PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mini Regional

Luva65wagon
January 24th, 2014, 08:23 PM
I'm starting this thread to begin getting everyone thinking about how they can help make this happen. This can't be a one person job coordinating this, let's all look at doing one bit of this each. Here are some of the tasks, but if there are some I missed, post them and I'll append my post to add them.

• Location scout.

• Sponsors - typically would supply Raffle parts. Local and larger Falcon vendors would be contacted.

• Food options.

• Awards

• Entry Forms

• Mailings

• Contact FCA newsletter

doghows
January 24th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Count me in for anything I can do from over here. I know I'm not in the ideal location to do much but phone calls or mailing but I'm willing and able..:rocker:

redfalken
January 24th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I could take on some of the graphics tasks like awards, forms, mailings. I'm sure I could talk Joanna into helping out.

Anyone good at project management? We should probably chart out some deadlines we need to meet to hit our target date. We definitely need lots of volunteers to help pull this off but I think it would be good to have one person who keeps everyone aware of deadlines.

And have a few meetings separate of the general meetings to work out details.

Luva65wagon
January 24th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Agreed. I do project management, so I guess I'll be working on that. My big work project is ending this next week, so I'll have more free brain soon. Art and mailings are yours Kenny. Right up your alley. Joanna too.

Steve, you are good at "getting stuff" it seems, maybe you can be the vendor caller. Get some sponsored give away items in exchange for advertising. We'll put together a bunch of goodie bags with maybe even some coupons if they don't want to offer hard goods. Does Doghows PC have bags? For that matter a good vendor could be you. A Raffle coupon for x-amount in PC.

Larry at a previous meeting indicated he's contact Lemay, but are you out there Larry? Should we reassign this? Location and cost, and available dates are critical early issues to nail-down.

Obviously cost is an issue. We will want to determine a max budget for this. Maybe even buy from our Cafepress some schwag at our price. It's not a money maker, per se, so costs must be kept low, or we can sell some things to make up for expenses. I'll be in touch with Portland and see what they have to offer. Contacts, etc.

doghows
January 24th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Getting stuff is doable. Probably need to print up some sort of flyer to send to potential vendors as well.
And a big yes to my shop kicking in either several or one large gift certificate. I do them for most the shows over here.
I'll start putting together a vendor list and go from there.

pbrown
January 24th, 2014, 09:57 PM
LeMay would be an ideal location. Here is the contact info regarding car club events.

"For more information about hosting an event at the one of the Museum's locations, please contact LeAna Reising at 253.683.3955 or email at leana.reising@lemaymuseum.org."

redfalken
January 24th, 2014, 10:48 PM
You may want to contact Monte Brachmann from the Columbia River Chapter. He probably has some checklists or notes they used. And he could give us a good idea on what it cost.

Nathan289
January 24th, 2014, 10:55 PM
I'd love to help. Not sure what I can do from the right side of the state

BadBird
January 25th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I called all the phone numbers listed for at least 10 different people at Lamay. Every single one goes to a "leave a message" or finally gets to a "mail box is full". I also left emails which none have been answered. I will try again on Monday and will give everyone any new status.

Carol and I will be leaving for Tucson mid February until mid May. I very much want to help with this.

Does anyone know what kind of monies we would ask from a sponsor? I have several locations that I would like to ask to get involved in sponsorship and awards, etc.

I know the Maltby church puts on what I think is the best show I've been at and they don't charge for anything related to awards or pins. It would be nice to talk to them or someone like them to get advice. Larry

BadBird
January 27th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Well, from what I just got sent back from LeAna, I would say Lemay will not be a good site. Here is the information about costs, etc.
Unless told differently I will continue looking for a location that isn't quite so hard on a wallet.
I would like to think that a site that has availability to family food, enough space for 50-60 entrants and maybe 20-30 other parking spots that it would suffice? Input Stephanie!!!!. You won't know what that means unless you remember Johnny 5/ Short Circuit.
What do you think about me contacting the shopping center in Lynnwood/Edmonds where the Dicks hamburger stand is?? Kind of nostalgic? I will keep looking.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the information. Below are details surrounding the use of our Showfield and attached is our vendor list. Please note that admission to the museum is not included in the event space fee however we could structure a discounted rate for guests associated with your event. Please review the below information and let me know if you have any questions or would like to schedule a time to view the Showfield space.

*Haub Family Field- 99,000 Sq. ft.
¼ of space $500.00- full space $2,000.00 - 6 hour maximum including set up and tear down (Available during and after Museum hours)
Up to 250 vehicles
*Tables and chairs not included in event space fee
*Admission to museum not included in space fee

*Parking (in ACM Main Lot):
· Hosted parking- $5.00 per stall- This option must be coordinated with the ACM Event Coordinator no less than 14 days prior to your event and will be charged after the event based on the total number of parking stalls used.
· Standard daytime event parking (non-hosted)- $10.00 per stall
· Standard event parking (non-hosted) after 5pm - $5.00 per stall
-Please note that for non-hosted parking - guests are required to pay cash upon their arrival

LeAna Reising
Sales Manager
LeMay-AMERICA'S CAR MUSEUM®
PH: 253.779.8490 ext. 1005
Direct: 253.683.3955
Fax: 253.779.8499
lreising@lemaymuseum.org (lreising@lemaymuseum.org)
www.lemaymuseum.org (http://www.lemaymuseum.org/)
https://col127.afx.ms/att/GetInline.aspx?messageid=5c2e1cb7-8794-11e3-858f-00237de4a7e6&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.png%4001CF1B5D.8CFA8310&cid=a20e1de6e38c5e7e&blob=MHxpbWFnZTAwMS5wbmd8aW1hZ2UvcG5n&hm__login=cdiannes01&hm__domain=msn.com&ip=10.12.220.8&d=d2781&mf=128&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2027%20Jan%202014%2021%3a57%3a14%20G MT&st=cdiannes01%402&hm__ha=01_26e9d72767860ca966f1c8c962dd6344839c2b54 c3a9d685be437bdc717dd670&oneredir=1

falcon cobra
January 27th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Larry, years ago the northwest falcon club had there pot luck summer party at Mc collum park off 128th and I'am sure you know where that is. there were falcons from Canada and Oregon and all around that were there and so was I, it was a great time..jh:rocker:

Luva65wagon
January 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks for looking into this spot Larry. I agree, that's a very deep pocketed location.

A state park or city park might be an option as well, as long as food was provided by the membership (us). The beauty of the last location is that wasn't something to factor in. I know there might be restaurants with large parking that have hosted other car shows I've attended in the past (Seattle area), so that might be the next avenue to pursue.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to moving closer-in to the Seattle area, that would require a consensus of the club membership. Tacoma was about as far south, relatively speaking, as the Portland group was willing to go north. So I'd still favor a little more south than being right in Seattle or north of Seattle.

Jeff W
January 27th, 2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/index.aspx?NID=2332

Shelter#3 is next to an open field.... can it be parked on?

This park is where Mopars Unlimited have thier annual meet.

Graham, Wa

Never heard of this place but looks promising. Bet food is walking distance.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/about+us/tacoma.do

BadBird
January 27th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I will call Lemay tomorrow and thank them for their time. Too bad it didn't work out, I thought it was a perfect location.
The Griots Garage spot that you mention Jeff also sounds very good and would be a great central point for North and South. Oregon group should be willing to come as far north as we went south though. But still, Tacoma will work out well with most I think.
If no one has problem I will call Griots tomorrow and see what they offer/cost and get back to all. If it sounds good, Carol and I may run down there and see the specifics. I am not sure if we want to spend much money at all for the location. Any comments on that??
Other ideas for locations are welcome and thanks. Larry

doghows
January 27th, 2014, 10:44 PM
We could always have it at my shop:ROTFLMAO:

redfalken
January 27th, 2014, 11:42 PM
I sent Monte Brachmann, from the Columbia River Chapter, a short email to let him know we were discussing the mini-regional. He cc:d Allen Shade and hopefully they can join our discussion.

I think the toughest thing about finding a place you don't have to pay for might be to find one that will let a couple dozen cars park together, set up ropes, tents, and tables for 8+ hours without drawing attention to someone who will want to see a permit.

Jeff W
January 28th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I think we should expect to pay some money (not $2K) for a spot.

This also came yesterday from our FCA Regional Director:

Insurance

If your chapter is hosting an official FCA event such as a Regional, or a Mini-Regional, then the chapter is required to obtain insurance for the event. The cost of the insurance is $100 for the event. Please complete the attached form to obtain insurance coverage.

BPVan
January 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
A couple of suggestions:

If you plan on having out-of-towners, you may want to consider near by accommodations.

I have seen other clubs successful in getting a business to donate their parking lot for the day/weekend. Insurance will be necessary, but probably eliminates the permit for the cars to be there. Permits for noise (Band/Music) and food are something different. You could get around this by getting a reputable food truck involved, they carry their own.

Jeff W
January 28th, 2014, 02:32 PM
You could get around this by getting a reputable food truck involved, they carry their own.

... or we could get this one

Luva65wagon
January 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I sent Monte Brachmann, from the Columbia River Chapter, a short email...

Thanks Kenny, was going to do that one evening this week. You the man...

Luva65wagon
January 28th, 2014, 03:33 PM
We could always have it at my shop:ROTFLMAO:

Be careful what you offer. That might not be a bad idea. Bring your parts to powder coat while you are at the show. We'll have fun, Steve will work. :p

pbrown
January 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I think we should expect to pay some money (not $2K) for a spot.

Not $2k but that wasn't the number I saw. It was $500 for 1/4 of the field and for 30ish cars would be more than enough.

It would be great to have a show to 250 Falcons but that pushing it a bit for a mini-regional.

BadBird
January 28th, 2014, 06:32 PM
There are definitely several issues that must be addressed before we search for a location. I believe it might be time to have a meeting of the club officers and or location focal as a minor sized group to assess what the needs are, how many cars to expect, how many we would like, food, insurance, distances from everyone, etc, etc.
It won't do any good for someone to arrange a locale without first understanding all issues. I love the idea of getting input from Monte and Allen from the Columbia River Chapter. I will be leaving for Arizona in 2 weeks for 3 months so I feel I am deserting. I guess I am deserting, but can't help it, I hate the cold and rain. Larry

Monte Brachmann
February 13th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I have read through all the threads regarding a 2014 Mini Regional in the Seattle area. Sounds great! You are all on the right track. I will pull my files on the last two mini regionals that Columbia River Falcons did and post our experience for you in the next few days...

Luva65wagon
February 13th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Thank Monte - we really appreciate this!

[thumb]

redfalken
February 13th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I was searching around for some potential locations and found this. Address is 10322 Martin Way E, Olympia, WA.

About an hour south of Seattle. Right off the highway. Plenty of places to eat. There's an area in the east corner that looks like it's maybe vacant or overflow parking? Could hold 30 or so cars maybe?

There's Norma's Burger, Nisqually Bar & Grill, Tacos la Fuenta, a couple of gas stations. I'm guessing if someone talked to the building with "PUB" on the roof they may know about the lot behind them. Or their parking lot would be nice to use. It's kind of nestled in the embankment going up to Brown Farm Rd.

Might be too far south for some?? Anyhow, not perfect but maybe cheap!

Monte Brachmann
February 14th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Columbia River Falcons (CRF) started planning the mini-regional in March of each year. In 2012, we considered having the mini-regional in a park, motel lot, or other venue. We considered sites between Brooks, OR and Centralia, WA. We were looking for a spot near I-5, but that is not a requirement. We did keep in mind the availability of lodging for those that would be coming a long way. We were looking to have the event in August or September. The availability of the venue “selected” the date for us. We settled on the Fat Moose Bar & Grill in Woodland, WA because they have a few “car show” type events at their location throughout the summer. They have tables, white board, food/drink, barricades, and other items already on site to set up the show (and they help set it up and take down). The only items that the Chapter supplied were a few canopies for shade and the “office type” items for the registration table. The two owners were enthusiast about having CRF hold the event at their location. They have insurance and also were willing to pay the $200 street closure fee and get the permit from the City. It appears that with the new mandate from the FCA, chapters sponsoring any regional type event would also have to buy the insurance through the FCA. We were not aware of that when we put on either of our events… The Fat Moose B&G does well on the days that they have car events because the participants eat there and the cars draw in others to look and have something to eat/drink. It might be beneficial to look for a venue in the Seattle area that has experience with doing cruise-ins and car shows at their establishment. The key things that are needed are safe parking, restrooms, and food within walking distance of the event. Another idea might be to look for another event that you could partner with to reserve room for 30-50 Falcons? If they were doing the event as a fund raiser, they might welcome a number of “guaranteed attendees”. Anybody in the Rainier Chapter have any connections with a Mall that might allow the mini-regional in a corner of their lot? We attended a cruise-in this past summer in Clackamas, OR and they had a Papa Murphy’s trailer there cooking pizza and selling pop for the event. I think that Papa Murphy’s even donated part of their profit to the charity that the event was for. Just another thought…

When CRF started planning the event we decided that we wanted to keep the cost to participants very minimal or free. The Chapter dedicated a maximum budget of $250 early in the planning stages for the mini-regional. We used this to pay for flyers, postage, dash plagues, and trophies. Our dash plagues were $1.75 each. In 2013 we gave the “longest driven distance” winner cash ($50). We asked our members to go out and get door prizes from vendors or purchase and donate door prizes. The tickets for door prizes were given to attendees when they registered. We did not sell any tickets, but that is a possible way to recover some expenses. Another idea might be to ask other chapters to donate some funds for door prizes? This is done for the FCA regionals.

Getting the word out: We printed up flyers and handed them out to Falcon and Comet owners at every show that members attended right up until the mini-regional date. We also made mailing labels from the FCA Membership Directory for Oregon, Idaho, and Washington members. Those flyers were mailed in June (104 mailed in 2013). We also mailed flyers each of the Chapter presidents on the West Coast. Our attendance numbers were 38 Falcons & Comets in 2012 and 37 in 2013.

We also considered having a DJ to provide music, but opted not to do that to reduce the expense for the event so that we could keep it free. We also opted to not have judging so that we did not have to track down trophy sponsors or buy trophies. We also felt that we wanted the event to be low keyed without the pressure of having to be a judge or being judged. We also tried to keep the task list for our members short so that they could enjoy the event instead of just having to “work the event”. The tasks that we made sure we had folks for included: Helping Fat Moose Staff set up, greeter, car parking helpers, registration table staff and someone to serve as MC to hand out whatever awards are presented. The duties of the registration table staff includes: signing people in, handing out door prize tickets, drawing the winning tickets, handing out door prizes, answering questions, etc.

