PDA

View Full Version : Vin rivets

doghows
January 15th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Where did you guys find the replacement rivets for your door vin? I need some and want to get the right ones thanks. :confused:

doghows
January 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Found them finally. Melvin's. [thumb]

Jeff W
January 15th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Let me know how you install those fancy riviets. I need to get my plate ordered and installed.

Roger was talking about making a special tool for that but sounds like a lot of work:ROTFLMAO:

doghows
January 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I think Roger just slammed his in with a 5lb sledge?? Just kidding I know he got them in fairly easily but not sure how...

Jeff W
January 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM
From what I can tell they are shaped like little tophats. They should go in easy but the trick is "expanding" the shaft portion after they are in the hole. I think it should be fairly easy to make figure out but would rather learn at your expense.;)

Luva65wagon
January 15th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Once you see a rivet, you see what it takes. There's not a lot of easy access with the door assembled, so you do need to expand the rivet from the outside once it's in the hole.

I did mine, but danged if I can remember what I did. Maybe I said how in my Ranchero thread, since I installed a new one I got from Marti and Co.

I think it did involve a 5 lb sledge though... :doh: