PDA

View Full Version : !962 Ranchero - Lake City

Luva65wagon
April 2nd, 2014, 04:08 PM
Saw this car on my way to work and slowed to snap a picture. It looks to be a pretty clean '62 Ranchero they're asking $5995 for. May be a bit much, but I may swing by and just peek at it - if they don't sell it first.

It's on Lake City Way around 102nd or so. D&J is the name of the place, if I recall correctly.

They had a '63 hardtop a few years ago I was very tempted to buy, to flip, but times were tight then... interestingly the same way they are now... hmmm...

:bicker:

doghows
April 2nd, 2014, 08:18 PM
I saw that one posted on Craigslist as well. The posted it as "show quality" with excellent paint etc.. Also in the add they take Visa, MC, or American Express.. I say go for it!![thumb]

CL >seattle >seattle >all for sale / wanted >cars & trucks - by dealer
contact x prohibited[?] Posted: 12 hours ago
1962 Ford Ranchero.....EXTRAORDINARY......SHOW BODY/Paint....SEXY..... - $5800 (VISA, master & debit cards WELCOME)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
10315 Lake City Way NE
(google map) (yahoo map)

1962 Ford Rancher manual transmission title : clean

more ads by this user
This 1962 Ranchero knocked my socks off when I saw it. The body is as straight as a pin. The pictures don't do justice. It was just traded-in right here!. CLEAN TITLE. If you see a flaw in any paint photos, that is either a reflection or a pine needle. The chrome & stainless is amazing. ZERO RUST. Drives like a dream (it was driven here from Lake Stevens. Guaranteed to draw a crowd at an car show or social.
MUSEUM CURATORS WELCOME.

More photos available upon request.
I have extensive experience shipping vehicles. Email for a quote. Last week I shipped a Jeep Wrangler (COD) to Westerville, OH for $650.

C & J Auto Sales
10307 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)523-8755

If you have something you would like to sell or trade-in, call the WE BUY ANYTHING hot line, (206)523-8755 (phone offers gladly)
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4404001550 posted: 12 hours ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.
© 2014 craigslist help safety privacy feedback cl jobs terms about mobile

BillP 98201
April 2nd, 2014, 10:46 PM
Yes Roger...... His and hers Rancheros! [yay]

Luva65wagon
April 2nd, 2014, 11:03 PM
Small world story around this car. After seeing it yesterday and before posting this thread I got a phone call yesterday and a message left from somebody selling a bunch of parts he didn't need. So I called him back today and Gene and I drove out to his house (north of Gene in Everett) and looked at his little pile of parts. Just a pile like we all get rid of after a restoration, but enough interesting extra's to offer him something and take it all away. I may just break even, which is fine. But we're chatting and he runs into the house to grab a picture of the car he just sold - a blue 62 Ranchero. Gene and I look at each other and I grab my phone and show him the picture. It was his. He said it was nice, but he didn't mention show quality, but mentioned the guy who bought it [said he] intended to keep it. Apparently not.

I may still go look, but I do not need - nor want - another project [yet]. :D

doghows
April 2nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
That's nuts. Amazing how the Falcon world is so small yet so big.

On a side note, in your pile of part was there any tailgate stuff? I'm looking for the inner panel and latch system. :D

Luva65wagon
April 3rd, 2014, 11:18 PM
There were a few gate parts, but not the panel. I have not sorted it all, but there were a couple rubber bumpers (top corners of the hard kind - which I have too many of). And I think body catches.

doghows
April 3rd, 2014, 11:21 PM
Cool got something in the works. I'll know more in a couple days and hopefully show you what I did. :D

Luva65wagon
April 3rd, 2014, 11:24 PM
A little birdy has been tweeting in my ear about something. What will Steve be surprising us with next.

BadBird
April 5th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Well, if you are running around looking at more cars/parts. Keep a look out for a 1948, 1949, or 1950 Ford F1 pickup. Am looking for a stock truck with original flathead V8. Oh Yeah. Trying to not spend much more than $5000. Thanks Larry

falcon cobra
April 6th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Larry, my 51 F1 is for sale but it's not stock, you might like a 250 hp 2.3 4cyl with a 5 speed...jh:shift:

BadBird
April 6th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks John Henry, I would have to find an original engine, but how much are you asking? thanks again. Larry