Sorry for the long reply. I will email this in a document to Roger and Kenny... Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I am happy to help.

redfalken
February 17th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info Monte. That's a lot to absorb but there are also lots of details to tend to.

I've downloaded the document you sent and I'll try to distill it into bullet points for the next meeting.

doghows
February 28th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Ok spring is almost here. If we are doing a mini we need to get our ducks in a row. Any plans yet??

Luva65wagon
February 28th, 2014, 10:03 PM
We'll be talking some more about it this upcoming meeting; bringing maps and compasses. [thumb]

doghows
February 28th, 2014, 10:11 PM
When is the next meeting? Maybe I can drive the delivery over?

dhbfaster
March 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
Guys, I'm happy to help on this where I can. Gant charts, marketing, phone calls, or feel free to ask.
My travel schedule is already filling up however, so getting the date set is key for me.
FYI, I have been to a show at Griots in Tacoma (mentioned below) It's not a bad location, it's about the right size for us, easy to get to, the show had great traffic, their store benefits from the traffic so it should be free space, plenty of restaurants around too, and of course lots to do and places to stay for out of towers.
Happy to participate at the next planning meeting if my schedule allows.

redfalken
March 1st, 2014, 01:44 PM
Weds., March 19th is the next meeting. A good portion of this meeting will be about the mini-regional. If you're interested in contributing we encourage you to attend.

Griot's Garage does look like a nice place to hold the event if we can swing it. According to their website calendar, things are already filling up so we should decide as soon as we can.

One thing Monte mentioned was partnering with another event. I notice the All Ford and Mustang Roundup is scheduled for Sunday, August 10. Depending on their estimated attendance, maybe we could reserve 30-50 spots for our show? But I'm guessing it's a popular show and could fill up even without us.

Voodoofalcon
March 16th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I will be working out of state most of the time so I will not be much help. I am making a few cool raffle prizes to donate.

Just a few ides for locations. Des Moines marina has a farmers market on saterdays. Several food trucks show up and they have public restrooms. Also a nice view of the sound and a park for kids to play. I can ask my girl to look into it.

I was also thinking it would be cool if we could get out of the city down towards MT Rainer being we are the Rainier chapter. Some place Like Elbe, Ashford, Packwood, or Eatonville.

dhbfaster
March 20th, 2014, 10:17 AM
If anyone wants me to check out the Des Moines marina area as a possibility, I work 5 min from there, so I could easily drop by the office check it out at lunch. Just let me know.

MacDee
March 20th, 2014, 11:58 AM
I looked into the possibility of the Museum of Flight. You can rent the parking lot (only part of it, I'm sure...), but it's a bit steep. $1.5k. However, that includes museum admission....

The Mazda club my son used to belong to once had a big picnic at Macdonald Park (no relation...) in Carnation. They've got a big barn/picnic shelter with quite a bit of parking around it. I couldn't find any details on-line, but I'll make some inquires if y'all think it's worth a try.

don b
March 21st, 2014, 06:27 PM
[yay]I manage Paradise Bowl in South Tacoma. We could do an event in second part of August. Maybe include a run from there to Yelm, Roy, Elbe, Eatonville, Graham and back to the bowling center in Parkland. I figure no cost for parking lot. Some people will eat there or entertain their families while there.
We are hosting a bike rally on the 22nd of this month. Come visit and see what you think.

Voodoofalcon
March 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Sorry I could not make the meeting the other night. I'm
Working out of state a lot. I will not be much help
for the mini show but I can donate my home made falcon gear shift knobs if you guys like them. I'm making a ranchero knob to donate next.

redfalken
March 21st, 2014, 11:13 PM
don b - Thanks for the offer of using your premises for our show. I may be cruising down with another member to check out a few other places this weekend and we will swing by.

Voodoofalcon - That's a very cool knob. We would love to get one for the fundraising raffle. We appreciate the support. Keep an eye on this thread and when it gets closer to the date we can make arrangements.

don b
March 22nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
don b - Thanks for the offer of using your premises for our show. I may be cruising down with another member to check out a few other places this weekend and we will swing by.

Voodoofalcon - That's a very cool knob. We would love to get one for the f
undraising raffle. We appreciate the support. Keep an eye on this thread and when it gets closer to the date we can make arrangements.

Redfalken, I should be there until about 4pm today just ask at the front counter!!

BadBird
March 23rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
My brother and I went to the drag races in Phoenix yesterday and it was fantastic. They also had a car show there at the same time and I talked to the folks who were selling the food. They were in a truck that supplied great food and drinks and they told me that they cover car shows also in the Phoenix/Tucson area. I asked what they charge to cater to the shows and they said it depends on how many people come. They never charge more than $250.
Also, we have been to 6 car shows now in the last month. Most were at churches that made access to restrooms easy, food was either catered by a truck or cooked by the good folks there.
It seems we have multitudes of locations to hold the meet and the churches seem really happy to have them. They get some financial benefits from holding the shows for special church activities also.
Just throwing more ideas out there.
Miss being there to help and I am sick that I couldn't figure out a way to bring my Falcon down here. The car shows are everywhere each weekend and my brother has won trophies at each show so far. His 64 Fairlane thunderbolt clone is looking great. Will see you all in May sometime. Larry

Luva65wagon
March 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks Larry - that is probably a very good idea. Being a Falcon/Comet only show, it may not strike the "oh-ah" interest of some locations - even Churches - as it would be if it were an all-makes car show. But you never know until you look around and ask.

I know we couldn't afford a catered food wagon as this being a mini-regional, which is why the location having local food to choose from is a good part of the current plan. But maybe some operate solely on sales alone?

We're awaiting a report, if any, from Kenny on his travels this weekend, if he made them. We'll proceed from there.

doghows
March 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Well Facebook said him and Patrick went somewhere and got some really good shakes??

redfalken
March 24th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Sorry guys. Been busy but I'll do a write-up soon. Pat and I cruised down Sunday afternoon for a quick tour. Ate at the Pick-Quick in Fife. Awesome burger and shake. If you're driving south, they're just off I-5 but they're closed during the winter.

Wish we could use the lawn next to them but it's where they have the picnic tables to eat at.

dhbfaster
March 25th, 2014, 11:16 PM
All this food got me thinking of my favorite BBQ place in Fife...The Warthog BBQ. http://www.warthogbbq.com
This place is so good I try to make the trip every few weeks. They always have a bunch of catering vans there, and they often have different car or biker clubs that seem to be there. So, I emailed the owener- head Pit Master and he said not only would they likely send a catering truck to our event, but they are also buying a place in Tacoma called the Wagon Wheel (which is a closed business at 11811 Pacific Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98444) and it will be another Warthog BBQ. I haven't been to this place, but he said it he would love to have the show in his parking lot and it's pretty much on the main drag in Tacoma so that might pick up some traffic. He said it will officially be a Warthog in April...so at this point we would just need to let him know if we want to do it. So, send a truck or go to his place...either option if we want it.

doghows
March 26th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Why not do it right in Fife?? I looked at the map on Google earth. Is the parking area large enough we could put 40-50 car there? I saw an RV place next door, and something across the street that looked to have a bigger parking area? Also close off the freeway? Might be some lodging close by as well?? Maybe we should investigate this further as it sounds like the owner is already on board??
I wish I was a little closer, but maybe I can talk the wife into taking a drive in the next weekend or two..
Nice spot Don...[thumb]

I looked at the Tacoma address too. I think the only concern would be how many cars show. If we get 50 it would fill his parking lot full.. IE no room for customers?? Guess we need to get some eyes on these spots..

