PDA

View Full Version : Straightenedlines

EdsFunny
March 27th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Under the watchful eye of the Falcon Whisperer, the lines on the old girl are improving. I'd like to take credit for it, but I'm a sheet metal idiot...

SmithKid
March 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Wow! That's beautiful! If it isn't you doing the work, whoever it is should be proud! Mine sure doesn't line up like that.

Luva65wagon
March 27th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Wow - I wish mine lined up that good too. Usually can make it happen that way without the weatherstip, then I put that on and it all goes south. Looks really nice though. Nice color.

EdsFunny
March 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM
It's a 1932 Ford color, but applied by someone with a bucket-load of talent more than I have. He's sworn me to secrecy until he's done, so I have to let him put out the first pictures on the whole car, but I'm all wiggly about how good it looks, so...
If anyone remembers how many colors my car was, you'd appreciate the change. I should have pulled my engine back out before he started, to let him get the whole thing done.

The doors will probably need a little readjust after the seals settle, but it's still 'way better than it used to be.

dhbfaster
March 27th, 2014, 07:32 PM
My car should ready for paint and body about the time yours is done...[BOW]

EdsFunny
March 28th, 2014, 02:56 AM
My car should ready for paint and body about the time yours is done...[BOW]

Don't worry too much - I'm pretty sure it's never going to be done. The new look has given me a kick in the pants about the engine compartment wiring and the brake master cylinder, though.

PhilC
May 26th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Delivery is less than a week away. This one will be back on the west side soon. [thumb]

Nathan289
May 26th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Phil,

I have two falcons that need your magic.. Hopefully I'll have one of them ready next year for you.

Good to hear that you've been keeping busy.

doghows
May 26th, 2014, 09:41 AM
That looks awesome, Ed I gather this one is yours? I ask because there is a identical one on the Facebook page, or is it the same one?
Very nice either way.

PhilC
May 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
That looks awesome, Ed I gather this one is yours? I ask because there is a identical one on the Facebook page, or is it the same one?
Very nice either way.
Yes, this is Ed's car and thanks for the nice comments. [thumb]

EdsFunny
May 28th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Yes, this is my '63. The '62 is going to be "put down" this week. The frame is really far gone, and I can't sell it to anyone that might go nuts and try to drive it. ( I jacked it up and the left frame rail behind the wheel just caved in.). The blue one will be my daily driver, only now I have to park in the back of the lot to avoid dings for a year or so.

PhilC
May 31st, 2014, 08:03 PM
Ed and his Falcon are homeward bound. Pulled out of the driveway about 5pm heading west. Sure enjoyed working on his car and hope it brings him many years of enjoyment. Thanks for letting me bring it into shape. :)

Nathan289
May 31st, 2014, 08:11 PM
Dang phil great work...

Maybe my wife will quit spending my paint money and you can do mine.

doghows
May 31st, 2014, 09:55 PM
Nicely done Phil, has the line begun to form to have work done?

Ed you coming to the show tomorrow? You can debut your car with mine!!

:BEER:

EdsFunny
June 1st, 2014, 05:25 AM
As of. Sunday morning, I'm still over on the east side. I'll be back mid-day, unless my maniac wife wants to find some more curvy road. First outing will probably be the Rakers show in PT. You still planning on going to that?

Nathan289
June 1st, 2014, 09:35 AM
Ed

Take highway 12 back and go through mt. St. Helans national park. There's some curvy roads for you.

When you see a warning sign that says 5 mph u shaped curve a head they ain't lying.

High way 2 is another nice route through all the small towns.

BillP 98201
June 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Congrats Ed! Great job Phil! :rocker:

doghows
June 2nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
You bet I'm there, hopefully some of the other guys will come over for this one. :3g: