PDA

View Full Version : Self adjusting brakes

Sedanman
July 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hi guys,

I'm finally getting around to some small projects on my bird. The first one is to replace my rear brake hardware (I put in all new drums and shoes awhile back but spring kits for non-adjusting brakes are not avail.) as I'm getting howling noises from my rear brakes when I turn at low speeds. I pulled my drums today and the old springs are getting soft.

I'd like to put self adjusting mechanisms in the 8 inch I have installed (from a '65 falcon wagon) Before I go searching, does anyone have a parts rearend or extra set of star wheels and other required parts or know where I can get a whole kit? I've thrown out so many adjusters over the years, and now I'm paying for it....Thanks!

T.

redfalken
July 25th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Check out this link to Falcon Enterprises:

http://www.falconparts.com/1963%2D1970+FORD+FALCON+6+CYLINDER+LEFT+SIDE+BRAKE +ADJUSTER+HARDWARE+KIT.html

Is this what you need? I got most of the parts when I put in the 8" Maverick rearend last year. I'd like to also do my front brakes but maybe I can convert to front disks instead.

You also might check with a local brake shop. The one near me on Aurora sold me a few used parts and seemed to have bins of them.

Sedanman
July 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks Kenny!

That's exactly what I'm looking for, although I have a V-8 rear and they do carry a kit for that as well. Now I just need to decide what other goodies to order with the kits....:D

T.