Luva65wagon
March 26th, 2014, 10:42 AM
We do want FCA members down south to come up too. I personally think Fife may be too far north.

I've not done the math for distances yet, but the idea is to have a spot not too far north to make it be a Washington only event, but also... not have it be so far south that we don't get a lot of northern folk coming - which has been the case with both the Woodburn Regional and the two mini's. Finding a happy medium where we get a good group from both ends is ideal.

This is not to say that people won't drive. I was very surprised by the number of Californian's at the Woodburn show - who drove much farther than Kenny and I did (our only two attendees for that show). But even Woodland saw less than the number from the OR side.

Just something to chew on.

dhbfaster
March 26th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I'll just add real quick:
- On the drive up from South...good point, just a thought though- if people from down south are going to make an over-nighter out of it, Tacoma is actually a pretty good place to attract them up to with the car museum and the glass museum both close by and lots of places to stay. It might be more enticing to spouses and other family members. (I really have no idea...like I said just a thought- maybe we should get some input from the clubs down south?)
- The parking lot at the Warthog in Fife I would say is too small for a mini-(but good for a club meeting sometime if you guys want to meet down south sometime for a change.) Places next door might be options, but the parking lot at the new Wagon Wheel Warthog looks better...haven't been there yet.
- My heart's not stuck on any place yet...

doghows
March 26th, 2014, 12:02 PM
How far south are we trying to get people in from? We drove 4 hrs down there and I think Fife is only about 3 from Portland?
I don't really care cause everything is an extra hour for me from here.
Are we thinking more towards Olympia area?

redfalken
March 31st, 2014, 07:30 PM
First off, thanks to everyone for your input. And thanks to don b for offering his bowling alley. Pat and I went to several places on our weekend visit but the one that stuck out was Griot's Garage. They are basically set up for a car show so there's one less thing for us to deal with. There are lots of restaurants within a couple of blocks. And they will put on a car care class. Of course they would like you to buy some products from their store but they seem to have a good variety of nice stuff.

It's also very easy to get to from I-5. You can check out their website: http://www.griotsgarage.com

So I spoke with them and we have locked in Sunday, September 14 as our date. If we like it, we can book much earlier for a 2015 show and get a better date. The last show dates were August 24 and Sept. 15, both days had nice weather if I recall. The show will be from 10-3. They will have someone there at 9:00 and they close at 2:00 but someone will stay around another hour while we finish up.

I hope that works with most people. We had some discussion on this in the officer section and everyone agreed on the venue and date.

So now that the place and date are set and I've agreed to do the awards, printing/mailing, and promotion part of the show, it's time for someone else to take the reigns. Roger? You wanna put your project management skills to work and put together a timeline?

I was also thinking we should probably have a special meeting some weekend to brainstorm and work out details for the show. Maybe around the end of April?

dhbfaster
April 1st, 2014, 01:32 PM
Good job guys, it's on the calendar, and given that it's in September I might be able to get mine ready by then!

Luva65wagon
April 1st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks Kenny.

I agree another meeting is in order to get things sync'd up. Let's keep this thread going until then.

The main thing at this point is to make sure enough of the local membership is committed to this day and can participate. So, very quickly we need to put out a mass-mailing to everyone with this news so they can commit. If it's just Kenny and I that make it, that wouldn't be much fun... :WHATTHE:

Once we have a list of those who are 100% going to make it - then we can start delegating jobs. And even if you can't make it, there are things you might be able to do if you are willing; like getting sponsors to donate prizes for a raffle.

Jeff W
April 1st, 2014, 06:48 PM
I'm there... hopefully my car also. Generator is fixed (hanging brush) but still need to work out a bad vibration as speed. That is a long drive made longer when your arms go numb.

SmithKid
April 1st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Barring health issues or something catastrophic, You can count me in. I'll help however I am able.

doghows
April 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
That is awesome news guys!!!! I know Im clear over here but I have a pretty good line of BS. So as soon as the flyers are done get me a copy and I will start making a list of possible vendors to send them to.
Also count me in for a decent raffle prize. Maybe a gift certificate for dinner or something... (haha). [thumb]

falcon cobra
April 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
I can say I wont be going...jh

BadBird
April 5th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Congratulations on finding a great spot for the mini. Carol and I will be there and will be back from Tucson in early May to help in whatever way we can with the meet. Larry

redfalken
April 5th, 2014, 06:26 PM
The flyer text has been sent to Joanna so she can design something nice. I'll post a PDF of the flyer here when it's finished and print a bunch to pass out at car shows, events, and meetings throughout the summer. We will also make some post cards to mail out to everyone in the FCA directory Pacific Region.

Our goal is 50 cars including both Falcons and Comets. Last year there were 37 and the year before was 38.

Stay tuned!

Voodoofalcon
April 6th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm looking forward to this event ! I like the later date, gives me more time to work on my car.

So is this a FCA member only event ? I know a few people in our area who have falcon / comets who would probably like to bring there cars. I think it would be good for them to meet everybody and might even inspire them to join our gang.

doghows
April 6th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I might be speaking out of turn, but this is the reason for the event. To get more people excited about the club. So that being said I would think all are welcome.
I have two or three Falcon guys over her that are going to come over, so hopefully they will join up too.

redfalken
April 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
All Falcons and Comets are welcome. No national or club membership needed!

Voodoofalcon
April 7th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Very cool ! I think we can get 50 birds this year. I will push mine down if I have to.

I have a grey area question. Does the FCA consider the 66 Ranchero a Falcon. The Ranchero used Falcon front sheet metal, trim and interior accents but did not carry Falcon badges.

Jeff W
April 7th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Very cool ! I think we can get 50 birds this year. I will push mine down if I have to.

I have a grey area question. Does the FCA consider the 66 Ranchero a Falcon. The Ranchero used Falcon front sheet metal, trim and interior accents but did not carry Falcon badges.

From FALCONCLUB.COM:

"The Falcon Club of America (FCA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the FALCON and FALCON RANCHERO automobiles built by the Ford Motor Company from 1960 to 1970."

BPVan
April 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I am scheduled to be in NY in September, but happy to help otherwise.

Nathan289
April 13th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I have kids back in school by Sept 14th.

We won't be able to attend this year. Looking forward to 2015

redfalken
April 13th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Oops! I replied to your other post before reading this. As I said, we'll shoot for middle of August next year.

Nathan289
April 13th, 2014, 08:49 PM
It is what it is, can't please everyone. I some how completely missed the other thread other wise I would have chimed in.

Off topic. Here but Jen found a squire wagon... if we pull the trigger i'll start a thread..

Voodoofalcon
April 20th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I finished up the Ranchero Knob for the Fundraising Raffle. Check it out

redfalken
April 20th, 2014, 03:56 PM
That looks REALLY nice! Every time you shift you're grabbing the bull by the horns!!

Luva65wagon
April 21st, 2014, 09:16 PM
Wow... gotta get me one of those! Hope I win one. Great work.

:shift:

dhbfaster
April 21st, 2014, 09:19 PM
That is a work of art.[AGREE]

Luva65wagon
April 24th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Not quite a cool shifter knob, but made this up as a raffle prize... or a door stop. Need to find a light fixture that will fit, but not bad for about 15 minutes work so far,

Nathan289
April 25th, 2014, 06:31 AM
That's cool roger I'd be proud to own that.

Floor lamp or desk? It looks tall from the angle the picture was taken

redfalken
April 25th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Nice work Roger! That would look great in the man cave!!

Nathan289
April 25th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I'd put it in my living room. I have a craftsman theme..

SmithKid
April 25th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Like! Like! [thumb]

Luva65wagon
April 25th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys. I hope to have a couple other lamps - mostly desk - done by then. This was a clam-shell, all brass, POJ. Now its art. It adjusts up and down and goes between about 3-4' tall.

SmithKid
April 28th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I couldn't wait for a chance to win the Ranchero knob in the raffle, so contacted Mike (voodooFalcon) and asked him to make one for me. He agreed and here is the result. I love it!

Jeff W
April 28th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I couldn't wait for a chance to win the Ranchero knob in the raffle, so contacted Mike (voodooFalcon) and asked him to make one for me. He agreed and here is the result. I love it!

You know what that means... you are sure to win the raffle.

It sure looks nice, I love the color!

doghows
April 28th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Very nice touch Gene, and good job putting them together Mike!![thumb]

SmithKid
April 28th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Jeff, I'm not usually very lucky (main reason I didn't wait), but I believe there is actually at least one black Ranchero somewhere in the area, and I betcha something could be arranged.

Voodoofalcon
April 28th, 2014, 09:46 PM
When do we plan on having this fundraising raffle ?

redfalken
April 29th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Hadn't thought about that yet. I'll leave it open to discussion but I was thinking it could be part of the raffle we will have at the show. But then, it might be more specifically appreciated by a Ranchero owner.

Maybe Steve can jump in as he's the guy who's good at "getting stuff" and is leading the search for raffle prizes and schwag for the goodie bag.

redfalken
May 8th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks to our wonderful graphic designer Joanna, we now have a flyer for the Mini-Regional. Feel free to download and pass around digitally or print out some in case you run into another Falcon.

She's also making a color version for the web, a couple of 16x20 color posters for the swap meet and summer car shows. Plus a postcard to send out to FCA members in Washington and Oregon, and something for our home page.

I'll be printing up about 500 of these B&W flyers and will have them ready for the general meeting next Weds. and passing them out for those in attendance.

Great job Joanna Banana!! :banana:

BadBird
May 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Schucks, no judging? I was already badgering folks to donate trophies to give out. Poopers.

redfalken
May 9th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Yeah, we'll save the judging for when we have a full grown Pacific Regional Convention some day. There is a "Griot's Choice" award where the manager will walk around and check out the participating cars, maybe talk to the owner, and choose their favorite. Not sure what the prize will be just yet...

dhbfaster
May 9th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Great job on the flyer. I thought for sure we'd want to have awards for
Best Falcon Delivery
Best Red 62
Best Blue Wagon
Best 61 Red with a white top
Best Yellow with a V8
Best White Ranchero...:ROTFLMAO:

Luva65wagon
May 9th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Great job on the flyer. I thought for sure we'd want to have awards for
Best Falcon Delivery
Best Red 62
Best Blue Wagon
Best 61 Red with a white top
Best Yellow with a V8
Best White Ranchero...:ROTFLMAO:

What about Best Satin black Ranchero and Best White Tudor wagon? :bicker::mad::bicker:

BadBird
May 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Can't I/we find out what a nice trophy or trophies would cost a piece and let us go out and get sponsors for each one. I am sure I can round up several and maybe quite a few.
I also would think no one from our club should/would be eligible for a trophy except the one that was mentioned earlier. Just a thought. Larry

Luva65wagon
May 10th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Larry, We can bring it up at the meeting and have a vote on it. I think if we have all attendees vote, who wins or not should not matter. But let's talk about it Wednesday and we'll go from there.

SmithKid
May 13th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I've seen nothing more regarding poster for the swap meet, so just for info, I got online at the FedEx site, and made a poster in 16" x 24" format on corrugated plastic using the black & white pdf file Kenny posted. The cost comes up as $36. I surmise that the color version, if we get one, would be more $$ than that.

Luva65wagon
May 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I was somehow thinking Joanna was making a couple color ones for the swap based upon the 5/8 post:

She's also making a color version for the web, a couple of 16x20 color posters for the swap meet and summer car shows. Plus a postcard to send out to FCA members in Washington and Oregon, and something for our home page.

I'll be printing up about 500 of these B&W flyers and will have them ready for the general meeting next Weds. and passing them out for those in attendance.

... but the meeting thread seems to say otherwise. :confused:

redfalken
May 13th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Settle down kids...I'm on it already! :p

I went by Office Max after work and got a couple of prints made from the color version Joanna made. They look really nice! I'll mount them with spray adhesive tomorrow and bring to the meeting. Also picked up an acrylic stand for the flyers. We can set it on top of a pile for people to take so they don't blow away.

Oh ye of little faith!

redfalken
May 13th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Oh...and they were $9 each.

Nathan289
May 14th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Can I get a copy of a poster?

Thanks

redfalken
May 14th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Maybe! I've got this speeding ticket messing up my insurance rates. Anything you can do about it officer?? [thumb]

We will probably be discussing poster options at the meeting tonight. Or I can send you the electronic file if you want to get one done locally.

Luva65wagon
May 14th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Oh ye of little faith!

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Kenny?

But, but, Kenny is just a man...

OK, out of fairness to Kenny, he originally said to Jeff on the 22nd of April "we 'should' make some up", but then said on the 8th of May he 'would' have some made in time for the meeting and swap meet.

Alas, we should have had more faith in him...

[BOW]

:D

Voodoofalcon
May 27th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Kenny

Did you post a PDF of the color flyer ?

doghows
June 4th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Kenny, can I get a copy of the color flyer sent to me in an email so I can save it to my desktop? I have several vendors ready to send me swag but when I copy and paste the PDF they cannot open it on the other end? Or maybe I'm sending it wrong I don't know but help!! Thanks. [thumb]

redfalken
June 14th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Sorry Steve! Just saw your post. I will send you the file in a few minutes.

I sent out over 200 post cards a few days ago so hopefully that will help get the word out. I mailed to all the active FCA members in WA, OR, ID, and BC Canada. Also the rosters from Monte (Columbia River Chapter) and The Rainier Falcons.

13 weeks to show day!

doghows
June 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Got my card yesterday. I did change my email Kenny, I PMd you the new one sorry I thought I changed it on here. I'll get that handled. [thumb]

Nathan289
June 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Kenny,

I think my card is going to my old house..:(

I moved in September.

redfalken
June 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Nathan - If it bounces back to me I'll get you another. Have you updated the address under "Edit Profile"? I can get your new address there.

Nathan289
June 15th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Kenny,

I guess I changed it.. dont remember when but I did

dhbfaster
June 15th, 2014, 04:17 PM
The website and the card (got it a few days ago) look really nice Ken. Perfect to keep posted up for the reminder.

Nathan289
June 16th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Got my card today.

It went to the old house but got forwarded.

I need to get my hand on a poster now.

Looks very cool.

redfalken
June 16th, 2014, 07:25 PM
You may also notice the new graphics on the home page that link to an informational page about the event. Start spreading the word and link to it if you can:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/index.php?page=minireg2014

Or just www.rainierfalcons.com (http://www.rainierfalcons.com) and they will see the banner ad.

