a tube. $25 and it uses a caulking gun..
I think I have everything now, I bought 2 sizes of string/rope and a jug of kerosene just in case for the heater..:banana::banana:

BPVan
September 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Kenny and Brian so far.

Should we meet you there at 7:10? Not sure how busy the 7:55 sailing will be:confused:

Gina K
September 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Can the emblem you need for art be done with just printing something like this out?

Steve,

I have a couple of them (scripts) one is 81/2 inches and the other is 10 inches. I'm not sure what years they came from or if you still need one but just let me know.

doghows
September 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Either is fine, its being used for a visual aid for the pinstripe guy I'm using. It will be returned as soon as he is done with my car..
Not sure if one is coming from Seattle yet or not, there are a couple there if they make it to the right person for transport... Thank You..

BPVan
September 27th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I have a script badge I can bring over

Luva65wagon
September 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I think 7:10 meet is good for the 7:55 ferry. We can swing through the McD's drive-through for other-that-sweet food. I'll try to be a little early. Park in the far north west corner of the HD part of the lot, I think. Lots of space there.

FYI - There is also a park-n-ride just a mile south from there near 185th and Aurora too, if you guys don't feel comfortable leaving your cars in HD lot.

doghows
September 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks Brian that would be awesome.

doghows
September 28th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Well rainy crapy day. Mid 50's so not to cold. Guess I'll get things ready out in the shop. See y'all in a couple hours or sooner. :BEER:

doghows
September 28th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Well despite the crapy weather the assembly went well. Got a lot done but still got a way to go.
Thank you very much Roger, Kenny, Brian, Paul, Don, Ron, Bill, Jared and his dad. And of course my wife Laurie for her support as well.
Pictures will be up Monday and thanks again everyone.

dhbfaster
September 29th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Lots of fun today...sorry i couldn't stay longer...I posted some pics on Facebook...the forum seems to want me to upload one by one...

falcon cobra
September 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
How was the boat ride?:rain:

Luva65wagon
September 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
How was the boat ride?:rain:

We only had to row a little harder than normal.

Luva65wagon
September 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
It was a great turnout - all tolled. Got foiled by a couple missing parts, but we got it to a place where Steve can get most of it a little here and a little there.

We'll have to try for another day later on.

BPVan
September 29th, 2013, 11:46 AM
It was a great day I feel like you got a good push in the forward momentum direction. I will post the tailgate wiring in another post for all to reference.

doghows
September 29th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Put in upper door seal also driver door seal wiper motor and a few small things now for the honey do list. Thanks everyone and good to meet a few new falcon lovers.

redfalken
September 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM
At least we didn't have all the side glass to do! That was probably the easiest, cleanest window install we've done. Hopefully we got enough sealer in there to keep out the H2O.

I think once you get the wiring finished, you won't be too far from saying you're almost done. Because you'll never really be done!