PDA

View Full Version : Possible tech day

doghows
November 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Roger brought up an interesting idea the other day. I recently picked up another ranchero with a ton of parts. Including 2 engines. I have a 200 condition not known and a 170 that has been reworked but never assembled.
Gina needs an engine (chime in here Gina anytime) so maybe we can work out and engine assembly swap party if she would like. Also the 63 ranchero I got might be used as a practice piece for sheet metal work/ welder practice?
Not sure if I want to save the car or part it out but just thinking out loud here. Let me know if there is any interest ans well see where this goes.

Luva65wagon
November 27th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I emailed her about the 170 today. Try to hold onto it if possible. She's having hers inspected today for condition.

Otherwise this is all great ideas. Who knows, maybe we can go all Chip Foose on it!

doghows
November 27th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Its not going anywhere. Club members get first shot at anything.

BPVan
November 27th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I need to do welding work on my doors. It would be great to practice on this first, with some expert guidance of course.

Gina K
November 27th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Well this is the deal, I took the Comet to be checked out (why it's burning to much oil and the tranny leak) the day before your post about the 170. It's my understanding that my biggest cost is having him take it apart and diognos it so what I'm thinking is I'm already to far into it $ wise. I will be talking to him Friday and know more. My timing is off😥 I sure appreciate the offer of help.