Thanks to Joanna for her design and Patrick for fixing all my bad HTML!!

Nathan289
June 16th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Anyone post on tffn yet?

redfalken
June 16th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Not yet but thanks for the reminder. I don't often log on there anymore. Over the next week or two I'll post to as many relevant web sites as I can think of. TFFN, Classic Inline, craigslist.

We've already got a pretty good presence on the Facebook page. If anyone knows of any other web sites that might be good, let me know and I'll check it out.

Nathan289
June 16th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Falcon registry, not that they get much traffic.

Falcon club of America willing to put up a banner?

I'll think of others

Luva65wagon
June 17th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I've sent a few emails about a banner ad in the FCA newsletter, but so far narry a peep from anyone from the home front. Al, the west coast director, has commented on the need for insurance and such, which we've applied for (thanks Jeff) and received. We are probably all aware by now that Wendy (the FCA editor) is retiring, so I'll give it another few days and try to make contact again.

I have not logged into TFFN for a long time either. I tend to have an epileptic seizure every time I go there. :NERVOUS:

redfalken
June 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Posted a few ads tonight. Craigslist (events and auto parts section), TFFN, and the FordSix Performance forum. I'll do some searching tomorrow for some local car show calendar of event sites.

doghows
June 25th, 2014, 07:20 AM
http://nwcam.com/CruiseNews.html?step=3&id=4638

redfalken
July 23rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Just an update. I've got the specs for the dash plaques off to Joanna. She'll design them and my wife's company is covering the cost as a donation to the club! We'll get 50 printed. I'll post a photo once they're done in a few weeks!

A little more than 7 weeks until show time!

BadBird
August 2nd, 2014, 11:05 PM
In Reno at Hot August Nights I was showing my car at the Peppermill and Griots Garage has a beautiful setup there selling and showing their products and garage. I met the son who was there and had a nice long chat about the upcoming mini-meet.
This is a very professional place and some great people. I can't wait for the meet now. I will send out some pictures of Reno, and Griots display when I get back to the house.
Also, there were a bunch of Falcons today at the Peppermill and some very nice guys who own them. Had a ball but health issues are really getting in the way of enjoying it as much as I would like. See you all soon. Larry

Luva65wagon
August 3rd, 2014, 11:22 PM
The banner ad was in the FCA newsletter as well as being on the calendar. So - that's good!

[thumb]

redfalken
September 1st, 2014, 08:08 AM
At the meeting last Wednesday, I said I would look over the notes Roger took and post some of the responsibilities we talked about and who volunteered to handle them.

We still need a few people to show up a couple of hours early and help out where needed.

Here's what I came up with as a reminder to everyone. If I've got something wrong, let me know.

Roger

- Work as Master of Ceremony
- Canopy
- Club Banner
- PA system
- Make directional sign for 38th St. and one for entrance on S Lawrence St.
- Extension cords
- Stop/Slow sign
- Office supplies for registration table

Kenny

- Design sign-up sheet (pen, clipboard)
- Map of restaurants in area
- Dash plaques
- PA music (iPod & CDs)
- Reflector vests (2)
- Cash box
- Poster mounted on easel

Jeff

- Work the entrance to direct traffic
- White board, markers, eraser
- Seed money for change

Kathy & Don

- Work the raffle table & promote during show
- Bottled water

Gene

- Work registration table
- Hand out goodie bags

Steve

- Assemble goodie bags
- Bring raffle prizes
- Assist with raffle during event

Diane (Starlite Wonder Imaging)

- Take photos as cars enter
- Set up preview and printer to sell prints or digital files

Need 2-3 volunteers

- Assist in directing cars to parking spots
- Assist participants with questions

See you in a couple of weeks!

doghows
September 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Hey Kenny, the show starts at 10 so I'll plan on being there around 8 or earlier and help with setup, get me car parked and help with the "flow" of traffic and so forth. Also I'm bringing my BIG ice chest for the water to go in.
I believe chairs might have been asked from pretty much everyone too, other than that nice work on the assignment sheet.
On a side note all the raffle prizes are in Dons hands now, but I have a few trickling in still. AutoKrafters sent us three gift certs and some catalog flyers.
Let me or us know what else needs done and well get I'd handled thanks everyone so far!![thumb]

Voodoofalcon
September 1st, 2014, 11:16 AM
I can come early and help out with anything that needs to be done. I could be there by 8 or earlier if needed. I also have 2 gear shift nobs for the raffle table.

Mike

At the meeting last Wednesday, I said I would look over the notes Roger took and post some of the responsibilities we talked about and who volunteered to handle them.

We still need a few people to show up a couple of hours early and help out where needed.

Here's what I came up with as a reminder to everyone. If I've got something wrong, let me know.

Roger

- Work as Master of Ceremony
- Canopy
- Club Banner
- PA system
- Make directional sign for 38th St. and one for entrance on S Lawrence St.
- Extension cords
- Stop/Slow sign
- Office supplies for registration table

Kenny

- Design sign-up sheet (pen, clipboard)
- Map of restaurants in area
- Dash plaques
- PA music (iPod & CDs)
- Reflector vests (2)
- Cash box
- Poster mounted on easel

Jeff

- Work the entrance to direct traffic
- White board, markers, eraser
- Seed money for change

Kathy & Don

- Work the raffle table & promote during show
- Bottled water

Gene

- Work registration table
- Hand out goodie bags

Steve

- Assemble goodie bags
- Bring raffle prizes
- Assist with raffle during event

Diane (Starlite Wonder Imaging)

- Take photos as cars enter
- Set up preview and printer to sell prints or digital files

Need 2-3 volunteers

- Assist in directing cars to parking spots
- Assist participants with questions

See you in a couple of weeks!

dhbfaster
September 1st, 2014, 03:21 PM
I can go early to help out. Sounds like 8am is the early time?
Let me know if there is anything else I can bring...refreshments, etc.

redfalken
September 1st, 2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks guys! 8:00 would be a great time to show up. I'm sure it won't take more than an hour or so to get set up but that will allow some time to relax a little before the early birds show up.

And you'll get primo parking spots!

BadBird
September 1st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Carol and I will do our best to be there by 0800. I have a few tape measures and other stuff that I got for free at Harbor Freight. Do you want me to bring them to give away and if you need other items please let me know.

Luva65wagon
September 2nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
If anyone has raffle items they intended to bring - bring them down. We should have a great selection and nobody will leave empty-handed.

I'll be there at 8am... if the creek don't rise. On that note the decision at the meeting was to go - rain or shine. So, if you don't mind getting a free car wash if the weather is a little inclement day-of, don't let it stop you. We'll be there.

redfalken
September 2nd, 2014, 05:48 PM
You said the "R" word! :rain:

The company my wife works for is donating a few prizes along with the dash plaques! We've got a lot of great raffle prizes for sure. It's always nice to walk away from a car show winning something!

66Futura
September 4th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Hi, I just joined this forum today but I am a member of the Falcon Club of America and was sent the invite a while back for this event. I am planing on driving down from Vancouver BC on the Saturday and staying overnight at a local hotel/motel and was wondering a few things?

(I have a 1966 Falcon Futura that I would like to enter in the show.)

