PDA

View Full Version : Looking for drivers side front bumper bracket '61

dhbfaster
April 24th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Any help most appreciated!

Luva65wagon
April 24th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Got a photo of one - maybe the other side? I have a few I have no idea what they fit yet.

dhbfaster
April 26th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Here are a few pics of the other side (which I powder coated, but not looking for a pretty one...just looking for the correct one...) Thanks!

dhbfaster
April 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Just getting this up top before the weekend is over...anyone see one of these driver side 61 front bumper brackets in a box lying around their garage?

Luva65wagon
April 28th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I have the correct side you need - if only you had a 62 or 63. It's very close, so if you totally strike out, I'm sure some creative welding could get this one to match.

Luva65wagon
April 28th, 2014, 01:10 PM
After posting this I spun the thing around and see it is the same side as yours but a different year. :doh:

dhbfaster
April 28th, 2014, 01:34 PM
The one I need to replace is the one I thought was the "good" one...until I got a good one. Then figured out this one is bent-just not as bad as the other side. It's not ridiculously bent- but bent enough to make a difference and it is sort of a "twist" bend in two directions. Has anyone had any experience trying to heat something like this up with a torch and bend it back into place?