Do I have to register? (I could not seem to find anything on the site and did send an email but no reply yet)

If the show starts at 10am what time should I be there to get a spot & possibly help out with anything needed?

Is any one else that is driving from a distance have a good idea where to stay that would be close to the event on the Saturday? Anyone meeting up for dinner/drinks the night before?

Any help/advice would be great! This will be my first Falcon show as I have only had the car for about 2 years so looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help answer some of my questions.

Cheers,

Chris

doghows
September 4th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Chris, you do not need to register, just show up. It is a casual show (no awards or trophy's) most of us in the club are showing up around 8-9am to set up.
I think one of our other members is putting together something that shows local hotels and restaurants. There are plenty in the area.
Griots has a parking area just for car shows that will accommodate 300 cars. I don't think we wil get anywhere near that but should have a decent showing. Hope to see you there.

66Futura
September 4th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I am going to do my best to make it down to the event. I will keep checking this site for more info over the next week of suggestions of where everyone else from out of town are staying/getting together the night before the show etc....

Cheers!

Chris

don b
September 5th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I am going to do my best to make it down to the event. I will keep checking this site for more info over the next week of suggestions of where everyone else from out of town are staying/getting together the night before the show etc....

Cheers!

Chris

Chris, here are the 3 closest hotels to the site.

Extended Stay America Tacoma - South (https://local.yahoo.com/details?id=22252275&stx=hotel&csz=Tacoma+WA)
0.95 mi
1 out of 5 Stars (https://local.yahoo.com/info-22252275-extended-stay-america-tacoma-south-tacoma)
[/URL]

[URL="http://dms.netmng.com/si/cm/tracking/DGTrackingRedirect.aspx?siclientid=2918&siredirect=http%3a%2f%2fwww.extendedstayamerica.co m%2fproperty%2fExtended-Stay-America-Tacoma-South-hotel.html&sisearchengine=326&siproduct=Extended+Stay+America+Tacoma+-+South"]Website (https://local.yahoo.com/info-22252275-extended-stay-america-tacoma-south-tacoma)
2120 S 48th St, Tacoma, WA 98409
Between Tacoma Mall Blvd and S 47th St
Phone: (253) 475-6565

Directions
Find Nearby
Zoom Here

<LI id=business-listing-2 class="clearfix myc-business business " data-business-id="35092971"> 2
Landmark Suites (https://local.yahoo.com/details?id=35092971&stx=hotel&csz=Tacoma+WA)

0.64 mi
www.landmark-suites.com (http://www.landmark-suites.com/)
4720 S Pine St, Tacoma, WA 98409
Between S 48th St and S 47th St
Phone: (866) 529-4481

Directions
Find Nearby
Zoom Here

<LI id=business-listing-3 class="clearfix myc-business business " data-business-id="40711464"> 3
Km Resorts of America Incorporated (https://local.yahoo.com/details?id=40711464&stx=hotel&csz=Tacoma+WA)

0.68 mi
www.kmresorts.com (http://www.kmresorts.com/)
3108 S Union Ave, #A, Tacoma, WA 98409
Between S Center St and S 31st St
Phone: (253) 682-5880

Directions
Find Nearby
Zoom Here

Don

Jeff W
September 5th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Cheers!

Chris

Chris - There is a group of Falcons and Fairlanes in the Vancouver BC area planning on making the drive down. Roger may have thier contact info if you were interested in joining the caravan down I-5

redfalken
September 5th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I'm really liking the look of the forecast for Tacoma next Sunday!

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i409/redfalken/temp-1.jpg (http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/redfalken/media/temp-1.jpg.html)

redfalken
September 5th, 2014, 06:54 PM
The dash plaques are here and looking great! Available to the first 50 cars. Let's hope we run out!

doghows
September 7th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Ok all the goodie bags are stuffed till I ran out of stuff. I think we have at least fifty, plus I have some odd ball stuff leftover that I will bring and we can sit it on a table for freebie grabie stuff. :rocker:

I need a bigger place for more stuff!!

redfalken
September 7th, 2014, 05:05 PM
And remember, Griot's said they would have 50 of some samples of one of their products for the goodie bags. If I don't remember to ask when we're setting up, track down "Guy" if you can.

doghows
September 9th, 2014, 06:49 AM
So we are about five days away now, has anything else come up since the meeting that need our attention? Any last minute things to round up?
I think I have all my stuff in one or two spots now but I'm thinking of adding one or two of my folding tables to the pile? Will they be needed or am I just adding extra weight to the car for the trip?
Let me know if there is anything else! If not see you all on Sunday Sunday Sunday. ( I said that in my monster truck announcer voice if you couldn't tell):D

don b
September 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Appreciate all your work! Please do bring the tables as I can use them for raffle items. Can anyone confirm they have the actual Raffle Tickets please? See you Sunday.

doghows
September 9th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I believe at the meeting it was said Roger has some and I think Kenny has a bunch too. I'm sure they will chime in to let you know for sure.

How many tables? I have three or four if I can fit them in the car.

redfalken
September 9th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I've got a pile going at home as well. I can't think of anything else that has come up since the meeting. Griot's said they have 3-4 tables on hand. Not sure if that's card size or the bigger ones.

Roger said he has the raffle tickets and will bring them. I don't have any. He's out of town on a business trip and I don't know if he'll have time to chime in before the meet.

There's still no precip in the forecast for Sunday and it looks like it will be bright and sunny!!

dhbfaster
September 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Can I stop by And pick up any more drinks or ice or anything else?:BEER:

don b
September 10th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Don,
If you could bring about 4 bag of ice to get us started. Thanks, Kathy and I are bringing raffle items and water.

SmithKid
September 10th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Don, got enough coolers? I have a couple medium size.

don b
September 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Steve is bringing a large fish cooler, so we should be ok with that.
Thanks

Voodoofalcon
September 10th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Do you think it would be alright with the club and Griots if I
Brought a small table to display some of my shifter knobs ??

don b
September 10th, 2014, 09:43 PM
My vote would be that it would be ok, they don't sell them.
Don

pbrown
September 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Do you think it would be alright with the club and Griots if I
Brought a small table to display some of my shifter knobs ??

As long as you bring a Rat Fink knob as well. ;)

dhbfaster
September 10th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Don, no problem! I'll be there with four bags of ice!
If anyone can think of anything else let me know.

don b
September 11th, 2014, 02:16 PM
If you have room for all 4 tables, I think bring them. I have over 50 raffle items to display.
Thanks.

BrownFox
September 11th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I've ended up with a '63 Sprint 4spd Cnv that needs restoring, more than I want to tackle. Engine runs well but it has transmission problems that make it not drivable except for short distance. I brought it up from California earlier in the year and would like it to get to the right someone who's just waiting to bring one back to life.

Would it be appropriate to trailer it to the event and hang a "for sale" sign on it?

Thanks.

don b
September 11th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I think our mission as a group is to keep Falcons on the road. So I don't see a problem with you bringing it down for sale. One of our members was just looking for a new project. :-)

doghows
September 11th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I'd go ahead and bring it, there is plenty of room so why not some one will want it.

redfalken
September 11th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Yes, I think having a few cars for sale at most shows is pretty standard these days.

And I would say selling a few shifter knobs is OK too. They're cool and nice quality. Remind me to show you the Brody knob on my `62. Maybe I can loan it to make a casting?

One thing not on my list is pens for participants to fill out their window signs. Preferably Sharpies. Anyone want to volunteer to bring a few? Gene would need to ask them to fill it out at the table and leave the pen when they register.

doghows
September 11th, 2014, 08:53 PM
The goodie bags each have a pen in them but not a sharpie?

don b
September 11th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Kathy and I will have some Sharpies

SmithKid
September 11th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I scrounged up 8 or 9 (not new, but serviceable).

redfalken
September 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys! Sounds like we should have plenty.

3-4 of us will caravan from Seattle if anyone wants to join us. We're meeting at Micheal's Market (a quick mart) on the SE corner of Denny and Fairview. Meeting around 7:00 and leaving at 7:15.

doghows
September 12th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Here is a shot I found of the venue we are going to. This will be cool!!

BadBird
September 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM
These people are all first class, and met the son. Their setup at Reno at the Peppermill site was fantastic and the products they sell are also great. I have used their polishes, waxes, pads, cleaners and will buy more this weekend.
My brother is using all their stuff on his 64 Black Fairlane and he believes it's the best he has ever used.
Can't wait to get there Sunday and hope we have a bunch of cars. Larry

redfalken
September 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I had lunch with Joanna today and picked up the desk calendars for the goodie bags. They look great! Joanna did a lot of work on the design, printing, collating and assembling these and they are really fantastic. Also, thanks to all of the club members who sent in photos of their Falcons.

And they are a limited edition! If you attend the Mini-Regional, we have 50 goodie bags and I think Joanna said there may be 4 or 5 extra calendars. Once we run out of bags we'll have to decide as a club who gets the extras. Maybe some eBay fundraising??

doghows
September 12th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Those are awesome, great work Joanna thank you for your hard work. [thumb]

SmithKid
September 12th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I agree! Thanks Joanna!

Voodoofalcon
September 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Those look killer !:banana:

doghows
September 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Ok I'm loaded and ready to go I think.

Does anyone have a table cloth or old sheets or something we can put on the tables I'm bringing? One is a little crust on top the other two are almost new.

So I have 3 tables that are 6' long, my big table won't fit in the car. I have both my ez ups and a big cooler. 3' long by 18" wide. Goodie bags, more raffle prizes that have come in and???? Oh yeah my car! Washed waxed and detailed. Oil checked gas tank full tires good (for now).

Let me know if I forgot anything but don't add too much as my car is full and now a low rider. :banana::rocker::3g::D:;:)

pbrown
September 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM
What are you doing online in the middle of the day. Shouldn't you be out polishing your frame rails or something? :p

doghows
September 13th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I didn't go to bed last night so I'm done early. Besides I upgraded to the 21st century remember!?!

don b
September 13th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks for bringing the cool , I will go up and get some party table covers after dinner.

doghows
September 13th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Awesome thanks Don, and tell your wife thanks too. I plan on getting to Griots around 8:00 am if not a touch earlier. Hopefully that will be enough time before the early birds show up!

Luva65wagon
September 13th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Hey all. Back from my business trip today about 5pm and spent until now digging out the PA from the four corners and getting that loaded up. I have the pop-up and banner/n/holder. Raffle tickets aplenty. Will have both my cars there. It's been a long week, but looking forward to this!

doghows
September 14th, 2014, 05:31 AM
The day is finally here everyone WAKE UP,!! Time to get out and have some fun, see you all in about three hours!:3g:

pbrown
September 14th, 2014, 06:35 AM
The day is finally here everyone WAKE UP,!! Time to get out and have some fun, see you all in about three hours!:3g:

I'm coming. Hold your horses...:banana:

don b
September 14th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I am up and all most ready, leaving here about 7:30. Start your Falcons!!!

Norm1
September 14th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks to all the hard working organizers for a great day!!

Loved all the rides............

redfalken
September 14th, 2014, 05:03 PM
It was a great show! Thanks to everyone who helped out and everyone who showed up. I think the official count on the registration sheet was 54 but there were probably 60 at some point including the ones who came in late.

The raffle went so smooth! Can't wait to hear how much $$ it brought in. And a gorgeous day too. I should have used sunscreen...

doghows
September 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Awesome day, me Ron and the delivery made it home.

GREAT BIG !!!! thank you to Don and his wife for really stepping up and handling the raffle, also to Roger, Kenny, Jeff, Patrick, and any one else I'm forgetting for their help in making this a huge success.

It was a nice relax laid back show with about 55 Falcons and comets, fairlanes, and even one galaxie (Ron) an Australian falcon was there right hand drive and all.. Our friends from Canada showed up with 5 or 6 cars from their club, as did our sister club from down in Vancouver.

Two thumbs up for the whole deal it was fun awesome and a great day. Also a big thanks to Griots garage for the use of the parking lot and the tech class we got as well!?

SmithKid
September 14th, 2014, 06:41 PM
WOW, what a great day! Me being a Ranchero owner, I was surprised and pleased that there were 13 Rancheros at the show today!

My THANKS to Don and Kathy for the great work they put in on the Raffle prizes!

Luva65wagon
September 14th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Ditto with the Kudos to Don and KATHY for the excellent handling of the raffles and knowing. And I'm still reeling from this... to bring raffle tickets after I said I'd have them. So thanks Don for that! 10 days straight craziness for me ended today. The fact I made it at all is a wonder.

Thanks as well to all the rest of you who put in the team effort to pull out a first-class event. You know who you are - and you're all appreciated!

[BOW]

I was in awe at the attendance. Thanks to all the long distance drivers and if Ron from Green Acres, WA reads this - PM one of us... you've got an award we forgot to give to you for longest driven.

I think the venue was perfect and we'll use the same place next year, most likely... and we'll make sure it's just a little earlier in the year for those of you with kids in school.

Hope you all made it home safely.

doghows
September 14th, 2014, 09:26 PM
If anyone has a really good group shot I'd like a copy. I know it was hard due to lack of forklift or helicopter. But I think I might try to put together a nice 8x10 or bigger with our thanks and maybe a dash plaque if there is an extra one to send to Griots. It won't hurt to make sure they know we appreciate the use of their facility.

Also I'll be busy this week sending some pics to all the vendors that sent us stuff for the raffle so I'm stealing what ever you guys post cause my pictures sucked.

redfalken
September 15th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Anyone missing a RockAuto coupon from the raffle?? Found it while unpacking last night in my bucket of misc. stuff from the registration table.

Luva65wagon
September 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Was the ticket number still on it? I saw two unclaimed raffles and one got picked up, but one didn't. I'll send a mass mail tonight and post the number if we have it. Maybe people may still have their tickets shoved in their pocketses. If not, I know they are dated, we'll add it to the member meeting if it happens in time. Otherwise... it's your lucky day!

redfalken
September 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Ticket number is 782382. I'll be happy to send the code if anyone steps up. It expires 9/28/14.

Luva65wagon
September 16th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Ooh - 14 days away. Let's give it a couple days - and then we'll pull a name from a virtual cap.

Jeff W
September 17th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Has anyone heard if our Canadian families all made it home without further mishap?:confused:

It was sure great we had so many make the trek. I just wish there was more time to make a connection with everyone... The day just flew by

Jeff W
September 19th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Has anyone heard if our Canadian families all made it home without further mishap?:confused:

It was sure great we had so many make the trek. I just wish there was more time to make a connection with everyone... The day just flew by

Bill from Canada send me an IM and said he made it all the way home without further issues. That is the best news I heard all week.;:)